It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I would like to approach the gods on ATS Olympus, with all due humility and respect, with a suggestion regarding avatars.

It's been a while since the change to the 170x240 format. I would like to suggest a minor tweak.

Please consider extending the length from 240 to 340. I understand that ATS has a massive membership and all those avatars take up disk space and bandwidth. But the extra 100 pixels would allow so much more room to express one's self.

Example below:

On the far left, an older avatar I made before the change. In the center, the same avatar is adapted into the new format and to the right, the same adaptation that extends to 340 pixels.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf0bb48cfb79.jpg[/atsimg]

The extra 100 pixels... while really not a lot in this day and age, would allow for a lot more room to add a little extra personalization to the avatar.

Thanks for your time and consideration,

-Redoubt

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

You have a bit more freedom in pixels, if you choose to use a miniprofile background..

check out this thread for details

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Thanks... I'll tinker with that concept but still hold out a slim hope for the main av dimension expansion

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
As a background avatar you can go to 480 pixels then just drop a blank gif in your avatar space.

Just take the blank gif from anyone using backgrounds.

Let me know if you need any help.

new topics

top topics

join