It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Creepy 10/28/11 Website Mystery

page: 746
<< 743  744  745    747  748  749 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Recap:

08/28 - ():11:00:00:00.006
10/01 - ():11:00:00:02.935
10/03 - ():11:00:07:26.384
10/07 - ():12:00:24:75.129

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by TNTarheel

I do vaguely understand the concept of lucid dreaming but I am never in control so I cannot lucid dream. To me its like being awake, no matter how weird it gets it is just "real" and I can exert no influence over it. Almost like watching a movie, if that makes sense. Even though I may be taking part in it, it plays itself out in front of my eyes and I cannot distinguish it from reality. I can't remember a mirror ever featuring in a single dream of mine either. Nightmares are still a regular thing too, although maybe that's just where I am in life right now, of which too much detail isn't good on a public forum. I try not to look to deeply into some things. Reality can be hard but I'm sure I deserve everything I get.

PS I still didn't quite get round to the cleaning yet either...
edit on 6/10/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added a PS

Referring to your previous post (dream journal), you know, there's an interesting saying going around:
"Tell me your dreams, and I'll tell you who you are".

Referring to this post on quote, TNT's reply is full of insight.
Sometimes (often) it is a very good thing not to try and look too deeply into certain things. Not because they're best left unknown or untouched, but simply because, sometimes, a pipe is just a pipe. Of course, you could look more into it and dive deep. The doors of perceptions are wonderful, and, like Fantastica (or Fantasia) have no boundaries.

That's how arts are so beautiful.
They're like a hologram. You can see it, but you cannot touch it. It is real —just as real as a dream, an experience, a nightmare, an hallucination, a brilliant idea—, but it's just not there.

Finally, reality is generally harsh. This is also a very simple thing. Simple as a flower, really…
There's a big gap between desires and concrete. Hologram and thick coat of make-up. Perhaps it's just a reflect in a mirror… Wonder and awe.
Acceptance is a deep matter. Not for the faint of heart.
But then again, if one quests for the Truth(*), one should handle the Truth(*).

Inlophi.

(*) replace with reality at will.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wayseer
I think we need to go back to lucid dreaming. That seems to be where everyone is stuck at the moment. I have mentioned several times how lucid dreaming is important to controlling and understanding your mind.

You could take that line of reasoning even farther. If you cannot control your unconscious mind in dreams, then when you die you may not be able to keep you mind/soul together. I know some who feel this way. I do not necessarily agree with the idea, but it is a different spin on it.

Either way, lucid dreaming is important. It is a signal that you are truly in control of your mind and thoughts and not just on autopilot. I mentioned metacognition earlier. Lucid dreaming is taking metacognition to the extreme. It is definitely thinking about thinking, or cognition about cognition. When you are lucid dreaming, you are in complete control of your mind. That ability will reflect in your waking mind as well.

@Silent. Yes we know حبيبي

edit on 6-10-2011 by Wayseer because: more

I did not know you dig my mother tongue, but maybe that's just a Google thing. However, wink at you for that.
Bright rabbit!

Your last paragraph here is what caught my synapses. True and then not.
You paint a too large brush, here. Abstract vs important detail. Metacognition/lucid dreaming/hypnogogia: indeed. However, don't even think (!) lucid dreaming brings you in complete control. That's dismissing instinct and unconscious a bit too easily.

Actually, if you would really think about it, it's like Aronofsky's body of work. Beautiful in every way and deep.
However, it is adapting reality to fit the plot. You could also say that for a lot of references that have been evoked here: I think about The Fountain. I think about Sunshine…
That is precisely why we have science and science-fiction.
We are THAT clever and full of knowledge.

But believing lucid dreaming brings you in "complete control of your mind" is a bit far fetched and silly. No offense meant.
Besides, if only because you've been bold enough to post that "Requiem for a Dream" video extract, I know you're understanding what I am saying here.

You're a very sharp and interesting fellow. Glad to meet you here, I must say.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200457
reply to post by Wayseer

well put. its not that hard to do a few reality checks a day

Apparently —just apparently—, it looks like it's a helluva job.
Don't get this the wrong way, but are you suggesting you're questioning your days up to the point you would feel the need to "check" whether they're real or just a dream? It's just a question.

On another hand, there are many doors between 200 and 800. Anyone could dive deep in it. yet there might be just 0ne door. If you catch my drift.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Updates to site:

Moved from (Deception) to (_)

():12:00:24:75.129

Are you starting to feel it?

Truth be told, that might be the worst finger job, ever.
edit on 7-10-2011 by TheSilentwalker because: Oh, and before anyone mentions it, yeah, I do speak from experience, indeed. S.I.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The real question is — when you're all alone in the dark, or comfortably numb under the blanket— :

Do you

really

want

IT

or

NOT

..?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Hey folks, nice to see old friends are still here and still diligently digging away!

I need to do a little catching up as I have been busy with work and guest, but I just ran across this and just had to post it up considering this is October and Pi has been a bit of a issue.

Also, if I recall correctly, somewhere along the line, the octopus came into play at some point. So, I just really couldn't resist!

eta: not to mention the music and octaves etc!
edit on 7/10/11 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
Hey folks, nice to see old friends are still here and still diligently digging away!

I need to do a little catching up as I have been busy with work and guest, but I just ran across this and just had to post it up considering this is October and Pi has been a bit of a issue.

Also, if I recall correctly, somewhere along the line, the octopus came into play at some point. So, I just really couldn't resist!

eta: not to mention the music and octaves etc!
edit on 7/10/11 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

Hello Sunshine!
Glad to see you back.

Very nice post. I'll just say this and you can change your keyboard afterwards:

There is a fine line between octopi and octopussi (for lack of better orthography). USS "Y". (that's also a ship name).

Rock 0n Kids!
edit on 7-10-2011 by TheSilentwalker because: typos

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Hmm… On second thought…
Is this a horny millipedes or what?

*Back to biology class...*

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSilentwalker

Not really I was just saying that that is what Open wants us to do. Do I really check everyday/even a few times a day? No, because its hard to remember because this is reality and there is no questioning that. As far as the 200-800 comment, not really sure what you meant by that, and for the finger job, well I'm sure sorry I couldn't please ya.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Not really I was just saying that that is what Open wants us to do. Do I really check everyday/even a few times a day? No, because its hard to remember because this is reality and there is no questioning that. As far as the 200-800 comment, not really sure what you meant by that, and for the finger job, well I'm sure sorry I couldn't please ya.

1) I just wonder (though out of awe — consider it a wink to miror) how you would, out of anyone, KNOW what "Open wants us to do"..? To me, this speaks as much as the next block kid saying he knows about what's in God's mind (and yes I did capitalize that one).

2) If you have no idea what I meant with the cheeky 200-800 analogy, maybe you'd like me to post some info publicly? Your call.

3) As for the finger job, that one made me laugh and thank you for it because you know what a sucker I am for humor. It just might take an ideal kid for me to reach that one.
That was just a friendly wink btw.
edit on 7-10-2011 by TheSilentwalker because: Rephrased "I am" for "i'm" in 3)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TNTarheel

You are right as usual, just like a woman!
I am my own worst critic but I always balance that with the thought that it is rightly so as I know myself better than anyone else. I am a bad man seeking to be a better one. Now I haven't started wars, molested children or sold my grandmother, but still there is much room for improvement.

And yes life should be enjoyed but it also has this nasty way of slapping you around when you least need it. I should be positive but it is hard as it is not my natural state of mind. At best I aim for content but often fail.

"There was no need to do any housework at all. After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse." ~Quentin Crisp,

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

This is where I differ from most people I suppose. Criticism, like charity, always begins at home. "Anger is a gift."

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

lol that post was so BRILLIANT in so many ways!
Keep it that way!
Really!

edit on 7-10-2011 by TheSilentwalker because: Quentin Crisp should be taught in college.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

This is where I differ from most people I suppose. Criticism, like charity, always begins at home. "Anger is a gift."

You do not differ that much
As for anger, it never was around. The shadows might not be the monster we think (/hope/fear/expect) them to be.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

That is actually quite cerebral. I can feel at least 4 of its tentacles squeezing the last vestiges of sanity out of my brain. (I can't do even simple maths) Well, I say brain, its more just a pointless organ firing synapses randomly at odd times but I try to maintain a certain level of control over it. Its a good job I was never in The Matrix. Level 10 Ju-Jitsu would have me kicking my own ass with one foot while still looking incredibly cool.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSilentwalker

1) I just wonder (though out of awe — consider it a wink to miror) how you would, out of anyone, KNOW what "Open wants us to do"..? To me, this speaks as much as the next block kid saying he knows about what's in God's mind (and yes I did capitalize that one).

2) If you have no idea what I meant with the cheeky 200-800 analogy, maybe you'd like me to post some info publicly? Your call.

3) As for the finger job, that one made me laugh and thank you for it because you know what a sucker I am for humor. It just might take an ideal kid for me to reach that one.
That was just a friendly wink btw.
edit on 7-10-2011 by TheSilentwalker because: Rephrased "I am" for "i'm" in 3)

It's hard to KNOW, but I CAN make judgements based upon implications and emails. As can you. Open is not god(lowercase).
edit on 7-10-2011 by 200457 because: Replaced it is for it's

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 200457

Open is not god — obviously.
Obvious-ly.

For the rest, you know where I stand.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Oh Silent, you have me giggling like a school girl over here!
edit on 7-10-2011 by 200457 because: the exclamation point makes it extra FUN!!!!1 just like the way you all love it

edit on 7-10-2011 by 200457 because: 0 w/, 100@

edit on 7-10-2011 by 200457 because: will you catch it? maybe! just like you caught me out LOL!!! not gracing me w/pm back? so sad

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 200457

As long as you don't wet your panties, I think we are all safe!

ps. you wanna love your self more instead of by procuration. Public mirror can only be a castle in Spain. If you catch my drift... Then you would end up not making the long face despite all "!".

edit on 7-10-2011 by TheSilentwalker because: added ps.

top topics

<< 743  744  745    747  748  749 >>

join