It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the removal of civil rights in the workplace

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HellstormRising

The only reason I feel the way I do about the gun in the car thing is because when your car is parked in their parking lot it's their property. But personally I don't think it's a big deal.

And I totally agree about the open carry thing as far as curving crime rates, but as far as rather innocent misunderstandings/people losing their cool, those numbers would spike for a number of years until our society learns to deal with that right properly regardless of the safety class. Most people just aren't that smart and we would have to learn. But I think it'd be a good thing in the long run.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Paul47

I wasn't trying to take a shot at you or your situation. It's just my belief that a company shouldn't be expected to take care of you. Now if it was because of their negligence then that is what the legal system is for.

We should do everything we can do plan for these sorts of things and push for medical care that is a lot cheaper.

But again, that is really not the point of this thread. It doesn't really fall under civil rights in my book.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Just hide a handgun at work. Find a very secure location and tape it somewhere hidden. One thing that you can do is to hide a small pistol inside of your lunch bag in a false bottom. Another thing is to purchase a small digital handgun safe, put it inside of a bookbag and put that in your locker. In order to search your property they would have to destroy your property.

I refuse to go anywhere unarmed. I would rather die going out shooting it out with the police than to allow them to disarm me arrest me and put me in prison for legally exercising my 2nd amendment rights. I keep mine in a ankle holster. They are firing people left and right where I work and I do not feel safe about it. All it takes is for one person to feel like their coworkers are the reason that they got fired and decided to come in blasting. At least I will go down shooting either way. Better than hiding under the desk like a slave or crawling into a bawl and begging like a subject. I will die a free citizen or maybe even stop the threat.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The fact is that your civil rights are not being denied at all. You still have all thiose rights--in public. Frankly, I don't want to hear about your religion. I don't even want to know what it is. And I CERTAINLY don't want to hear about your religion at work where I'm forced to be around you.

I absolutely agree with people here who point out that banning guns is on the stupid side. Putting up a sign that says "firearms not allowed" is tantamount to proclaiming, "Unarmed victims are inside here who can't defend themselves." But sheeple freak out when they see a gun and employers have the right to ban them, stupid as that policy may be.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join