It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I would like to approach the gods on ATS Olympus, with all due humility and respect, with a suggestion regarding avatars.

It's been a while since the change to the 170x240 format. I would like to suggest a minor tweak.

Please consider extending the length from 240 to 340. I understand that ATS has a massive membership and all those avatars take up disk space and bandwidth. But the extra 100 pixels would allow so much more room to express one's self.

Example below:

On the far left, an older avatar I made before the change. In the center, the same avatar is adapted into the new format and to the right, the same adaptation that extends to 340 pixels.

The extra 100 pixels... while really not a lot in this day and age, would allow for a lot more room to add a little extra personalization to the avatar.

Thanks for your time and consideration,

-Redoubt

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

You have a bit more freedom in pixels, if you choose to use a miniprofile background..

check out this thread for details

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Thanks... I'll tinker with that concept but still hold out a slim hope for the main av dimension expansion

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
As a background avatar you can go to 480 pixels then just drop a blank gif in your avatar space.

Just take the blank gif from anyone using backgrounds.

Let me know if you need any help.

new topics

top topics

join