It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Creepy 10/28/11 Website Mystery

page: 360
<< 357  358  359    361  362  363 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonedlion

Originally posted by Druid42

I just added a new section to the wiki called Dreams and Experiences. If think if you've shared or have a dream or a special experience since this whole thing began we should put them all in one place. Maybe we'll see a pattern or message emerge.
edit on 9/5/2011 by stonedlion because: (no reason given)

That is excellent insight. Weren't you the one who asked for the wiki in the first place? Are you really Open? LMAOROTF.

You get the joke. I have been accused of being Open as well. It's called the /herd/ mentality, where everyone does as everyone else does. It's been programmed into us our whole lives, a programming where it's /wrong/ to question anything.

Thanks for the work you've done on the wiki.

There are many who have dreams, and manual 2 will help them remember them, as it's all about focusing your mind, instead of letting it aimlessly wander. I think you're right, once enough people post their dreams, we will see a pattern.

Thank you, I did make the suggestion to Open, of course I can't take sole credit for the wiki's creation though. I just believe that the wiki will make us a more efficient community. They're an effective tool for the kind of collaboration we need. Rather than relying on fragmented content distributed throughout ecosystem the wiki provides a centralize and community-driven repository.

Would you mind sharing your thoughts on what Manual #2 is and how to use it?

At your request, I will share my thoughts:

Long before I joined ATS, I decided the path I would follow in life. That decision required years of research, years of contemplating, and then a decision. I am currently 43 in this life.

Manual #2 is an exercise in practicing meditation. It's the most basic explanation he could give. As you can see, we were on step one for the longest time, and now we are on step four.

Why do people even want to meditate? Aren't their lives fulfilling enough already? Or maybe, perhaps, there are those who want to learn more? Maybe there are those who don't accept the explanation for this current version of reality, but don't know how to change it?

There are literally hundreds of meditation techniques. Some work for some, others invent others. The list grows. There is no one /right/ method.

The point is, and I will stick to Open's method in this explanation, when you are going to sleep, you are relinquishing your conscious mind. In reality, your brain never stops working. On lower levels, it handles functions like breathing and heartbeats. When you go to bed, your brain doesn't shut down, your body does. Your brain /ALWAYS/ functions, and the state that Open is talking is the point in which we have the ability to consciously affect a different state. Open's point is that there is the ability to capture that state in between consciousness and sleep, when the body is no longer active, and utilize it for something more. Can we train our minds? Ponder that, then respond.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Try Herereply to post by stonedlion

See if that works.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nuttyX

It does indeed. I'll give it a read, appreciate it bud.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

reply to post by ReAdY2AsCeNd

Open currently has the music programmed to loop. It's 2 minutes and 8 seconds in length so load the page and see if the music player for more than that. If so you're good to go, if no we can figure something else out for you.

Also, would you mind sharing your thoughts on what Manual #2 is and how it's supposed to work? I know I've been asking everyone the same thing today, but I just want to see the various opinions people have so far.

I am so sorry but I don't understand what you said about the loop. I think it plays for me for the 2 min 8 sec that you speak of. I was wondering if there was a way to make it play constantly without stopping. Please forgive my ignorance. This is twice I have blushed today. lol

I think that it is those - myself included, tried to get my friend to do it but she couldn't stop laughing and I saw no point in trying to make her if she wasn't comfortable. That goes against everything that I stand for. So I think it is a way for us solo fliers - to find our center and learn to use our powers that our mind possess. We have them - we have just forgot how to use them.

I have stated since I joined this thread - that I have never felt like I belonged anywhere. That included growing up and being made to go to church. I detested it. I knew there was something bigger - because no one could provide me with the answers that I had been seeking. I searched high and low and never could find that feeling I was looking for. Where you just know that you know. Kinda like the light bulb over the head thingy.

So some years back I was lead to meditation and other things to help me with something - that I was going through - of my own doing - to help me find comfort. It was here I realized what I had been searching for. The real understanding of ME - which is really you - which is really everyone. Does that make sense?

I have always been a conspiracy theorist and that part of me led me here. I wasn't as balanced as I thought I was until I found this thread and joined. I know I am close to finding that inner self and exploring it as far as I can take it.

Sorry if this sounds like utter babble...
It is the best I can come up with - since my eyes feel like sandpaper. lol
Hope it helps anyway.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

The point between awake and asleep is, as understand it, the point that most try to acheive through meditation. Through meditation the goal is to control it. And use it. When it happens naturally on the way to sleep we usually just pass through it without noticing and without accessing that which it allows us. It is also this state that fear can affect us the most, the falling dreams . . . the paralyzed dreams/wakenings . . . . it is this state in which those happen. This state is usually fleeting. Holding on to it and utilizing it is difficult.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Druid you said that so much better than I. Thank you for reading my thoughts and putting them into words. I didn't check my post and just saw it makes no sense at all. I had the thought but you summed it up for me.

I so need sleep...

G'nite all. I has been an honor to read all of your thoughts. I have much to reflect on.

Keep the train rolling friends.

warm huggies...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Have you ever read Siddartha (sp?)? I reccomend it. It is supposedly the story of Buddha. He was born a brahmin (religious leader) but that didn't answer his questions . . . He sought more . . . found more religions . . . all left him wanting . . . till he thought for himself. . . . Long story short.. . .It's not about what you're taught. . . it's about what you learn along the way in spite of what you're taught. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209

Originally posted by Druid42

Originally posted by aaron2209
I think this sums up what we are dealing with quite well.

It did for me anyway.

www.pharrah13.com...

Good for you!

Now you can move along in your life feeling satisfied and complete. The rest of us aren't willing to pay $19.95 for an /easy/ solution. The rest of us will explore the possibilities.

Wow, way to completely change my perception of you Druid.

I in no way was saying Open was selling anything. I meant the thinking/message is along the same lines.

Stop trying to control this thing and shooting people down before even putting the effort in to clarify what they are saying. On one hand you preach that nobodies opinion is worth less than anyone elses, then you go and pull this on me. You even stated earlier that personally you would like me to continue to contribute. Obviously that means as long as I agree with you.

I am definitely done with this thread now. I won't be even bothering to lurk. Sick of the egos.
edit on 5-9-2011 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

The only /ego/ you should be wary of is your own. When you state that a puzzle has been summed up for you, that means to me that you have concluded your contributions. When you quit trying to say something is concluded, then I will perhaps be less sarcastic. No harm intended, my friend, but I only /wish/ you'd temper your words before you type them in. It's all about /BALANCE/. It always has been that way.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReAdY2AsCeNd

Was putting more emphasis on the last sentence, "Will you be ready?" Was pondering whether we needed to be ready in the sense of having learned the skills in the manuals. Like if October 28th was tomorrow and I had not yet had an OBE (if that's really what manual #2 is about) then I would not be one to experience the significance of October 28th, whatever that may be.
edit on 9/5/2011 by stonedlion because: (no reason given)

Hence the bold print - *facepalm* to head.

This I can't offer an answer to - because I have yet to experience this myself. I can feel deep within that I am on the right track. I just have to trust myself - let go - and let it take it's course - Patience.

I have been meditating a lot here recently trying to find my center. I have to say this "message" has helped aid me in my journey. When I sign off this evening I am going to try the Manuel again. I think combined with the music I may be able to progress.

Oh yeah a lil side note - can someone explain how I can loop the music on the main page?? Pretty please??

Actually, you should just download. If you are running Firefox, click on tools, and page info. It'll list all the multimedia on the site you are viewing. There's an option to "save as".

Then, in media player, just click the loop option.

It's meant for your personal use with the manual #2.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuttyX
reply to post by Druid42

The point between awake and asleep is, as understand it, the point that most try to acheive through meditation. Through meditation the goal is to control it. And use it. When it happens naturally on the way to sleep we usually just pass through it without noticing and without accessing that which it allows us. It is also this state that fear can affect us the most, the falling dreams . . . the paralyzed dreams/wakenings . . . . it is this state in which those happen. This state is usually fleeting. Holding on to it and utilizing it is difficult.

Thus the reason for Open's message. So we can learn something new. Most people have failed to learn how to /FOCUS/.

Need I say more?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Have you ever read Siddartha (sp?)? I reccomend it. It is supposedly the story of Buddha. He was born a brahmin (religious leader) but that didn't answer his questions . . . He sought more . . . found more religions . . . all left him wanting . . . till he thought for himself. . . . Long story short.. . .It's not about what you're taught. . . it's about what you learn along the way in spite of what you're taught. Just my 2 cents.

Hello nutty I don't think we have spoken before. I think I remember seeing a few of your posts a while back.
No I have not heard of that - but I have heard of Buddha. I can identify with what he is saying - and no that doesn't make me a Buddhist - or Hinduism. I am just a part of the universe - and finally I feel connected. Like I can stop searching and now reflect on the beauty that I have found from within.

I can say that I myself - have contributed to my path being that of the rocky one. But I would not trade it for anything in the world - because it has got me to where I am today. Stepping back to take a breath.

I have learned many things from this thread and found courage within myself that I never even dreamed I had. I can't begin to put into words how I am feeling. I have made connections with old friends here and been able to pass this along to my daughter.

This just came to my head a few minutes ago - and I felt it speak to me so loud that I made it my sig. I just know - that I know - that I know. So many things said within this thread have resonated with in. At times I have felt as if I had this conversation before. And I am able to remember my dreams again. I am hoping to get more in tune with my Native American side also. I think I will find comfort there also.

Thanks for the suggested read - I will google and see what I can find.

on a side note...
I hate to bring this up but I was feeling harmony and the music ended on the main page. Does anyone have any recomendations on how to keep it going continuesly??

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I don't think so. But it is difficult. More than most can do in this day and age with all our distractions. For some people, that's all they have. . . they're distrations. To ask them to give them up. . . even for a moment . . . is . . . . . tough. We've invented technologies for the sole purpose to allow us to indulge in our distractions 24/7. It is those distractions that keep them 'sane'. . . . Without them . . . they'd have to think of things they'd rather not. . . . I almost wish I coiuld go back. . . .

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thank you so much but I am using Google chrome. Would you mind telling me how me to do it on this one?

ETA: do I need the code to get to the page the music was first on?
edit on 5-9-2011 by ReAdY2AsCeNd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Druid42

I don't think so. But it is difficult. More than most can do in this day and age with all our distractions. For some people, that's all they have. . . they're distrations. To ask them to give them up. . . even for a moment . . . is . . . . . tough. We've invented technologies for the sole purpose to allow us to indulge in our distractions 24/7. It is those distractions that keep them 'sane'. . . . Without them . . . they'd have to think of things they'd rather not. . . . I almost wish I coiuld go back. . . .

SO true. All the distractions limit our abilities. We willingly relinquish them.

That's one reason that I admire Open for going out on a limb, to give this information back to us, and provide us the means by which to incorporate it into our busy lives.

He's giving us basics, and seeing who are willing, and who are not.

/small steps./

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Click here then to go File > Save Page As...

Once you've done this open the file in a media player (iTunes if you have it) and find the preference to repeat the song.

link   
reply to post by Druid42

Hey Druid - completely off topic - but we used to be close neighbors a few years back. You ole buckeye you.
I was a wildcat at one point. Used to come visit your stomping ground.

link   

Originally posted by ReAdY2AsCeNd
reply to post by Druid42

Thank you so much but I am using Google chrome. Would you mind telling me how me to do it on this one?

ETA: do I need the code to get to the page the music was first on?
edit on 5-9-2011 by ReAdY2AsCeNd because: (no reason given)

Sorry, I tried Chrome, didn't like it. I have no idea how to view page info there.

I have Firefox, IE, and Opera as viable web browsers.

Perhaps someone else can help?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Click here then to go File > Save Page As...

Once you've done this open the file in a media player (iTunes if you have it) and find the preference to repeat the song.

DUH, why didn't I think of that?

No second.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Actually both of you have been very helpful I have but one more question to ask and I promise I will leave you alone. Don't mean to be a pest.

I have it downloaded but I don't see a button on media player to adjust settings - to make it loop.

ETA: I found the loop button. Thanks everyone. I am off for some meditation and harmony.

I will speak to universe for deeper understanding for me/us.

Peace, love and light
edit on 6-9-2011 by ReAdY2AsCeNd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Completely off topic..
Isn't it funny this thread has about 400 pages and 76 flags and the OP hardly has any stars? This thread has more out branching activity linked to it than any other i have ever seen.
I just thought that was funny. Back to business.

edit: 77 now. Ive followed it since the beginning and havent flagged

edit on 12/10/2010 by ka119 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 357  358  359    361  362  363 >>

join