It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Creepy 10/28/11 Website Mystery

page: 206
<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Oh cool, the site has changed! But why is it all dark? Even the Schrödinger image's like that!

+ Now only the "S" is in Italics from the trains. Does it mean anything?

Btw... I forgot when the timer'll be at 4092333735 miliseconds, does anyone know?

@TallWhiteHuman: who the heck is Zoltan??

link   
Im trying the some of the codes, in thelighters poster, and growers sig.
i havent tried em all but the only one thats not ghost so far was the Dancing 4 GIF
ill edit when i try em all.

Yeah i tried pretty much all of em, missed the ones that linked to same as 0000,
but they are all ghost now.
maybe hes put new numbers up, ones he HASNT see on here or other forums yet.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Anishnaabe because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Grower
reply to post by TNTarheel

Ok, ty. I don't know why it only comes up as 'i'm' in OO.

Try highlighting the area immediately to the sides of the squiggle.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
when you type 0000 in the safe and it brings you to the page with the music and the girl. Did you ever think it's saying 3:00. Because she's pointing up and the other fingers are pointing to there the 3 would be on a clock? And it says "don't think the obvious" And what would be obvious would be to think it's 2:30 because it shows a clock with 2:30 right there. But no one would think to look at the hands as a clock.

Just a thought. I haven't been on in a week due to power outage (Irene). So if someone said it, let me know.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Ok, I *think* I'm caught up!

Grower, thank you for your words... Taking Open out of the equation, I have honestly enjoyed this thread and am glad I decided to join in some 200 pages ago. Wherever it is that Open's non-puzzle-puzzles are leading us, even if they lead us to nowhere, they can't take away some of the pretty-darn-awesome exchanges that this thread holds.

Now, back to Open

I saw the new link TNT found (nice find!) that leads to the scene in Contact where Ellie makes contact with a 'Vegan' (No, not that type of Vegan... the out-of-this-world type).

Why Contact? I love that movie, by the way, but enough about me.

Is it a reference to the age-old battle royale between religion/spirituality and science?

Separation?

Disconnection?

What about distraction?

Palmer Joss: 'Is the world fundamentally a better place because of science and technology? We shop at home, we surf the Web... at the same time, we feel emptier, lonelier and more cut off from each other than at any other time in human history...'

Then there's connection.

Wholeness.

Oneness.

Extraterrestrial to Ellie: 'You're an interesting species. An interesting mix. You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you're not. See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable, is each other.'

Ellie Arroway: '... I... had an experience... I can't prove it, I can't even explain it, but everything that I know as a human being, everything that I am tells me that it was real! I was given something wonderful, something that changed me forever... A vision... of the universe, that tells us, undeniably, how tiny, and insignificant and how... rare, and precious we all are! A vision that tells us that we belong to something that is greater than ourselves, that we are *not*, that none of us are alone! I wish... I... could share that... I wish, that everyone, if only for one... moment, could feel... that awe, and humility, and hope. But... That continues to be my wish.'

Maybe Open's having a little LOL by showing the part where the extraterrestrial tells Ellie to practice 'patience...'

Extraterrestrial: 'Small moves, Ellie, small moves.'

What about Open's stance on not using words, not *telling* us anything... because we have to *experience* it for ourselves... and because there are *no words* to describe it anyways...

Ellie Arroway: 'Some celestial event. No - no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should've sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea.'

I'm starting to think Open got this idea from watching Contact

How this all relates to October 28th, not gonna lie, I have no idea. In fact, this reading wayyyy too into things that I have done here probably isn't even relevant. All I've really accomplished in this post is making myself want to watch Contact again, for the 90 millionth time.

Maybe you should just disregard my lunatic ramblings

Oh, I tried to email Open today, but the message failed to send. Has anyone else been able to get through?
edit on 31-8-2011 by JourPolaire because: (no reason given)

link   
Grower:

Now when I paste the site into Microsoft Office Word, I get all kinds of squiggles that translate to this:

When i'm scared and you're close I feel _. It's hard to feel _ nowadays. Can you find where to be _ ? Wait there, and you'll be _ .[....]

Things are never initially accepted. You are seeing right now why it hasn't been "discovered" or why most ideas never blossom. The negativity all around is what has caused separation(in humans). Individual(awareness) needing to prove to ones other self that they are right, and you(1) are wrong; forgetting completely who they actually are.
1234)* --- *(4321 (that one is free)

So what we're seeing is the text part of the page (I think).
edit on 8/31/2011 by TNTarheel because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by johnwilkesbooth

Now that you mention it... it could be possible. But then again, we don't know on which day and in AM or PM (+ which timezone) would it be in.

Oh and have just noticed the "how?" on the cat picture

edit: lol @ Zoltan

edit on 31-8-2011 by roZeGardEn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnwilkesbooth
when you type 0000 in the safe and it brings you to the page with the music and the girl. Did you ever think it's saying 3:00. Because she's pointing up and the other fingers are pointing to there the 3 would be on a clock? And it says "don't think the obvious" And what would be obvious would be to think it's 2:30 because it shows a clock with 2:30 right there. But no one would think to look at the hands as a clock.

Just a thought. I haven't been on in a week due to power outage (Irene). So if someone said it, let me know.

Nice! I don't remember reading this interpretation before. Let's try.

Putting 0300 into the keypad took me to the ghost page

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JourPolaire
Ok, I *think* I'm caught up!

Extraterrestrial: 'Small moves, Ellie, small moves.'

JourPolaire, is this an actual line from the movie?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Yes.

All the quotes I posted are.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JourPolaire

Yes.

All the quotes I posted are.

Very interesting, that choice of words:

open
August 31, 2011 at 7:40 am
Small moves, friend, small moves.

record.oct282011.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Interesting, indeed!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Has anyone formed an opinion on what this website is about yet? The reasoning behind the 10.28 date?

If you have, please share so we can compare notes.

JourPolaire..you have some very interesting points in your post and I think you're closer than you realize.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
New post on the record siterecord.oct282011.com...

scrolling over the image says "Ascend"

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
so, was it one of you who said they saw this eye experiment in a magazine years back ?? or someone else ?

i`d love to know what magazine, or atleast what type of magazine it was in.

Ithink OPEN is a fan of cult everything with a little bit of geekyness , were probably being duped by the angry german kid and this was him last night when we posted his IP -> www.youtube.com...

edit on 31-8-2011 by TallWhiteHuman because: OPEN was OEN lol

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by johnwilkesbooth

The clock shows 02:30, and 0230 is a code that works, I think that's how 0230 code was discovered...

Anyway, I'm out, this has all got so boring to me. I'm not a believer in any new age stuff, so it was the puzzle aspect which drew me in. There doesn't seem to be anything else to interest me here. Maybe I'll come take a look on oct 28th, see what the deal was with this site. My feeling is it's just some bored guy who watched too much garbage on the internet.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
October 28/2011 is The True End of the Mayan calendar Not 2012 but it will not be the end of the world It will be an beginning of something incredibly Awe inspiring world Changing Event

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This part of the source code of the 10.28 site continues to expand..does anyone have any idea what this could be?

First line:

////|||******* , |||||///** , ///\\\********* !-->

Second line:

(For some reason the Ext Text tags won't work on the second line).

Hah! The second line won't show in my post either.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelighter
Anyway, I'm out, this has all got so boring to me. I'm not a believer in any new age stuff, so it was the puzzle aspect which drew me in. There doesn't seem to be anything else to interest me here. Maybe I'll come take a look on oct 28th, see what the deal was with this site. My feeling is it's just some bored guy who watched too much garbage on the internet.

But, Lighter, we're still working on the puzzle aspect of it

new topics

top topics

<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join