It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Creepy 10/28/11 Website Mystery

page: 428
<< 425  426  427    429  430  431 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by snewpers
reply to post by Druid42

The DAY crew, are you even serious? You still
think this has an end? You don't understand that
the riddles on the website are actually constructed
because of what you say? There were coordinates
in the woods, safecodes, music, video's and all
kinds of other stuff. Yet, they seem useless as
noone even mentiones them anymore.

You ask 'open' for little orbs on the website, if one
of your many hunches is correct. Whet's next? An
eight-ball and pair of cues? Rack 'm up.

The only people keeping the site alive are the ones
that dwell on this.

@Adraves: Thanks!

edit on 10-9-2011 by snewpers because: meh

The part about the forgotten/useless clues bugs me too. Unless they emerge later on as a connection dot, to elaborate further thinking on the new one.

The fact that the website updates as we talk about it, I don't mind at all.
Having an interactive modality does not mean that there is not a final concept/idea at the end.
The new added clues steer the discussion, like water moves within the river bed. It moves and bends, but follows a path nonetheless.

Had it been a fixed puzzle where you move in a linear fashion from clue A ----> clue Z ----> solution X
I think it would have been much less inspiring.

A live interaction, where the discussion shapes the modalities in which the next clues will be delivered, is more inspiring.
A spiral, rather than a straight line. The participants are part of it in a positive way, adding their sparks. It's not a dead game.

It also shows at the experiential level that the the one(s) holding the clue, and the one(s) seeking the solution to the clue, are intertwined. They tap from the same stream of thought.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by vatel

Mind if I ask what page you found that code on?

You just made me consider that this whole thing could be a way to build traffic to the domain so at some point to can be relaunched as a regular website with a "built-in" audience. (and I will admit, online marketing in my "thing")

It could be that the person has info to share, just trying to build numbers for the big reveal. Just my thoughts.

OiO

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Things end up magically found by the following users:

Suspects:
cingularity
CunninGStuntS
Druid42
Ivanova-post banned
killuminatiXIII
LightSpeedDriver
Molimo
Patefacio
ReAdY2AsCeNd
sheba2011
snewpers
thislifetimeismine
TripleSalCal

PS~I don't like digging up old posts either,

Uh... I haven't found a dang thing. You did not follow my posts very closely, if you believe that to be the case. Not for lack of trying, mind you. I have tried at least a hundred, 200 hundred different words and numbers in that safe and not a single one worked. I did list some of them out in my posts.

That said I have expounded on what I think the clues that have been found might mean. Because all of them are things that I have been focused on learning about all on my own --- for the past year. Long before this game began.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Adraves have you checked some of the banned members and the registration dates of the new members

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheba2011

I am angry because I wanted a puzzle to solve and not contribute to the construction of a website.

Gentle suggestion: you are angry because you think you've solved the puzzle, and it's bumming you out to think there's nothing left to solve.

You don't want the game to end-- you love the game! You love it more than sleep. Which, you really need. Please consider that your sleep deprivation is causing cognitive dysfunction. Go to bed and come back in 8 hours or so, and see if you still think we are all suspects.

en.wikipedia.org...

Sadly no. I am angry because that site and this thread and those users seem to be jerking our chain. Who is going to go back and read all the posts that led to my little list? At this point it goes to me dredging up old posts, which I don't want to do, and neither do users.

So I will just keep my list. I will also keep being upset with the october site. If we are one, then you should know why I am upset...

Suspects:
cingularity
CunninGStuntS
Druid42
Ivanova-post banned
KBilly
killuminatiXIII
LightSpeedDriver
Molimo
Patefacio
ReAdY2AsCeNd
sheba2011
snewpers
thislifetimeismine
TripleSalCal
vatel

edit on 10-9-2011 by adraves because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by vatel

Open didn't add webkit, that's what Google dev tools are built from - webkit inspector.

None of that is the pure HTML source code of the web page - you've actually got to the point where you are inspecting the source code of the dev tools window, which is inspecting the source code/element on the original web page -

i.e. you are now inspecting the source code of Google Chrome's Developer tools - you're going down your own rabbit hole.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by snewpers
reply to post by buddhatrance

I've said that MANY pages ago (at least a 100 pages!),
and only a few gave a reply. They are probably too
'focussed' on this thing to see anything else.

I usualy leave a thread when religion kicks in but I
stopped participating in this one because of the sheer
blindness of some sheeple.

Yes, I remember that.

Personally, I always enjoy your contributions, because you are skeptical in an intelligent way.
This is needed to create balance. I have even silently agreed with you on some points (gave you stars).

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

go to oct282011.com... right click in the blanc, inspect element, scroll down to last style element, inspect again ...
edit on 10-9-2011 by vatel because: ats doesnt allow some html

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
*snip*
edit on 10-9-2011 by adraves because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by vatel
reply to post by OneisOne

go to oct282011.com... right click in the blanc, inspect element, scroll down to last style element, inspect again ...
edit on 10-9-2011 by vatel because: ats doesnt allow some html

Vatel, are we still on with the stego/decrypting idea?
Don't want to waste time doing it, if it's obsolete... downloading iSteg right now...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
ADRAVES, that WAS posted back on page 426.

Did you say you've been browsing on here for 24hrs (straight!??), if so, maybe you should go and get some rest?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by vatel

You just made me consider that this whole thing could be a way to build traffic to the domain so at some point to can be relaunched as a regular website with a "built-in" audience. (and I will admit, online marketing in my "thing")

It could be that the person has info to share, just trying to build numbers for the big reveal. Just my thoughts.

OiO

Full disclosure: I'm in marketing. My very first thought when I found all this was "what a clever social media marketing strategy to promote an upcoming movie release."

I have not ruled that out, it just doesn't bother me all that much, if that's all it turns out to be in the end.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Sadly no. I am angry because that site and this thread and those users seem to be jerking our chain.

I learned a valuable bit of wisdom years ago: nobody can jerk your chain if you are not holding the other end of it. It's always within your power to let go and walk away.

I'm freely holding the end of Open's chain because I choose to do so.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Back to task at hand, the first photo on the main site, the new one. The ripples in the pond. When I first saw that this morning, I thought I saw faces in the middle of it. Two faces turned towards each other. Like the twins.jpg? Or that is what I want to see.

Anyone else?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I was curious about pfiny. Here's a twitter account that has no tweets yet:

twitter.com...#!/fpiny

I'm not on twitter. Anyway we can figure out when this account was created?

Okay and this may be a total leap, but the 100th monkey article says it was originally the idea of Japanese scientists. And that twitter account name is in Japanese. It translates to "Nakao Snow." If you pop that term into google this article comes up... not the first link...

niceartlife.com...

Anyway probably not connected but that article is a good read.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Full disclosure: I'm in marketing. My very first thought when I found all this was "what a clever social media marketing strategy to promote an upcoming movie release."

www.moviefone.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sheba2011

I dunno why people are arguing about this. It's simply an ARG. It is very obvious that the users on this board and others are being monitored. Present a very obscure, apparent puzzle (which is actually meaningless), and let everyone go nuts over it. The threads are monitored and the 'puzzle' is conceptualized according to the threads of thought generated by people ruminating on inscrutable images and 'esoteric'/meaningless text. These give fruit to 'hints' and eventually the 'solution'. The 'puzzles', 'hints', and 'solutions' are directly controlled and created by the players.

This fact aside. The point is to generate interest in the site and maintain and build a huge community, rather than to disseminate any information. People should be chasing down the trail-heads: IE people who claim to have "just found this weird site the other day...". How did you find this site? Who are you? The only reason the one poster is suspecting some people is because they are unintentionally fueling the machine. They ARE responsible but unaware of it and think they are 'figuring it out'. This is rewarding for them and all those involved who think we are 'figuring it out' when it is really just letting everyone else make it up as we go.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by vatel

OiO

I have not ruled that out, it just doesn't bother me all that much, if that's all it turns out to be in the end.

Ah, yes. You did post a reply to me with that thought. Sorry I did not respond, I was traveling all day yesterday.

If it is for a movie, they have done a bad job reach wise. The 8/3 site did a much better job in that respect. If this was intended for the masses, the layout should have been slicker & less messy. People don't mind codes & puzzles, they actually enjoy them, but there has to be a reason for doing it. Many out there would spend hours doing this sort of thing for a free burger, not to learn "we are all one". These days people prefer to get their enlightenment when they seek it. (Which seems to be fewer & fewer, most people I know are just happy to be spoon feed their beliefs. That's why I'm on ATS, I question everything and want to know more)

The only thing that would upset me about all this is that, it was stated this is not for internet marketing. If it is, then that was a lie. While many might find inspiration in what they are learning and the members they have met, they have still been lied to. That troubles me. People that lie to get others to follow them are just attention seekers and enjoy playing with the followers.

I am in no way saying people shouldn't continue or putting down what so many here have learned. I just hope that this "open" doesn't turn into a messiah. It has been clear to me many here already "know" the things posted, they are just realizing it. For that the website should be given some credit, but it should stop there.

BTW sheba2011, are you familiar with the work The Temple of Man? If not I think you might enjoy it.

OiO

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grower
I did a search and didn't find a darn thing posted about this yet, so very sorry if it's a repost!:

oct282011.com...

Even though it turned out to be a major bummer, everyone seemed to have a lot of fun with the 8/3/11. Seriously doubt this one has anything to do with that one, though.

edit on 10-9-2011 by alien because: (no reason given)

Why was the original post on this thread edited? Today? by an Alien?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 425  426  427    429  430  431 >>

join