It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Creepy 10/28/11 Website Mystery

page: 841
<< 838  839  840    842  843  844 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IQPREREQUISITE
reply to post by sheba2011

THANK YOU!!! AGAIN! Someone's making sense for a change!

Enough with the dreams...the new consciousness thing...empowerment..mulitverses...and the drama and the EGOCENTRIC thoughts! Me...I...Me...I...Me...I...My...I...My...Me...I...Myself...Me...etc. etc.

Facts! Hard facts everyone!

: )

Thank you for your kudos, but I want to be clear that I live in a reality in which hard facts are not always necessary. I appreciate where you are coming from and the role you have chosen to play, and it is a valuable one, so I tip my hat to you....

It's just that I've personally had way too many experiences (well prior to this whole web site -- years and years of experiences) that cannot easily be explained away by hard cold facts. Though believe me, I do my best to try... I approach like a scientist as much as I can.

As for egocentric thoughts, I am the last person to advocate committing ego suicide. I recommend cultivating a healthy ego, one that is well balanced. "Self" is not a dirty word, in my reality. And earlier on when Open said it was a choice between service to self and service to others, I said over and over again that service to self was JUST as valid a choice, because if you don't serve yourself properly first, you are no good to others.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmirror
reply to post by TNTarheel

People can want an ending if they like it...however it is never really an ending...just a moving on. Once people are all satisfied with the result, even if it is to be dissapointed in the outcome, then they will be prepared to move to the next thing. However the experience still remains in memory, even when life continues...so it never really ends.

I think we are using the word "ending" in different contexts, you and I

No matter. As the young ones say: "It is what it is." Either Open is as good as his/her word...or not.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think I am done here for a while.

I'm tired and I want to spend more time with my family before everyone goes home.

Peace

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Maybe he is waiting for something from the people responding to the site before he can reveal what he wants to say? Something on Record, he keeps stipulating that. Maybe he is waiting for a particular response?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Can someone please post the wiki link again with all the stuff that has been found? I'm not sure where we were - has everything on the main page been decoded? The binary 011010110110010101111001 on the main page decodes to "key" according to this binary translator.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mmirror

Or a particular time...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

I'm not sure if the wiki is accessible? There might be a link further back.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
New comment from Open:

Posted by open in Uncategorized I’m hoping that some are starting to see the pattern of the posts here.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Heres a link a member provided earlier, sorry I forget who so I cant give credit.
It was copied from wiki to paste bin.

http:///krYF0aqt

edit on 30-10-2011 by lightmere because: added info

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

As is the way the decorum must be adhered to. I do love decorum, it makes discussions and debates so respectful and dignified, don't you think.
Namasté

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Molimo
reply to post by KhaliWitch

Do you have any ideas what his message is?

Blessed be Molimo,
I think IMHO, that his message is that people should start embracing the positivity more and stop being so negative. And people should start acting as a community instead of being so... egocentric. But this is just my opinion of what Open's message is about.

Namasté

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KhaliWitch

Originally posted by Molimo
reply to post by KhaliWitch

Do you have any ideas what his message is?

Blessed be Molimo,
I think IMHO, that his message is that people should start embracing the positivity more and stop being so negative. And people should start acting as a community instead of being so... egocentric. But this is just my opinion of what Open's message is about.

Namasté

I don't think that's his message.

Posted by open in Uncategorized I’m hoping that some are starting to see the pattern of the posts here.

The pattern I see, and have seen all along, is that we truly create our own reality, in that we see exactly what we want to see. That is the only consistent message of this entire exercise. All else has been inconsistent, can you see it? The inconsistency IS the pattern. The site change based on what we want to see.

Ivanova wanted to see Putin so Open gave her Putin...
Some wanted to see death and destruction so Open hinted about finding a safe place...
Some wanted the message to be positive and about love, so Open responded with hints to do just that..
Many wanted to believe October 28 was a non-event, so it was a non-event...
Heck I worried about hackers so guess what? I got hacked!

on and on and on and on it goes...

If I post here my own theories about what "start in California" could mean, surely Open will change the web site accordingly to support that theory next.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The mirror has two feces...

www.regretsy.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lightmere

Me, me me! STARRRRRRRRRRS!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

edit on 30-10-2011 by JackTheTripper because: triple post

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

edit on 30-10-2011 by JackTheTripper because: double post

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Any "message" that we think Open has given to us, is a theory of the individual and a personal projection.

Open has only typed some numbers, brackets and dots on a page, along with the picture of a cat, a few Beatles songs and a couple of maps that led nowhere.

On the other hand, he has made a promise to spell it out 'at the end of the 28th'. We are still waiting...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatar22
UGH! I always miss the party!!! Anyone up for breakfast?? I'll make eggs and toast!
This reminds me of the story "Stone Soup" my mom read to me as a child.
The entire town was hungry, no one had enough to eat. A man arrives and tells them he can make a "magic" soup for them with only water and a stone. No one believed him at first. He begins to boil the water and the stone and tastes it... somethings missing...
One villager says they have a carrot and runs home to get it.
Still not quite there.
Another villager says they have a cabbage and adds it to the pot
This continues on until every villager has contributed a small thing to the soup and they feast together!

As a child this story meant that cooperation could do much more than an individual.
After the months we have spent together on this thread I believe we have created our own "stone soup".
Open came to town claiming to feed us all... but we were the ones who fed each other.

Marvelous! The making of a tribe.

It does prove if you give someone a common challenge, it some what unites them. It's a take off on that military/government tactic of create a common enemy and it unites people and they will give you tons of money or their time what ever you are demanding to figure out this phantom challenge among themselves.

We aren't even quite sure what our common challenge was as it kept changing it seemed based on what we believed it to be or hoped it was or wasn't.

This is much like that occupy movement which is a study in leaderless democracy tribe evolving mechanics.

It did show you could interest a certain set of people usual doomers potentially (collecting from a conspiracy site)and hold them together tempting them with a challenge of intellectual and enlightenment potentiality instead of a huge doom for a date but leaving it open so they could be drawn to dialogue for all possibilities including doom.

Obviously we cats all lived (save we still have Monday, Monday tomorrow), neither radiation nor food chain nor chemical poisoning sure doom reports have stopped up. There is no need to fear these things as our DNA must be handling things and giving us just what we believe without doubt.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
My analysis so far:

Open is a person that had an "experience" over 2 years ago, which compelled him to create a website. The whole Oct. 28th, 2011 correlation is directly linked to Open's infatuation with Dr. Calleman's research into the Mayan Calendar.

There is a pitfall with picking a date for any event. People have expectations. 839 pages later, expectations are still not met, and therefore the normal recourse is what you are experiencing now.

What does Open do now? He fades into obscurity, his once "enlightened" pupils return to normal, and life goes on as before.

The answers we have not gotten isn't because they aren't there, it's just that this puzzle was a little too far advanced for us to understand. Like many others have suggested, the delivery mechanism for Open's message was poorly conceived. I felt many times during the last 839 pages that Open was as busy updating and changing the puzzle as quickly as we were figuring things out. For a while, it was very interactive, and that was a nice, even if unplanned, aspect.

Was it a fun ride? Sure. I've met several new friends, had plenty of good conversations, learned in the process, and got to watch a lot of excellent videos from everyone who was contributing. I think overall I can rate this as a positive experience, a bit disappointed in the lack of disclosure, but life is a learning experience, both for Open and for us.

Several EXCELLENT summaries. We definitely can give Open kudos for spending as much time reading the forums as we have so s/he was as sucked into it as we are. Perhaps this was our "initiation" of some sorts challenged to hang out over 830 pages and 2-3 months in a process with the outcome not defined nor process directed.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TNTarheel

Originally posted by sheba2011

Originally posted by TNTarheel

Have you read Time's posts? She posted what she found...only two people even noticed. Perhaps Open's identity wasn't so important after all, yes?

This is not necessarily directed at you, TNT, or Time. I am using this as a springboard for my own thoughts on this.

No, Open's name and address is not so important and had I found it myself, I would be the last person to post the details on a public forum as I also am a stickler for people's privacy.

That said, what was very much relevant and would have been helpful to know way back 100's of posts ago was the knowledge that Open is a person in their 50s with, as far as I can tell (as perhaps my google fu is failing me?), no sort of association with a cult or criminal activity or mental health issues.

Druid made a dramatic set of two posts in which he posted that a group collaborated behind the scenes to discover Open's identity. His post included a definition of "delusion." Then the thread got moved to chit-chat and people started getting banned.

Can you see how all of those actions -- by ATS members, NOT by Open --- combined to create an environment of paranoia???

Y'all had me convinced that Oct282011 was one of the following:

1) Nothing more than a 4Chan troll. Now I am questioning that, as I find it unlikely that a 50 year old woman participates in 4Chan trolls. I *could* be wrong. It's just that what I know of 4Chan's demographics, that does not add up.

2) Being run by someone who was mentally unstable and delusional. That could still be the case, yes. And I recognize that Druid posted that definition not as an accusation, but in such a way as to allow us all to make up our own minds. Can you, however, see how his first saying that he knew Open's identity would imply that he had additional insider knowledge by which his conclusion was the only conclusion? If there is something more that we are missing here, please do share it.

Otherwise, I'm going to have to call y'all on a "foul" here... same foul as those who suggested Adraves had a criminal record.

3) Worst-case scenario: a known cultist who was deliberately manipulating everyone's minds, targeting those who were most vulnerable and fragile and easiest to manipulate. If this is the case, and this is why the thread got moved to chit-chat, please provide us with the evidence!

I value people's privacy as well, but I also have no room in my belief system for besmirching anyone's name and reputation unnecessarily. People are innocent until proven guilty.

The actions by members of this group have disappointed me.

p.s. Then you have Adrave's chat log that Open posted, don't even let me get started at that. (Waves at Adraves). Adraves' own actions on that chat log were highly questionable but so where those who were accusing him of having a criminal record, going after him and booting him off IRC, and making death threats. What was up with that? Then you have others creating a private forum which was in no way secure, apparently so they could talk about Adraves behind his back. Then you have keyloggers being installed and you have Open sending out emails to people who never provided their emails to Open....my head is spinning...

I want explanations --- but not just from Open. I want explanations from the members of ATS.

What explanations would you have me give, Sheba? I still don't know the reason behind the website...that reason is known only to Open...any other "reasons" are pure conjecture.

I stopped trying to inject reason many, many pages ago. Why? Because no one seemed to want to hear anything that might remotely be detrimental to Open and his/her...message.

This isn't the first thread that the identity of a webmaster was investigated and discovered. This isn't the first thread that any/all personally indentifiable information was deleted and/or kept cloaked for reasons of privacy.

Answers? I would love some also. Will we get them? I doubt it.

Peace

EDIT: The info that was posted has to do with whom the 409 phone number is registered to...that doesn't mean that the same person runs the website.
edit on 10/30/2011 by TNTarheel because: added edit

edit on 10/30/2011 by TNTarheel because: corrected grammar

It would seem posting over and over in source code that phone number was some sort of indication "Open" wanted phone contact so this"privacy" excuse of honorability (possibly) compared with Open posting definitely private chat and adraves being linked and 'exposed' in quite a negative manner with criminal history then how can you not feel this behavior did not invade "privacy" issues? So it seems past actions show privacy issues were not generally ever considered a valid reason or are considered valid for just select individuals.It obviously didn't apply to adraves.

new topics

top topics

<< 838  839  840    842  843  844 >>

join