It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Creepy 10/28/11 Website Mystery

page: 856
<< 853  854  855    857  858  859 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Goodbye TNT and it is a good bye. The posts here speak louder than words ever could about your gracious soul. I have no words to express how grateful I am for...you. You will not be forgotten as you are part of us all. Fare thee well in your journey and peace be with you always.

Druid-that was beautiful

edit on 1-11-2011 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: thanks for the 100th star, whoever you are..

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TNTarheel

Words sometimes fail me, music rarely does though. Sorry people, I'm stepping into the DJ mode for a moment. I've tried to keep it OT and gentle. And not too somber either, more beautiful.

It feels almost like a party again, except with a slightly less exuberant and happy vibe.
*sighs*

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Words have failed me as well...

Love the time we spent together. I will see you again eventually...

Peace to you thread friend
edit on 1-11-2011 by TheFool because: 4 is a good number for this post...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I used to think I was blessed now I know I am cursed
Things never get better they only ever get worse
I really do hate it, I'd like to beat it with a stick
If only it would rid me of this feeling of being sick

Time bends, mind warps, free forming, free associating
life can be so god damn mother #ing aggravating
I never said I was clean, I never said I was smart
The only thing I swore was speak truth and speak heart

Now in this life riddle, if we could just see it
Is love, light and reason, if we could only see through it
We will always be here and so will you!
We will surely be there when you Break On Through

What the Other Side is? None of us have any clue
But it must surely be better than all this # that we do
If I could only swap places, swap graces and faces
I surely would, if I only could. I surely would.

Yes I know the last line doesn't rhyme, its from Simon and Garfunkel's song. So there!
Sleep well Dynamite Dorothy (in my last post for some reason I posted Dazzling but I guess dynamite can be dazzling too, if you get close enough)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I am finding myself wanting to be contrary. That probably says more about me than you, TNT, but I also know you have the grace to permit me to post this contrary poem -- which my grandfather, when he was dying, used to read to me while I sat next to him:

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
When I was little we used to watch a show called Little House (yeah, I know). Anyway, this is something from it that we all were told over and over and over

"Remember me with smiles and laughter,
For that's the way I'll remember you all.
If you can only remember me with tears,
Then don't remember me at all."

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Time4aChange

Time

Am thinking of you too, The greatest gift in life is to have known grandparents. I had two amazing grandmothers. And you have one of the best, as I know you know. Soak up all that wisdom, it is something you will treasure for all your life.

x Mara

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love - time is eternity.”
― Henry Van Dyke

Love you, T.
Always.

J'espère que nous nous reverrons...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mara5683

Thanks, Mara. I know. I actually have my great-grandmother and great-great grandmother close too.

But there ain't anybody like my grandma. Or yours. Or anybody else's. Our elders are our wisdom. Our foundation.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Guess I'll go now. Good night, ya'll.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Indeed time4achange. As I learnt many years ago, when someone passes we actually cry for ourselves, for our loss, not theirs. The loss of their presence. But feeling sad is okay and I only heard this today so the shock is still quite considerable. Your Nana had mentioned things about Doctors and stuff before but I guess I never just realised the seriousness.

ETA: Uhh, Little House on The Prairie? With Missy? My deepest sympathies, I think I saw quite a few episodes of that as a child too (British TV, re-runs). It beats staring at a blank screen. Possibly...

edit on 1/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA added

edit on 1/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: 1 typo 1 americanisation

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

None of us knew, Light. We shoulda but we didn't.

Edit: The one with Laura somebody in it. It sure beat some of that other crap for sure.

edit on 11/1/2011 by Time4aChange because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I gotta go study.

Thanks for lettin me hang out for a little while.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I did say I was trying to be gentle. Music can br subjective at the best of times but I would like to think I was at least close to the mark. The appreciation of guitar music is strong in me though. I came from having to live through the eighties. Synthpop with bad sound recordings does not for a great album make. I went back to classic rock, Jimi Hendrix, and others. I hated the music of my day with a passion you wouldn't believe. Someone burning his guitar live onstage after playing it like The Devil from that old song The Devil Went Down To Georgia left quite an impression.
The best of wishes.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Time4aChange
When I was little we used to watch a show called Little House (yeah, I know). Anyway, this is something from it that we all were told over and over and over

"Remember me with smiles and laughter,
For that's the way I'll remember you all.
If you can only remember me with tears,
Then don't remember me at all."

Time, I grew up watching Little House, so did my kids (they watched re-runs so maybe they are around your age, give or take?). we even recently met the actress who played Nelly ... which was totally cool ... but I digress.

I don't agree with this poem and neither would have my own grandma and grandpa. Both were English teachers and raised me on literature, as if it were food. Food for the soul.

It is okay to Rage Rage. If that is what you feel.

Feelings change and go, like twigs or logs floating on the stream. Honor what you are feeling, as it passes on the stream. Doesn't that poem seem wrong? It does to me. It's like.. choke it up and stop being a wuss!! I don't agree with that. I just don't. If at this moment you feel tears, then CRY. There's nothing at all wrong with that. It definitely does not mean you are not going to remember your grandma. That is just nonsense.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sheba2011

Aww screw it...lets go back again

We still have time after all...
edit on 1-11-2011 by TheFool because: a lighter mood sounds good anyways...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I've been wanting to say something about "Belief without Doubt" but had a busy day personally, combined with TNT's news. And I'm emotionally exhausted, so I hope others will help me out on this and chime in.

I absolutely do not set myself up as a teacher or guru. But, anyone with serious spiritual practice learns very early on that "Belief" is what you must question, you must doubt, you MUST let go! Yes you can pick up beliefs and carry them for a time -- as long as they serve you -- but when you start serving the belief, it's absolutely time to let them down and let them go.

Belief is of the mind, not the spirit. Belief is cultural. Belief is conditioning. It is what led us all into this friggin' mess those of us who choose not to ascend but to stay here and create heaven on earth must confront, change, tackle.

And, this is what is means to be "Open"... Open minded.

THIS is why I doubt Open and question his/her intentions.This is why I have not dismissed the possibility that Open may be (knowingly/innocently) starting a cult. Cults rely on beliefs... same as all religions and political affiliations.

I can't even tell you it's okay to have a belief in Oneness... because one must define "oneness"... if it means I must believe what you believe, I have a problem with that.

My spiritual exploration has taught me that RULE #1 is: DOUBT ALL BELIEFS.

And it has served me amazingly well and taken me to amazing places. And, that is why I have trouble with Open, because he is saying the exact opposite. If Open would explain himself, maybe I could understand... but he has not.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Very nice Sheba. "He who must not be named" also shared similar thoughts

Those thoughts were buried in this thread however....oh well.

Dance dance.

***The greatest thing you can teach others is to doubt and question everything. It is a valuable skill.***
edit on 1-11-2011 by TheFool because: deny ignorance...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFool

Very nice Sheba. "He who must not be named" also shared similar thoughts

Those thoughts were buried in this thread however....oh well.

Dance dance.

Edit~The greatest thing you can teach others is to doubt and question everything. It is a valuable skill.
edit on 1-11-2011 by TheFool because: typo

Yes, and as you well know, "he who must not be named" and I came to understand, respect, and appreciate each other.

That's what happens when you are willing to question beliefs, and root them out. Because it's often not always obvious you even have them.

That's not to say you may still have *principles* -- which is what TNT gracefully and consistently demonstrates with every post she's ever made.

And I should say -- I am still willing to keep an open mind about Open. I really am. The door, with me, is *always* open. Though I may get bored or distracted by something else, and eventually move on. Just saying... but not saying what Open has to do -- because I'm open even about that. Does that make sense? I prob should go to bed now!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

No no thread friend. I understand completely.

I have played my part. Questioning was a part of that. It was beautiful was it not?

I have no issue with "open" either. If he comes out and explains himself, then I will smile....then I will probably post a song with the exact opposite viewpoint.

Seeing both viewpoints is important. I see them all-foolishly.

I love you too btw

PS~As for TNT. They said they are gone soon. There is no reason to dig that up. I get what you meant though. Love....TheFool

top topics

<< 853  854  855    857  858  859 >>

join