It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Creepy 10/28/11 Website Mystery

page: 405
<< 402  403  404    406  407  408 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Patefacio

When is Step Six?
And are there anymore hints to be added or is that the whole 'list'?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by johnwilkesbooth

Hi John,

We solved this a few days ago. It was decoded to 9351.

The underscore symbol stands for square root.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Here is 1/0...

puresilence.org...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnwilkesbooth
/||\/||||\\| ///\\\_ /\\(\\)| /\|/

I doubt that'll paste right. but regarding the second slash formula:

me and my girlfriend believe that the _ is a division sign. where the first half of it gets divided by the second half of it. if that was true, what would the backslash-forward slash be? the section that looks like a V? because ^ is multiplication, V would be division.

So is the underscore separating it into two pieces or is it division?

There's been three operands so far, forward slash followed by pipes is addition. Pipes followed by forward slashes is subtraction. Forward slashes followed by backslashes is multiplication. Division has never been defined in the code, I believe. We are also missing squaring, which my theory is, is denoted by the brackets. Earlier, Avatar thought the underline was square root, but it didn't add up to anything other than common knowledge. The code at the bottom where the asterisks are, denotes the third "key", as the first three keys are labeled in the source code. (Yeah, I'm not even gonna try to post the characters, easier to spell them out. :lol

Since six Major functions of basic mathematics are addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and squaring and rooting numbers, I kinda like your idea of the underline being division, and I am favoring the theory of the brackets being the squaring function. Any thoughts from the math people out there?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotms
This is probably not relevant but I am sharing before I have to leave the thread again - getting dragged out to the pub. Oh the trauma. LOL
It may mean more to our code breakers than me.

I mentioned that I think the code is LEET or 1337. Well~

Pi * 1337% = 42

Here is an explanation that makes a tiny bit of sense. With emphasis on the word tiny!!!!

π% = π/100
π/100 times 1337 is approximately 42 (it's accurate to 4 significant figures)
1337 Is leetspeak for leet which is short for elite.
42 is the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life the Universe and Everything.

Brilliant thinking.
I just tried, both leet.html and 1337.html give a ghost page... for now... never know, it may change later on.
Regardless, getting a multiplier that takes pi to 42 is a wow from me.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stonedlion

Thanks man, that saved me and my girl plenty of time. Haha, I wish you never told us though, i liked that she got into it for a bit. but now my girlfriend isn't involved and she thinks differently than me. It's good to have different perspectives on this sort of things.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonedlion
reply to post by johnwilkesbooth

Hi John,

We solved this a few days ago. It was decoded to 9351.

The underscore symbol stands for square root.

Do you remember the link to that breakthrough?

And, if so, the brackets mean?

Are we still missing division and squaring functions?

edit on 9/8/11 by Druid42 because: added txt.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
When I read Hidden Hand's thread here six months ago I realized that I was able to love and forgive the Elites. Since then I started feeling pressure in my forehead, always there now. Then I read The Law of One and I'm awake now.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

/||\/||||\\| ///\\\_ /\\(\\)| /\|/

I doubt that'll paste right. but regarding the second slash formula:

me and my girlfriend believe that the _ is a division sign. where the first half of it gets divided by the second half of it. if that was true, what would the backslash-forward slash be? the section that looks like a V? because ^ is multiplication, V would be division.

So is the underscore separating it into two pieces or is it division?

There's been three operands so far, forward slash followed by pipes is addition. Pipes followed by forward slashes is subtraction. Forward slashes followed by backslashes is multiplication. Division has never been defined in the code, I believe. We are also missing squaring, which my theory is, is denoted by the brackets. Earlier, Avatar thought the underline was square root, but it didn't add up to anything other than common knowledge. The code at the bottom where the asterisks are, denotes the third "key", as the first three keys are labeled in the source code. (Yeah, I'm not even gonna try to post the characters, easier to spell them out. :lol

Since six Major functions of basic mathematics are addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and squaring and rooting numbers, I kinda like your idea of the underline being division, and I am favoring the theory of the brackets being the squaring function. Any thoughts from the math people out there?

The whole reason we did it was to see what the safe code was. But someone explained that someone else already solved it. So that's a bust. But I was thinking of basic PEMDAS (parenthesis, exponents, mult., division, add., and subtraction) in solving it. I figured if /\ is mult. than \/ has to be division right? I mean, if /| is addition then |/ is subtraction. So V could be division. Idk, the whole slashes situation is mind-boggling.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Druid, it's on the wiki:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patefacio
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

The hints are right before your eyes

Plane site.

Most beautiful words in English.

I totally need to get some sleep BUT just now in my before-bed shower.. "No Words" came to me.

Except that didn't work. More ghosting. (I did clear my browser but was only willing to part with last 4 hours... at my age, I rely on browser history to supplement my brain).

I did try 911, and variations but once again, I suspect I am having browser issue, if anyone wants to try those. Plane fits 911. The movie by that title is about 911 too.

Going to bed...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Druid42

Druid, it's on the wiki:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The second code?

The logic behind underline being division?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Oh, my girlfriend just figured that the underline was division because you put one part of a number above a line when you want to divide it. I.e. 2/4= .5 You know. So we figured if one half added up to say 9042 then there was a _ and there was 1234. It could be:

____

Mind you, they were example numbers. But I thought it made sense, but someone said it was square root.

On a side note, is there an answer to: //||(//\_[\]) ?
edit on 8-9-2011 by johnwilkesbooth because: typo

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I can't figure out how to get the first part of the second slash code to equal 9.

/||\/||||\\|

1+2+(1/1)...

It's the last part ||||\\| which I'm having trouble decoding.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Move forward:

oct282011.com...**44.html

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hidden in plane site?

The music that is playing is in 432Hz or 440Hz?

Anyway to find out?

googled PLANE SITE and came to this page...www.frequency.com...

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

/\\(\\)|
(1 x (2^2)) + 1 = 5

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JourPolaire

/||\/||||\\|

1+2+(1/1)... = 9

///\\\_
√(3*3) = 3

/\\(\\)|
1*2 (2) + 1 = 5

/\|/
1*1 + 1-1 = 1
edit on 9/8/2011 by stonedlion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cingularity

If that's the case, it's about opening your Third Eye.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stonedlion

parenthesis in math is mult.

so it'd be 1+2(2)+1

and that'd be 3(2)+1, which goes to: 6+1 which is obviously 7. So seven, which I believe has appeared multiple times on the site.

top topics

<< 402  403  404    406  407  408 >>

join