It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Creepy 10/28/11 Website Mystery

page: 307
<< 304  305  306    308  309  310 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lolly89
I didnt vote in the poll, I just clicked the vote button.

The results were as thus: -

oct282011.com
Step - Pick a number 1-10
7 61.1%
9 5.4%
4 5.2%
3 5.0%
8 4.4%
10 4.0%
6 4.0%
1 3.8%
2 3.7%
5 3.2%

Total votes: 1510

If anyone can tell me how to upload a .php I will gladly do so. I will still stand by the opinion that this is a freakin peach...a non-boon (for any gamers), a goose(for any farmers). Honestly......we are in a world where so many things are possible but the rational still escapes us? There is a good reason that this puzzle is not going to be solved. There is a good reason that it doesn't need to be. I'm sure mankind will blow up the earth at some point (only cause we have the means to), no cryptic clues needed . Its either doom or euphoria, right? I'll tell you something - This is neither. Its made up!

You can't upload a .php. It's a script that runs on a server, between computers. Perhaps you mean a .jpg or .png?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
What's the noise. It kind of frightened me a bit. Could it be a message sped up to high levels. Also, it's saying step one now...I've been kind of out of the loop for a while with this.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
What's the noise. It kind of frightened me a bit. Could it be a message sped up to high levels. Also, it's saying step one now...I've been kind of out of the loop for a while with this.

WB, One, the recaps are in Grower's, TNT's, or my sigs. Lots of information to go over.

What noise, BTW?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Ah, I see it now in the source. It's a file called look.wav. However, the embed doesn't work on my end. When I downloaded it, it won't play either.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

The most I can say is, I don't know.

Does time exist? Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. Time itself isn't observable... all we can observe are physical variables. Clocks don't measure time, clocks count... time itself is defined by the clock, the clock isn't defined by time.

Will we ever find anything below the Planck scale?
Why does time appear to move forward when there aren't any laws governing it to move forward? Why doesn't it move backwards, or sideways, for that matter?
Do we believe in the concept of time because of our observations of the Universe's constant expansion? Does that expansion make us *perceive* something like time moving forward?

So many questions, I have, and so few answers.
I guess that's why I'm the student and not the teacher lol.

I don't know, I often view things like this... everything that has happened and will happen is happening right now. Where all of my questions without answers fit into that, well, I hope one day to figure that out.

Edit: I just noticed everyone talking about the audio in the source code... OMFG that scared the crap out of me! It was silence, silence, silence, and then POW, right in the kisser

edit on 3-9-2011 by JourPolaire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The straight time line and the circular time line do touch at one point, very briefly. That could be a way of going from one to the other, and back again, or possibly to the timeline above/below/beyond.

Just an idea...

I downloaded the wav file, played in audacity briefly to slow it down, it just sounds 'electronic' noise, no speech but I only twiddled with it briefly. 2 seconds long, 44100 Hz stereo sound. I have heard vaguely similar sounds coming from space. Not personally, but sometimes NASA posts sounds/noises they detect in space.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

Maybe:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-9-2011 by cingularity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cingularity

I have heard similar things, but I can't pinpoint anything.

But, has anyone else seen all of the different threads around here pertaining to 'strange noises' being heard around the globe? That's what this reminded me of.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JourPolaire

Yes, but this doesn't sound like the sounds you are referring to. They are more of a rumbling sound, very low pitch, sometimes sounding like a large motor or engine, this sounds way more...hmm...electric fuzz.
edit on 3/9/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typos

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Yes, just made think of that.

I have heard sounds very similar to this, from space... just can't put the pieces together.

My heart is still pounding from the shock of that though... my earphones were on with the sound up full blast!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JourPolaire

I have heard similar things, but I can't pinpoint anything.

But, has anyone else seen all of the different threads around here pertaining to 'strange noises' being heard around the globe? That's what this reminded me of.

I'm thinking it's a recording of radio emissions from some astral object out there. Something like en.wikipedia.org...

Haven't found anything to match it yet.

"It will be you, who were the pioneers."

Pioneers, hmm:en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

cingularity, I am glad you joined this thread!

Thanks for the links!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

edit on 3-9-2011 by cingularity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I came across that one too...

Pretty amazing, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Turn the speakers/headphones down!

A Pulsar?

Various celestial sounds

edit on 3/9/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added volume warning

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JourPolaire
reply to post by Druid42

The most I can say is, I don't know.

Does time exist? Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. Time itself isn't observable... all we can observe are physical variables. Clocks don't measure time, clocks count... time itself is defined by the clock, the clock isn't defined by time.

Will we ever find anything below the Planck scale?
Why does time appear to move forward when there aren't any laws governing it to move forward? Why doesn't it move backwards, or sideways, for that matter?
Do we believe in the concept of time because of our observations of the Universe's constant expansion? Does that expansion make us *perceive* something like time moving forward?

So many questions, I have, and so few answers.
I guess that's why I'm the student and not the teacher lol.

I don't know, I often view things like this... everything that has happened and will happen is happening right now. Where all of my questions without answers fit into that, well, I hope one day to figure that out.

Edit: I just noticed everyone talking about the audio in the source code... OMFG that scared the crap out of me! It was silence, silence, silence, and then POW, right in the kisser

I like the way you think, and you ask all the right questions. These are the questions that the best scientific minds on the planet have asked, and they have no answers either. When you look too deep, everything becomes undefinable and meaningless. Planck time IS the smallest discernible unit of time, or is it really? We used to think atoms were the smallest units of matter, then we discovered quarks. What are quarks made of? To back track, our ancestors thought there were only four elements. Technology and information is expanding at an exponential rate, so when does the bubble burst? When do we understand the nature of reality around us?

I also ask questions all the time. When someone can explain something, with no satisfactory explanation that satisfies EVERYONE, I call incomplete information, and shake my head sadly. I have dedicated myself to a life of learning, to try to understand the world around us, but seemingly there are no real answers. Not yet anyway. As a race of beings, there are a few who are willing to learn. I am one of them.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
ive' been lurking / reading / this thread since the beginning.

for the past year at least i have been seeing 1, 11, 11:11, as well as 222, 333, 444, 555.

i have researched this online, 75 million ppl this is happening too.. and its' all about " an awakening ",

where does 11:11 fit in here, if at all ?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Hmm... I think I'm going deaf... a couple of contributions:

1:35 to 2:55 (Second video)

ETA: Now that I've listened to them again, I don't think the first video sounds anything like it, but it is still cool nonetheless. As for the second? Let your ears be the judge.
ETA2: Neither of them sound like it. Back to YouTube I go...
edit on 4-9-2011 by JourPolaire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
Turn the speakers/headphones down!

A Pulsar?

Various celestial sounds

edit on 3/9/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added volume warning

Thanks for the links, the effects are trancelike, rythmic, and patterned. These sounds are amazing. What is Open trying to say now?

BTW, sound is a wave of energy propagating through a medium. Our ears are a vibrating membranes that detect and send signals to our brain. I'm leaving all the technical stuff out, but for all practical purposes, is Open telling us now to /hear/ as well as /see/? Very interesting addition to this mystery.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Linear and Circular?

Each stage feels linear but in the grand scheme of things (what we don't see/know) it's circular?

3rd option being parallel lines/lives in which we have the ability to jump between them based on what we create for ourselves??

Or I have no idea lol
edit on 4-9-2011 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 304  305  306    308  309  310 >>

join