It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Creepy 10/28/11 Website Mystery

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Grower

I'll agree, it makes a lot more sense now, (For the time being anyway.)
I don't believe what the two women are talking about.

I mean, I do not agree with them at all, I think it's a trap.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Just read up from when I left yesterday, the only person who made a russian connection that I remember was Alas/|vanova, and he seems to make a russian connection to everything after going through his posts on this site and another site. Originally some of us thought he was running things, but after talking to him I believe that is alot less likely.

We are all connected right now working in unity to solve a puzzle, we were told most of us have already discovered the message, and someone gave a specific number, Can't remember who exactly, but maybe that is the goal to get us all thinking as one? Working together to solve a problem, be interesting if the messages get more abstract or alot more fringe as we get closer to the end of the countdown.

edit on 25-8-2011 by brokenbullet56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
there's one question that caught my attention and i believe no one else thought much of it.
some poster who had received an e-mail asking "what is today".

so,
en.wikipedia.org...

and working on anything russian, we get:
en.wikipedia.org...
["Ivan IV Vasilyevich (Russian: Ива́н Четвёртый, Васи́льевич​ (help·info), Ivan Chetvyorty, Vasilyevich; 25 August 1530 – 28 March [O.S. 18 March] 1584),[1] known in English as Ivan the Terrible (Russian: Ива́н Гро́зный​ (help·info), Ivan Grozny; lit. Fearsome), was Grand Prince of Moscow from 1533 until his death".]

on a side note, i noticed a lot of people stating that the cat is dead on the new picture. but actually it's not. if you look closer you'll realize that the trap is both armed and off, the bottle is broken and whole and the cat itself is dead and alive (and is not a ghostly picture of a cat's spirit leaving its body...)

also, aaron wrote some pages back about his frustration with the puzzle. and i agree completely. there were a lot irrelevant clues that added nothing to the outcome. a broken hastily put togheter riddle. the Scroedingers Cat part only got avaiable on the third or fourth update on that page. and from then, with no connection with the previous clues, everyone declared problem solved. now there could be two things: either the riddle maker is playing on our self satisfaction and leading us astray on a irrelevant side line (good puzzle) or it's indeed a disconnected riddle (bad one).
edit on 25/8/2011 by maoklein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokenbullet56
Just read up from when I left yesterday, the only person who made a russian connection that I remember was Alas/|vanova, and he seems to make a russian connection to everything after going through his posts on this site and another site. Originally some of us thought he was running things, but after talking to him I believe that is alot less likely.

We are all connected right now working in unity to solve a puzzle, we were told most of us have already discovered the message, and someone gave a specific number, Can't remember who exactly, but maybe that is the goal to get us all thinking as one? Working together to solve a problem, be interesting if the messages get more abstract or alot more fringe as we get closer to the end of the countdown.

edit on 25-8-2011 by brokenbullet56 because: (no reason given)

OH GOD!
Thank you,...... thank you,.... thank you......

I have been smoking out of my ears over the "Russian connection" for hours now because at those pages I just came back to the thread.
I got confused by what they were saying and assumed that the person who made the website was also the person you mentioned. Then when I went back to look I became blind on text and couldn't find it again.

Man, glad that's cleared up, feel like I can wipe the slate clean and go again.
Thanks for that.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by maoklein
there's one question that caught my attention and i believe no one else thought much of it.
some poster who had received an e-mail asking "what is today".

so,
en.wikipedia.org...

and working on anything russian, we get:
en.wikipedia.org...
["Ivan IV Vasilyevich (Russian: Ива́н Четвёртый, Васи́льевич​ (help·info), Ivan Chetvyorty, Vasilyevich; 25 August 1530 – 28 March [O.S. 18 March] 1584),[1] known in English as Ivan the Terrible (Russian: Ива́н Гро́зный​ (help·info), Ivan Grozny; lit. Fearsome), was Grand Prince of Moscow from 1533 until his death".]

on a side note, i noticed a lot of people stating that the cat is dead on the new picture. but actually it's not. if you look closer you'll realize that the trap is both armed and off, the bottle is broken and whole and the cat itself is dead and alive (and is not a ghostly picture of a cat's spirit leaving its body...)

also, aaron wrote some pages back about his frustration with the puzzle. and i agree completely. there were a lot irrelevant clues that added nothing to the outcome. a broken hastily put togheter riddle. the Scroedingers Cat part only got avaiable on the third or fourth update on that page. and from then, with no connection with the previous clues, everyone declared problem solved. now there could be two things: either the riddle maker is playing on our self satisfaction and leading us astray on a irrelevant side line (good puzzle) or it's indeed a disconnected riddle (bad one).
edit on 25/8/2011 by maoklein because: (no reason given)

I agree 100%

What is your take on the text at the bottom of the image?
I find the emphasis on the words in bold and italic to be intriguing.
Says the next train will be around noon.
Does he mean train in the caravan sense, or abstractly in the cultivation sense? As if to say your next lesson will be around noon.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Ya I figured I'd try to stop you from looking into the Russian thing to much, as some people were getting carried away by the Russian thing even though it was based off one person, I just sent an email to Open hopefully I get the reply before I get home from work and he answer specifically, should give us more information.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by maoklein

omg...I totally forgot today was Ivan's birthday!! I heard it meantioned earlier this morning and never even made any type of connection.
~sigh~ Gonna be another one of those days.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by brokenbullet56

At least your getting emails out.
I have been trying to email open and all 10 times received a mailer daemon.
Quite annoying I must say, either a banned IP address or im being ignored.

Found out that the reason I was banned from GLP was because apparently my ISP is frequently used by spammers, though I don't know how. I guess because I have 3rd world internet.

At least that little mystery is cleared up for me.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

i think that by bolding train he's implying it is a key word. around, in italics, usually denotes something losely defined or sarcasm, in colloquial text writing. i would say it's sarcasm because history is also demarked, and perhaps denoting the conflicting idea of both an official and a real one -- btw, which we're very familiar with.

so we have train (of thought OR hop on, embark on the next riddle), that maybe will come around noon (universal time?). i'm not sure of what to make from the second line "Patience? This will remain until that is seen, give up if you must, that's what history has taught you". nonetheless, i'm pretty sure that "history", false or real, is of great relevance.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
another thing, i'm having this strong feeling that the clues are being put togheter on the fly. i mean, developed with base on ours (and glp's) reactions. which would take us on a very disappointing path -- when the GM can change rules on a whim he can, very well, make us run in circles... just cause he feels like it.

that's what to decide, if this is a well structured puzzle or another prank hooking on the hype of our latest, well known, little ARG's. i'm leaning towards the second option...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
hey all, i'm back. GREAT sleuthing, everyone. what's been discussed makes sense to me, russian scientists, global cataclysm, etc. the schroedinger's cat metaphor is pretty directly tied in there, as well - almost exactly how i interpreted it some pages back - humanity (according to the russian gals) will have an 'opportunity' to ascend, or fall, based on our actions (our 'radioactive decay' of consciousness). however, the emphasis here is on natural cycles, not dictatorial government, as i guessed. who knows? as far as i'm concerned, this thing is dead in the water until either the page updates again, or the counter runs out. one thing I'm noticing as strange - posted timecodes for the countdown are varying from source to source. for me, the page is reading 549xxxxxxx. last night, on glp, someone posted their viewed code as 546xxxxxxx. at first, i thought it was just different time zones, but the difference there is more than 12 hours (at least i think).

the phone number is still up, same morse code, and i'm not blacklisted from the email either, waiting for a reply from this morning. interesting thing is, i was told that this is not being perpetuated by a single person, it's apparently a team of some kind...
edit on 25-8-2011 by alexbassguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I kind of got the same concept from the cat as well.

That particular experiment representing a state of flux between two realities, and our antagonist is implying I presume, that we are all effected by this flux.

As far as the text is concerned, Im still hung up on it. Probably nothing, but the Morse code and the text have got me wondering. Also how they are tied into that Texas number.

Wild goose chase most likely.
edit on 25-8-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2011 by snowen20 because: MAn i'm being attacked by the sleep monster unmercifully, not catching the spelling errors.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

the page is reading 549xxxxxxx. last night, on glp, someone posted their viewed code as 546xxxxxxx. at first, i thought it was just different time zones, but the difference there is more than 12 hours (at least i think).
reply to post by alexbassguy

Okay, That's weird.
Are you saying that while looking at the website it stated a number that was higher than the number at GLP at the same time?

Like two separate counters?
That is strange.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
the image is of an experiment theorized by Stephen Hawking, stating that relative to quantum mechanics, if you had a cat in a box; one which you could not see through; and there was a gun that would fire off into the box the moment a radioactive isotope decayed; what is the state of the cat?

Alive 50%

Dead 50%

so, in theory, the cat is both half dead and half alive because the odds of it being dead or alive are precisely 50%

edit on 25-8-2011 by moonsun because: oops, didnt see the lastest comments with the correct scientist

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
so the websites down? seems the end was earlier than they expected lol

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonsun
the image is of an experiment theorized by Stephen Hawking, stating that relative to quantum mechanics, if you had a cat in a box; one which you could not see through; and there was a gun that would fire off into the box the moment a radioactive isotope decayed; what is the state of the cat?

Alive 50%

Dead 50%

so, in theory, the cat is both half dead and half alive because the odds of it being dead or alive are precisely 50%

edit on 25-8-2011 by moonsun because: oops, didnt see the lastest comments with the correct scientist

We know.

Though it wasn't Steven Hawking
it was Erwin Schrödinger
edit on 25-8-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Wow 33 pages on a web site that is now down. Why is it down now? I wish I could have seen this site I even went to the way back machine which archives all the web sites set up on the world wide web. This web site did not show up and I pushed on the button for the latest it sent me to crystalskulls.com. Is that what everyone is talking about? Is this web site blocked in the USA. I want to see for myself why this web site had 33 pages for repelies these last few days. Why would it not show up in the internet archives?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

I'm from England, like I said two posts up, I think the end was sooner than they thought. Either that or they are bored laughing at people rushing to a random website

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Why does everyone keep saying it is down, it is working fine for me.
Maybe everyone is still trying to go to the Mirror site.

Try this instead.
www.projectpixels.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
Why does everyone keep saying it is down, it is working fine for me.
Maybe everyone is still trying to go to the Mirror site.

Try this instead.
www.projectpixels.com...

we were going to the one we were discussing in the OP no? :S I thought that the oct2811 one was what we were talking about?

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join