It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Creepy 10/28/11 Website Mystery

page: 839
<< 836  837  838    840  841  842 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mmirror

Nope.

Still waiting to find out what Open saw/felt/experienced that caused him/her to start this whole thing. Waiting for his own words, the explanation.

Have a nice day!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

open
October 30, 2011 at 6:53 am

The problem is simple.. Expecting it to happen for you. That has been the mindset of those who see this as a failure, it’s completely the opposite.

A lot has changed, but looking for the change around you, you’ll never find it.

Read throughout the record and understand some others experiences and how they differ from yours.

It is still completely possible to understand this, even now.

As I’ve said, the date is a symbol. What does it represent for you personally? How does your results compare to a lot of other results you have throughout your life? Understanding that is what moves you to what others are understanding now.

open
October 30, 2011 at 7:07 am

Ask yourself this: Why the amazing growth in people who are seeking answers to questions they themselves do even know how to ask? Is it just a coincidence? Outside your room, with distractions, nothing has changed for you. What about when it’s just you? When your left with your thoughts, what happens then? The material distracts you from that, and that has been an exercise of this from the beginning.

It is there, you can find it.

Record

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TNTarheel

Have you read Time's posts? She posted what she found...only two people even noticed. Perhaps Open's identity wasn't so important after all, yes?

This is not necessarily directed at you, TNT, or Time. I am using this as a springboard for my own thoughts on this.

No, Open's name and address is not so important and had I found it myself, I would be the last person to post the details on a public forum as I also am a stickler for people's privacy.

That said, what was very much relevant and would have been helpful to know way back 100's of posts ago was the knowledge that Open is a person in their 50s with, as far as I can tell (as perhaps my google fu is failing me?), no sort of association with a cult or criminal activity or mental health issues.

Druid made a dramatic set of two posts in which he posted that a group collaborated behind the scenes to discover Open's identity. His post included a definition of "delusion." Then the thread got moved to chit-chat and people started getting banned.

Can you see how all of those actions -- by ATS members, NOT by Open --- combined to create an environment of paranoia???

Y'all had me convinced that Oct282011 was one of the following:

1) Nothing more than a 4Chan troll. Now I am questioning that, as I find it unlikely that a 50 year old woman participates in 4Chan trolls. I *could* be wrong. It's just that what I know of 4Chan's demographics, that does not add up.

2) Being run by someone who was mentally unstable and delusional. That could still be the case, yes. And I recognize that Druid posted that definition not as an accusation, but in such a way as to allow us all to make up our own minds. Can you, however, see how his first saying that he knew Open's identity would imply that he had additional insider knowledge by which his conclusion was the only conclusion? If there is something more that we are missing here, please do share it.

Otherwise, I'm going to have to call y'all on a "foul" here... same foul as those who suggested Adraves had a criminal record.

3) Worst-case scenario: a known cultist who was deliberately manipulating everyone's minds, targeting those who were most vulnerable and fragile and easiest to manipulate. If this is the case, and this is why the thread got moved to chit-chat, please provide us with the evidence!

I value people's privacy as well, but I also have no room in my belief system for besmirching anyone's name and reputation unnecessarily. People are innocent until proven guilty.

The actions by members of this group have disappointed me.

p.s. Then you have Adrave's chat log that Open posted, don't even let me get started at that. (Waves at Adraves). Adraves' own actions on that chat log were highly questionable but so where those who were accusing him of having a criminal record, going after him and booting him off IRC, and making death threats. What was up with that? Then you have others creating a private forum which was in no way secure, apparently so they could talk about Adraves behind his back. Then you have keyloggers being installed and you have Open sending out emails to people who never provided their emails to Open....my head is spinning...

I want explanations --- but not just from Open. I want explanations from the members of ATS.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sheba2011

THANK YOU!!! AGAIN! Someone's making sense for a change!

Enough with the dreams...the new consciousness thing...empowerment..mulitverses...and the drama and the EGOCENTRIC thoughts! Me...I...Me...I...Me...I...My...I...My...Me...I...Myself...Me...etc. etc.

Facts! Hard facts everyone!

: )

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheba2011

Have you read Time's posts? She posted what she found...only two people even noticed. Perhaps Open's identity wasn't so important after all, yes?

This is not necessarily directed at you, TNT, or Time. I am using this as a springboard for my own thoughts on this.

No, Open's name and address is not so important and had I found it myself, I would be the last person to post the details on a public forum as I also am a stickler for people's privacy.

That said, what was very much relevant and would have been helpful to know way back 100's of posts ago was the knowledge that Open is a person in their 50s with, as far as I can tell (as perhaps my google fu is failing me?), no sort of association with a cult or criminal activity or mental health issues.

Druid made a dramatic set of two posts in which he posted that a group collaborated behind the scenes to discover Open's identity. His post included a definition of "delusion." Then the thread got moved to chit-chat and people started getting banned.

Can you see how all of those actions -- by ATS members, NOT by Open --- combined to create an environment of paranoia???

Y'all had me convinced that Oct282011 was one of the following:

1) Nothing more than a 4Chan troll. Now I am questioning that, as I find it unlikely that a 50 year old woman participates in 4Chan trolls. I *could* be wrong. It's just that what I know of 4Chan's demographics, that does not add up.

2) Being run by someone who was mentally unstable and delusional. That could still be the case, yes. And I recognize that Druid posted that definition not as an accusation, but in such a way as to allow us all to make up our own minds. Can you, however, see how his first saying that he knew Open's identity would imply that he had additional insider knowledge by which his conclusion was the only conclusion? If there is something more that we are missing here, please do share it.

Otherwise, I'm going to have to call y'all on a "foul" here... same foul as those who suggested Adraves had a criminal record.

3) Worst-case scenario: a known cultist who was deliberately manipulating everyone's minds, targeting those who were most vulnerable and fragile and easiest to manipulate. If this is the case, and this is why the thread got moved to chit-chat, please provide us with the evidence!

I value people's privacy as well, but I also have no room in my belief system for besmirching anyone's name and reputation unnecessarily. People are innocent until proven guilty.

The actions by members of this group have disappointed me.

p.s. Then you have Adrave's chat log that Open posted, don't even let me get started at that. (Waves at Adraves). Adraves' own actions on that chat log were highly questionable but so where those who were accusing him of having a criminal record, going after him and booting him off IRC, and making death threats. What was up with that? Then you have others creating a private forum which was in no way secure, apparently so they could talk about Adraves behind his back. Then you have keyloggers being installed and you have Open sending out emails to people who never provided their emails to Open....my head is spinning...

I want explanations --- but not just from Open. I want explanations from the members of ATS.

What explanations would you have me give, Sheba? I still don't know the reason behind the website...that reason is known only to Open...any other "reasons" are pure conjecture.

I stopped trying to inject reason many, many pages ago. Why? Because no one seemed to want to hear anything that might remotely be detrimental to Open and his/her...message.

This isn't the first thread that the identity of a webmaster was investigated and discovered. This isn't the first thread that any/all personally indentifiable information was deleted and/or kept cloaked for reasons of privacy.

Answers? I would love some also. Will we get them? I doubt it.

Peace

EDIT: The info that was posted has to do with whom the 409 phone number is registered to...that doesn't mean that the same person runs the website.
edit on 10/30/2011 by TNTarheel because: added edit

edit on 10/30/2011 by TNTarheel because: corrected grammar

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thank you for your response. What about the puzzles from the main page: oct282011.com... Anyone get any more ideas on this? Does not seem to have changed much.

If the puzzles have not been worked out yet, then how does anyone expect to work out the meaning of the website?

Maybe if people are given the answer they would not understand it anyway (it may not fit their level of expectation). Maybe answers have been given? And people have ignored what they are simply because they do not satisfy them.

Here is my conclusion from what I see...

The website surrounds the concept of thinking not of the material. Ok...so people want a material result however. Secondly, the concept of the date thing in relation with disaster was a brilliant one...

Think about it this way...A lot of people have a high expectation of certain events to happen on certain dates...correct? What this shows is that peoples' expectation should not dictate their mindset, for high expectation only deadens the drive when it comes to dissapointment in the outcome. (It shows that your thoughts do not dicate the whole of reality, only your own reality.)

Dates have different meanings for different people. Each person had their own vision of what it all means. In the end the date came and went and a lot could tell what it was that had been fulfilled, some had their personal experiences and separate meanings. (A date that was set by Open, to which all decided to take on as their own.) Lastly, no one's fears were fulfilled. Time and time again people fear the onslaught of disaster, and yet we are all still here to invent some new dates to determine our future.

No one was forced to follow the website, yet seem so truly dissapointed in the fact that the results do not validate the time they spent experiencing the website. This dissapointment comes from a mind that expects a lot, but values little in my opinion. What you 'expect' is what you get! If you expect dissapointment you will recieve it, if you expect growth you will see it. Your 'MIND' dictates your every move.

Life's a stage to which we all play a PART..

edit on 30-10-2011 by mmirror because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmirror
reply to post by Druid42

Thank you for your response. What about the puzzles from the main page: oct282011.com... Anyone get any more ideas on this? Does not seem to have changed much.

If the puzzles have not been worked out yet, then how does anyone expect to work out the meaning of the website?

Maybe if people are given the answer they would not understand it anyway (it may not fit their level of expectation). Maybe answers have been given? And people have ignored what they are simply because they do not satisfy them.

Here is my conclusion from what I see...

The website surrounds the concept of thinking not of the material. Ok...so people want a material result however. Secondly, the concept of the date thing in relation with disaster was a brilliant one...

Think about it this way...A lot of people have a high expectation of certain events to happen on certain dates...correct? What this shows is that peoples' expectation should not dictate their mindset, for high expectation only deadens the drive when it comes to dissapointment in the outcome. (It shows that your thoughts do not dicate the whole of reality, only your own reality.)

Dates have different meanings for different people. Each person had their own vision of what it all means. In the end the date came and went and a lot could tell what it was that had been fulfilled, some had their personal experiences and separate meanings. (A date that was set by Open, to which all decided to take on as their own.) Lastly, no one's fears were fulfilled. Time and time again people fear the onslaught of disaster, and yet we are all still here to invent some new dates to determine our future.

No one was forced to follow the website, yet seem so truly dissapointed in the fact that the results do not validate the time they spent experiencing the website. This dissapointment comes from a mind that expects a lot, but values little in my opinion. What you 'expect' is what you get! If you expect dissapointment you will recieve it, if you expect growth you will see it. Your 'MIND' dictates your every move.

Life's a stage to which we all play a PART of that game.

No one was forced to follow the website in the sense that there was no gun pointed in your head telling you to decipher the codes and what not. THERE WAS MALICIOUS INTENT HOWEVER...by filling a website with cryptic codes and a promise of a message to be given at a certain date...the maker of the site MANIPULATED THE PEOPLE. People gravitate towards answering the unknown, and the maker/s of the site knew that...fully aware that if they keep feeding the demand...they could prolong the mystery...to whatever end we could only conjecture.

You guys know what I mean...were all adults here. Stop making excuses for the site and its creator.

This thread was started...in my view...to decipher the site...nothing more and nothing less. Epic fail! Admit it. Some of you guys were played...BIG TIME.

Respect Y'all! Just keeping it real...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IQPREREQUISITE

lol...sounds like you are talking from your own dissapointment. What is it that you 'expected' from the whole thing? That there was some mystery behind it and that you would be given some hidden knowledge that would profoundly change your whole concept of reality? That would be something! lol.

It would be nieve to think that this website would have a result that would please everyone. Secondly Open said from the beginning that the website was focused around his own personal experience of reality, from an event that changed 'his' life. So from the beginning you were told that you were being shown his values and experiences, and not to dictate them as your own, but to explore another person's mind and concept of reality.

If you take all this on personally then you are going to be dissapointed...that I am certain! However in the end all things are part of life, even dissapointment...it is an experience, an outcome. Your dissapointment will also give valuable experience. All experiences bring about change...no matter from what angle.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

What explanations would you have me give, Sheba? I still don't know the reason behind the website...that reason is known only to Open...any other "reasons" are pure conjecture.

I didn't expect explanations from you, TNT; hence the preface of my post, saying that my questions were not directed at you. You have been the most steadfast and consistently ethical person on this thread, in words and in deeds.

EDIT: The info that was posted has to do with whom the 409 phone number is registered to...that doesn't mean that the same person runs the website.
edit on 10/30/2011 by TNTarheel because: added edit

edit on 10/30/2011 by TNTarheel because: corrected grammar

Right. That already occurred to me. Especially since the phone number isn't just any number.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mmirror

And now that he shared his reality we were more open about ourselves,our lives and our experiences i dont understand the true meaning of open's message but i know it can be understood on an emotional level i dont think i ever saw anyone this honest and willing to share their lives on the internet.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Molimo

Yes exactly...what you see is what you get...Molimo you see value in what you experience! You also see value in people. This is what this experience has given you. Knowing that there are good people out there who are willing to share their experiences with others, not just one's that are always out to destroy and dictate negatively. These are things you earlier feared...yet now you write differently.

However some people are never happy with the results...it would not matter what you say, they already made their mind up from the beginning and like glue they are sticking to it, for they want merely to prove their own point.

The MIND dictates the outcome. This is a perfect example!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mmirror

You misread me...I guess...that's why you misread Open as well.

I don't have any expectations from the site. From the start I already said to myself, "this is horsesh@t!" lol Ask Druid42...we had a lot of fun giving our two cents on the matter.

What I do have, however, is an expectation from ATS members and ATS. On a deeper level. I do have expectations on people in general. Whatever Open has to say...I really do not care. What his viewers and "followers"...their expectations, hopes and opinions...I care about. And if those are compromised...I'll start a war with him. And its gonna be epic! lol

If you know how to thin slice...you'd know where I'm getting at here...and if Open (they are a group...three people by my count) is the amateur I think he is...then he is going bananas reading this.

I'm the guy that if you say you're happy...I'll tell you its just your endorphins.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSilentwalker

Oh, no... you are out the door by now, and I missed it.

Pop in when you get back, if you have [linear] time. Most likely, we'll still be waiting for the big reveal by then.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mmirror

The mind does not dictate the outcome. Tell that to people with amnesia...dementia or alzheimer's.

From the start those people who were ready to doubt...doubted til the end whatever evidence you put forth before them to suggest otherwise.

From the start those people who were ready to believe...believed inspite of the evidence you put before them to suggest otherwise.

Get the point? : )

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmirror
reply to post by Molimo

Yes exactly...what you see is what you get...Molimo you see value in what you experience! You also see value in people. This is what this experience has given you. Knowing that there are good people out there who are willing to share their experiences with others, not just one's that are always out to destroy and dictate negatively. These are things you earlier feared...yet now you write differently.

However some people are never happy with the results...it would not matter what you say, they already made their mind up from the beginning and like glue they are sticking to it, for they want merely to prove their own point.

The MIND dictates the outcome. This is a perfect example!

Yes, you see what you want to see, and you are no different!

I came here with good intent, open mind, and I shared honestly and with trust. Then because i was *aware* and observing everything going on with an open mind that held no conditioned beliefs or expectations, I changed my attitude accordingly.

If Open comes clean and answers all our questions -- as he said he would -- then I may change my attitude yet again. But it's October 30 now and I'm not seeing it. First Agreement: Be Impeccable with Your Word. Open has failed on that.

I humbly submit that YOUR mind was made up from the beginning and you refuse to change it. Please consider it.

Or, you are trollin' trollin' trollin'...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IQPREREQUISITE

You can not tell me this has not affected you, and that you have no expectation of it...you just wrote your expecation of it all after you told me you had none...lol.

I think it is possible that you do not even know what you want...and if you got an answer I think it would never satisfy you anyway...seeing as you have already decided your own little master plan to save everyone from the evil website...lol.

This is a conspiracy site after all....lol...so you fit in.

Are you going to battle to save the day just like a super hero? What will you save people from? From their own expectation? From a website that has puzzles on it? lol...you are very entertaining!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mmirror

LOL from crazy people like you hehe...who always hides behind jests and quips coz he cant explain what the hell he's thinking or feeling...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I do not even know how to respond to you posts...sorry! They just do not make sense...however I agree with the one thing I understood from your words that I also have experienced the website...I am however also not dissapointed or expecting Open to respond...for what he says does not dicate what I do in my life, or what you say for that matter. If you wish to feel annoyed and hard done by than that is your thing.

I am merely sharing my opinion, in my own way...if you do not like it and come against me, then you are being the troll for not allowing anothers opinions.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Interesting backstage drama there, I was not aware that all of this was going on... the private forum, unwanted emails, threats... Oh my...

I only remember that Adraves got banned at some point, and that the identity related to the phone number was not being shared for obvious reasons.

Now and then, the witch hunt of who could be Open among us, looking at registration dates and all. The usual conspiracy mode.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mmirror

and im glad im entertaining you...i believe it was destined and it is my life's purpose that we meet in this internet website so that i can be of some amusement to you and your highly infallible intellect and persona.

i feel honored and blessed to have served you

: )

new topics

top topics

<< 836  837  838    840  841  842 >>

join