It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Creepy 10/28/11 Website Mystery

page: 513
<< 510  511  512    514  515  516 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sheba2011

The Pi movie... glad I had some patience and took the time.

eta: That was the readers digest condensed version! I took the time, perhaps you need to as well. I found the time in my busy day because I wanted to....It is what I chose to do.
edit on 13/9/11 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hey guys anything new what's the score

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman

The Pi movie... glad I had some patience and took the time.

eta: That was the readers digest condensed version! I took the time, perhaps you need to as well. I found the time in my busy day because I wanted to....It is what I chose to do.
edit on 13/9/11 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

I hear you loud and clear and that is my normal operating procedure but I am the one keeping roof over our head and this week I have to do the job they pay me to do (deadlines, blah blah). I've got a job I can do in about 8 hours a week, the rest of the week I can make time to smell the daisies and watch movies and read. But sometimes the job requires full 40 hours or even more and I gotta do what I gotta do. (Can't wait to live in society in which people don't have to work for money but can just work for passion).

Yeah, could probably find time right now but my brain is way too fried to give justice to any more than a 10 minute (max) video on youtube.

Excuses excuses

And I'm just tired. I know myself well enough if I pop in a movie or turn on the t.v., I will be fast asleep within 15 minutes. But if I stay up, this next hour or two will be my best writing/journaling time. All kinds of interesting blathering comes out of my head at night. Some of it makes it on to the internet... most of it makes it into my journal.

(That was blather, possibly not all that interesting).

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
One is this something that you are referring to in your post? A lot of things being shown here, coincide with this website.

www.nvisible.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Oh.. and since this is now in the chit chat section I CAN blather, right?

Some of us have zero patience for videos. I do like movies, really I do. But most videos on youtube, for example, just don't move fast enough for me and I'd far rather read a transcript because I read fast, fast fast.. Type fast too..

I would far rather read (or write) a novel than watch a movie. I'm the type who always thinks the movie is never ever as good as the book. It's always a disappointment.

Of course if it's a movie first then they make it a book.. nearly always the movie is better. Hmmm. That must be profound, or something.

(This is the blathering portion -- at least I'm not making lists.)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Nice find while re-reading the Law of One...

"RA: In your space/time you and your peoples are the parents of that which is in
the womb. The Earth, as you call it, is ready to be born and the delivery is not
going smoothly. When this entity (Earth) has become born, it will be instinct with
the social memory complex of its parents which have become 4th density positive."

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheba2011

Some of us have zero patience for videos. I do like movies, really I do. But most videos on youtube, for example, just don't move fast enough for me and I'd far rather read a transcript because I read fast, fast fast.. Type fast too..

I would far rather read (or write) a novel than watch a movie. I'm the type who always thinks the movie is never ever as good as the book. It's always a disappointment.

Of course if it's a movie first then they make it a book.. nearly always the movie is better. Hmmm. That must be profound, or something.

Yes maam, you may blather away. You don't even have to stay on topic anymore.

I also am a reader. I often devour a whole book in one sitting. May I ask who your favorite author is?

You also have good grammar, which is also a plus. It denotes an intelligent mind. In fact, I've found several of your insights interesting, to say the least.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

I also am a reader. I often devour a whole book in one sitting. May I ask who your favorite author is?

You also have good grammar, which is also a plus. It denotes an intelligent mind. In fact, I've found several of your insights interesting, to say the least.

Why thank you Druid, and I appreciate you are not holding a grudge towards me because of my post last night to you. My grammar is better when I have to be careful; on internet forums and journaling I don't need to be. The writer can't write if the writer constantly has an editor criticizing in its head.

I can't say I have a favorite author. I have too many, and too many favorite books. And it changes all the time depending on where I am in life. Certain books have stuck with me, certain books I want and do re-read every 10 years or so (any more frequently is too frequent), but all in all no favorites.

I just love stories. LOVE them. Stories are archetypes. That's why when you go down the New Age/Buddha/Zen route and they tell you to let go of your stories... I get stuck. Really stuck. Because I'm all about the story. I say stories are just fine, if they are fabulous and exciting and gripping and have an awesome plot and lesson. And if you know you are the reader. Maybe yes the writer too. But what I mean is --- you know you can step out of the story at any time. Or rewrite a different ending.

Stories aren't always bad. Stories, in fact, are exactly what sets apart humans from all other life forms on this earth. We are the only living creatures that tell stories.

If you are going to tell a story, make it a good one. With happy ending, preferably.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Oops... not yet
edit on 13-9-2011 by ReAdY2AsCeNd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReAdY2AsCeNd
Can someone please tell me how to take a screen shot? I have something BIG to share with everyone!

There should be a key on your keyboard that says "prtsc", or something to that effect, usually above the function keys. Hit it once. That captures your screen into a memory buffer. Open up Paint, click file, new, and when you see the blank screen, hit "ctrl-v" for paste. Voila. Out of memory, and into your paint. Please remember, you can only capture 1 screen at a time. Hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Why thank you Druid, and I appreciate you are not holding a grudge towards me because of my post last night to you. My grammar is better when I have to be careful; on internet forums and journaling I don't need to be. The writer can't write if the writer constantly has an editor criticizing in its head.

I can't say I have a favorite author. I have too many, and too many favorite books. And it changes all the time depending on where I am in life. Certain books have stuck with me, certain books I want and do re-read every 10 years or so (any more frequently is too frequent), but all in all no favorites.

I just love stories. LOVE them. Stories are archetypes. That's why when you go down the New Age/Buddha/Zen route and they tell you to let go of your stories... I get stuck. Really stuck. Because I'm all about the story. I say stories are just fine, if they are fabulous and exciting and gripping and have an awesome plot and lesson. And if you know you are the reader. Maybe yes the writer too. But what I mean is --- you know you can step out of the story at any time. Or rewrite a different ending.

Stories aren't always bad. Stories, in fact, are exactly what sets apart humans from all other life forms on this earth. We are the only living creatures that tell stories.

If you are going to tell a story, make it a good one. With happy ending, preferably.

I don't hold grudges usually. You have to have multiple intentional attempts at disrespect before I even get upset.

I've read so many books, too, that I can't say I have a favorite either. I could make up a Top Ten list if I reeeeeally thought about it. Reading feeds your mind, and settles your soul, allowing you to picture different worlds and realities that don't exist here.

I also found Zen Buddhism to be challenging. I read a book once called "The Zen of Fatherhood." Very enlightening. One of my favorites quotes from that book was "If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him." I translate that as, "If you ever find Buddha while traveling thru life, it is not Buddha, as Buddha is within."

Then again, I am a Pagan now, not a Zen buddhist.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by organdonor
WOW! I think I accidentaly found out what Open is trying to tell us about....!this new thread popped up in ATF forum with a four part video!the problem is I think Open is off by a year,this is supposed to happen september and october 2012!

check the 4/4 part of the video from 0:45 an on and you will be able to recognize the exercises of the manual (bare in mind that this blocke says it is dangerous)

here is the link to the thread! www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think this guy is absolutely right, the first video he was talking about is now on Open's page.

Eeeenteresting.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
so this is now in the source of the countdown page

-Don't fall to deep into the title !

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
so this is now in the source of the countdown page

-Don't fall to deep into the title !

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I don't hold grudges usually. You have to have multiple intentional attempts at disrespect before I even get upset.

I also don't hold grudges. But I do believe in "right action" which means that I do not have to be all peace positive lamb and light 100% of the time. Even Jesus had a cranky side. I still think your signature is wrong, which got me cranky. Maybe you were being ironic. Unfortunately not everyone understands irony.

I've read so many books, too, that I can't say I have a favorite either. I could make up a Top Ten list if I reeeeeally thought about it. Reading feeds your mind, and settles your soul, allowing you to picture different worlds and realities that don't exist here.

Have you watched The Nines yet? I only read the Wikipedia description and I am now really wanting to watch it. It's between that, and Pi. What if some of us are frustrated writers who are insecure about what we are writing so we keep re-writing over and over again to get it just "perfect" before sending it to the publisher? Then what if the writer got sucked into their own story and forgot they were writing it and all the crumpled drafts left all over the floor? I suppose it all boils down to the writer wanting the ultimate happy ending and getting frustrated with endless revisions and also getting all wrapped up in the various plot forks and minor characters that come alive on that page you have to crumble. And also there's the ... who wants the story to end?? I am sure you must have felt that yourself, as a reader. Such a disappointment when an engrossing story comes to the end. No matter how wonderfully it closes. You crave the sequel even though you know from experience that the sequel is just never as good...

I also found Zen Buddhism to be challenging. I read a book once called "The Zen of Fatherhood." Very enlightening. One of my favorites quotes from that book was "If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him." I translate that as, "If you ever find Buddha while traveling thru life, it is not Buddha, as Buddha is within."

Yes, yes, totally agree with this Koan. Though admittedly the older you get the sadder and lonelier it gets, because you do crave the guidance of someone wiser. Everyone wants if not a teacher, a parent, no? It's scary when you realize they are all looking up to you for guidance. This is why I will never go any farther in my career. I made that decision awhile ago. Who wants that responsibility?

Then again, I am a Pagan now, not a Zen buddhist.

So what made you shift to Paganism? That is interesting to me. What is your ethnic background, if I may ask?

Christianity chose me -- I did not choose it. Would not have chosen it, to tell the truth. I have studied all religions during my lifetime, find worth in all of them, chose my own course. Then Christianity came back and chose me despite what I would want. It's like a ... nuisance and (not to offend anyone) an embarrassment to me. Ugh. But it is not letting me go, so I study it deeper and deeper.
edit on 13-9-2011 by sheba2011 because: fixed quoting for readability

edit on 13-9-2011 by sheba2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

You got a message. 3.14 = moon

Symbolism of the moon:

www.whats-your-sign.com...

Sheba2011,

I know you weren't speaking to me, but I would like to ask you about your response on page 508 to avatar22.

Could you please explain to me how the moon = 3.14 ?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
"Meditate on VOIDNESS - NO-I, NO-YOU, NO-ME, NO-SELF, NO-GOD, NO-WORLD, NO-EXISTENCE, NO NON-EXISTENCE, NO AFTERLIFE, NO PRE-LIFE, NO REINCARNATION..... let every concept DIE and cease to exist."

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I am Caucasian, and as you, was forced into christian beliefs by my step-mother, which in turn, after memorizing large portions of the KJV, caused me to search for something better. I've studied every major world religion, and rejected them all. I began to believe in the religion that hadn't been invented yet, one which encompassed all the best qualities of each, while leaving out the inconsistencies. Realizing that was a futile attempt, I decided upon the oldest and simplest form of belief, being a heathen. A heathen (a pagan), by definition, is one who doesn't believe. Paganism has several different branches, amongst which are wiccans, satanists, druids, bards, ovates, and so on, but we are not bound but any strict dogma. We each follow our own path, choose to harm noone, and realize that our interactions with others may have a negative impact, so we tailor our lives accordingly. We tend to be more in tune with nature, our inner selves, and listen more than we speak. Our speech itself affects the reality around, and in doing so, carefully choose what we say.

Most of the time anyway, as that's just the basics. It's a fulfilling paradigm to experience.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by laeus

You got a message. 3.14 = moon

Symbolism of the moon:

www.whats-your-sign.com...

Sheba2011,

I know you weren't speaking to me, but I would like to ask you about your response on page 508 to avatar22.

Could you please explain to me how the moon = 3.14 ?

I read it as the pi equals the moon. Moon symbolism -- the yin, the feminine principle. Return of the Goddess.

One might also read that as saying that she is being told she is pi, a goddess herself (one of many about to blossom). But that all depends on what was in her head/heart when she saw the message. I find that when you get these signs, you usually had something in your mind you were asking, and you also have an immediate general knowing what the answer means.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cingularity
"Meditate on VOIDNESS - NO-I, NO-YOU, NO-ME, NO-SELF, NO-GOD, NO-WORLD, NO-EXISTENCE, NO NON-EXISTENCE, NO AFTERLIFE, NO PRE-LIFE, NO REINCARNATION..... let every concept DIE and cease to exist."

Was that on the site?

Eek. A no-selfer.

Well, if that's the case, hope the no-selfer enjoys the experience, then figures it out. BTDT. It's just a stop on the way.

new topics

top topics

<< 510  511  512    514  515  516 >>

join