It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Creepy 10/28/11 Website Mystery

page: 233
<< 230  231  232    234  235  236 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Remember the page with the picture of John Lennon and the question "Who Killed John Lennon"?

That's actually the title to a book.

An interesting editorial review from Publisher's Weekly is there also:

Bresler, a British lawyer, believes tht Mark Chapman, assassin of John Lennon, was no "lone nut" but was programmed by the CIA, through drugs and hypnosis, to carry out the murder. The N.Y.C. police lieutenant who interrogated Chapman the night of the slaying in 1980 is quoted here as saying: "He looked as if he could have been programmed." Bresler builds an entirely circumstantial case without a shred of hard evidence, but he does raise some interesting questions. Why, for instance, did Chapman, in 1975 a 19-year-old, religious, anti-Communist Southerner, select Russia as his preferred destination in a YMCA exchange program, and end up instead in Beirut? Bresler posits that Chapman was recruited by the CIA as a killer and kept "on hold" until the agency found a target: Lennon, portrayed here as a magnet for leftist causes. He argues that Chapman spent three "missing days" in Chicago before arriving in New York to shoot the rock star. As Bresler ( The Mystery of Georges Simenon ) reports, Lennon was kept under surveillance by both the FBI and CIA, but that in itself proves nothing. Author tour.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I'm still on the primrose path.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TNTarheel

Yeah, it's a pic of the book.
oct282011.com...

Oops, code was 1980, we already figured it was numbered that because that was the year he was murdered. What else are you thinking? Spill! lol
edit on 1-9-2011 by Grower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grower

Yeah, it's a pic of the book.
oct282011.com...

Oops, code was 1980, we already figured it was numbered that because that was the year he was murdered. What else are you thinking? Spill! lol
edit on 1-9-2011 by Grower because: (no reason given)

I'm not sure where my thoughts are going with this...yet.

The question beneath the book cover on that page was:

who shatters dreams?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The philosophical answer would be 'knowledge'...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

who shatters dreams?

Simon Cowell

edit on 1-9-2011 by stonedlion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Grower

More on John, the person:

J. Edgar Hoover shared their concerns. One page of Lennon's FBI file bears the handwritten, block-lettered, under lined words, ALL EXTREMISTS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED DANGEROUS.

In late 1972, when the "surveillance" was at its peak, Lennon told humorist Paul Krassner, "Listen, if anything happens to Yoko and me, it was not an accident."

Strawberry Fields Forum

edit on 9/1/2011 by TNTarheel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ivanova
post removed by staff

Ummm...totally lost me with that one.
edit on Thu Sep 1 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
oct282011.com...

who shatters dreams?

The Establishment...those with a closed mindset?

During this period of time the government, TPTB as I've seen it here, was called 'the establishment".

Establishment = old paradigm of thought, rigid and unyielding power not open to change...a rigid and closed mindset

I don't like to use Wiki but the first line of their definition expressed it best.

The Establishment is a term used to refer to a visible dominant group or elite that holds power or authority in a nation.

Edit: I would welcome input on this line of reasoning.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Ok, I get where you're going, but what's the tie-in?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ivanova
post removed by staff

I apologize if this offends you, but I've not been able to make sense of anything you've posted on here in the past three days. Could you clarify?
edit on Thu Sep 1 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grower

Ok, I get where you're going, but what's the tie-in?

I edited my post before I saw this. I had left my "tie-in" out...hit the reply button too quickly.

EDIT: Any thoughts? Is my reasoning off balance?
edit on 9/1/2011 by TNTarheel because: added Edit

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Deja Vu on the main page is also a movie with denzel wash. Found it by googling with 2 capitals. The plot is about stopping a crime by seeing and travelling in the past and saving girls in the meantime. They can see back four and a half day.
Anyone saw this movie? I did but can't remember much because of special wondertabacco. Did she turn out to be a deceiver or something. Just thinking

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunkenbuddha
Deja Vu on the main page is also a movie with denzel wash. Found it by googling with 2 capitals. The plot is about stopping a crime by seeing and travelling in the past and saving girls in the meantime. They can see back four and a half day.
Anyone saw this movie? I did but can't remember much because of special wondertabacco. Did she turn out to be a deceiver or something. Just thinking

I've seen it and enjoyed it. No, the best I remember, the girl was just someone he connected/fell in love with. However, the technology used in that movie gave me chills.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Can you describe this eerie tech?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The counter changed. It is now counting up...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunkenbuddha
Can you describe this eerie tech?

Only vaguely...my memory is poor...a machine based on quantum physics which allowed viewing of and travel to a certain amount of time into the past.

I most remember that each time he changed the outcome...he would have to travel into the altered past to change it again because something worse happened in the future/present each time the past was changed.

edit on 9/1/2011 by TNTarheel because: corrected

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Didymus42

Still counting down for me...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Grower

The first 5 digits have been replaced by a dash and it is counting up everytime I refesh the page.
oct282011.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 230  231  232    234  235  236 >>

join