It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Creepy 10/28/11 Website Mystery

page: 272
<< 269  270  271    273  274  275 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Molimo
reply to post by TNTarheel

Not closer to the answer but it's the journey that matters

Ah, Molimo, the journey is at least as important as the destination. But a journey begins because a destination is the goal, yes?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

yes your right

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exades

TNT, this was posted on GLP by an Anonymous Coward the night the manual first became available. There was a poster there who we pretty much just called "the New Zealand poster" because of the flag by their user id. They first showed up posting random words and numbers like this:
'consensus'
'cisco' '222'
'king8' 'laurel'

Some people thought it was Open because he was being just as cryptic. Eventually, he posted that quote as his explanation for why he was doing it. He also said that he wasn't Open, but claimed to know him, and said something about both of them being routers. Of course, he could have been lying and just been messing with people. I guess we could ask Open whether he could confirm this was someone he knew.

'laurel' sounds familiar, werent we looking at something like that earlier today ?

edit on 2-9-2011 by TallWhiteHuman because: familiar - familier

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exades

TNT, this was posted on GLP by an Anonymous Coward the night the manual first became available. There was a poster there who we pretty much just called "the New Zealand poster" because of the flag by their user id. They first showed up posting random words and numbers like this:
'consensus'
'cisco' '222'
'king8' 'laurel'

Some people thought it was Open because he was being just as cryptic. Eventually, he posted that quote as his explanation for why he was doing it. He also said that he wasn't Open, but claimed to know him, and said something about both of them being routers. Of course, he could have been lying and just been messing with people. I guess we could ask Open whether he could confirm this was someone he knew.

Ah, so GLP is where I remember this from (I'm a lurker there and not a poster). Thank you

Perhaps asking Open would be the wise choice.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

uhhhh i don't know honestly not quite fond of anyone i couldn't make a connection if i tried (maybe)

You must be fond of something my friend. What makes you happy? Perhaps it is not a someone, but a something? You like Math, Art, Science, puzzles??? Skipping stones on the river, flying a kite? lol I hope it is math so I can thank you for taking care of the side of the equation, Im stuck over here on the art side of thought.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TallWhiteHuman
'laurel' sounds familiar, werent we looking at something like that earlier today ?

edit on 2-9-2011 by TallWhiteHuman because: familiar - familier

I don't know, Tall. It seems someone posted an opinion of King8 and Laurel some time back.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I occupy myself with a computer,games and my imagination (not in that way
)

You also seemed to ask about intellectual pursuits think of it like this if i was in a small group of people and we represented different kinds of intelligence i would either be the wiseman,the psychologist and maybe the strategist

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
And math is my worst subject

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TNTarheel
Whew! I finally caught up

Interesting day, yes? But still no closer to the answer?

Well, hello again, mon ami.

Where do you find yourself tonight? Any closer to uncovering your own answers to this non-puzzle yet?

Have you given any thought to to this:

1234)* --- *(4321

?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Do we have any clues at all that have been decoded absolutely so a pattern may begin to be seen?

I know we have a list of clues...but do we have any solid knowledge as to what those clues represent?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JourPolaire

Has anyone tried treating the numbers as letters

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Molimo

I have tried, but each attempt has, thus far, taken me to a ghost page.

But I wouldn't rule it out at all... numbers are anything and everything, including infinity.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Maybe someone should do research on each clue maybe we will find something

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Molimo

If someone has the attention span and motivation

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JourPolaire
Well, hello again, mon ami.

Where do you find yourself tonight? Any closer to uncovering your own answers to this non-puzzle yet?

Have you given any thought to to this:

1234)* --- *(4321

?

Hello, Jour

I find myself in the company of friends whom I value. I have learned much and am still to learn much I think.

I have tried every combination of algebraic formulas I could find. They all have led to the ghost page...some white with the brackets and dots..some to the black one with "there are no coincidences".
edit on 9/2/2011 by TNTarheel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Molimo
reply to post by Molimo

If someone has the attention span and motivation

Ah, but Druid tried to begin with that...it wasn't taken well. Yes, I know Druid has a very different sense of humor and I know he has a tendency to be abrupt. But we all have our foibles, yes?

His suggestion was that each person or group take a clue and "run with it", I believe that was his choice of words.

If we truly want to solve it, then we must begin to try and apply what we have learned to the clues. Passengers on the train who are in reality the conductors, yes?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I have tried every combination of algebraic formulas I could find. They all have lead to the ghost page...some white with the brackets and dots..some to the black one with "there are no coincidences".

Moi aussi

Maybe we're just *over*thinking this...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

2 great minds can accomplish much more than 1

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I have tried every combination of algebraic formulas I could find.

lol hey look Milemo, we found our Math person! Just kidding TNT
and before I forget Mil, I believe you are what is called a thinker. That is great, but I think one really truly needs to be a knower....

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JourPolaire

I have tried every combination of algebraic formulas I could find. They all have lead to the ghost page...some white with the brackets and dots..some to the black one with "there are no coincidences".

Moi aussi

Maybe we're just *over*thinking this...

Oui! Open said to take "it" literally but not to expect the obvious. "It" is something we have always known...by instinct.
edit on 9/2/2011 by TNTarheel because: I really do know how to spell...it's my keyboard that needs a refresher course

top topics

<< 269  270  271    273  274  275 >>

join