It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIT scientists come up with "vaccine" for all viruses called DRACO

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
Why does this discovery come along when we have movies like "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" recently released? Plus this is extremely similar to movies like "I am Legend" and "Resident Evil" where they bring out this wonder "cure for cancer/everything" and then whoooops - everybody is a Zombie!

But seriously...Draco as the name of the vaccine? The name is riddled with Esoteric meaning even though it stands for a complicated scientific word:

Draco: from Draconian. The laws for draconian punishments were said to have been written in blood.

Draco (Dracon): an Athenian lawgiver whose harsh legal code punished both trivial and serious crimes in Athens with death--hence the continued use of the word draconian to describe repressive legal measures.

Also it is interesting to point out that this Vaccine is being funded by DARPA and other defence contractors aswell.

This work is funded by a grant from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and the New England Regional Center of Excellence for Biodefense and Emerging Infectious Diseases, with previous funding from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, and Director of Defense Research & Engineering (now the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering).

Why the hell would several defence organisations be interested in a cure for viruses?

Something sounds fishy here...
edit on 23-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

Because these viruses could eventually be weaponized. Ever read Tom Clancy? He wrote a book called Executive decisions, in that an Iranian doctor successfully creates a weaponized version of the Ebola virus, which they then infect as many Americans as they can.

That type of scenario could be possible in the future, and the defense agencies would like to know that there are ways around these viruses.

This breakthrough will be a key to preventing the dangers of weaponized viruses.

Are you telling me there isn't already weaponized viruses? Pfft.. already done dude.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
WOW draco? Like hairy potter? Hes in the snake club. You know their is a constellation called draco.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jyze420

I would touch DRACO with a 10 foot barge pole......and neither would I touch most vaccines on the market right now!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Here is the ARTICAL from the MIT website

I would suggest this as good reading.

It targets the RNA in cells that are infected with viruses.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
So how does "a broad range of viruses" become "all viruses" ... ?

"broad range" hardly seems all inclusive..
edit on 23-8-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Viruses make up a lot of our dna this is our way of overcoming them like 8 percent of your dna is made up of old viruses. This would turn a normal person into a defenseless bag of meat heres your proof

lol its basically sterilizing the population they will not be able to breed maybe that's why they call it Draco
edit on 23-8-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The acronym, of course, does raise an eyebrow for some folk. Does anyone--especially anyone talking about how little some know of science ahem--know if Double-stranded RNA [dsRNA] Activated Caspase ligomerize would be the most logical descriptive?

I guess what I'm saying is that "Draco" wouldn't have as much shock value unless they had to jump through some convoluted technical terms to make it fit; as in, "I wanna name it Draco, how can I get there from here?"

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
My first thought is WOW if this thing really works then it may be a cure for aids. If that's so, then I am horribly excited. I have always felt like I missed out on the 60's. It will be the age of free love all over again
I can't wait.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
all they are doing is targeting cells with virus rna. it sounds legit. since normal human cells don't contain that specific rna it won't affect any other part of the body.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jyze420

What are the chances of naming it DRACO? This feels like a hidden code, only it's not hidden at all.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jyze420

Ok...yeah. There are problems and mis-info you need to know. Life on earth THRIVES with or without humans. Some forms of life have evolved to hijack eukaryotic life. Mitochondria and plasmids are a happy coincidence that led to life on earth as we know it. There are only 2 cells that have been proven to actually have had an influence but still they are only two examples in two kingdoms. You don't see it elsewhere.

Life is complex and simple. Viruses are not life any more than a computer virus is your computer. Would you call a virus all your computer is? no. A virus is what it is and does what it does but it is a program and nort a computer. Can you replicate life from a red blood cell? no you never can and never will

Microorganisms can be stopped, and would be with the right research. We are too busy giving ourselves boner meds and bp meds even though the effects wear off no matter what (and never matter when you are dead).

DON'T WORRY. # happens. You will die. Love life while you are in it. And the bugs will only get stronger

Find out why they get stronger, how they do it and what they do it to............screw preventing sniffles. That is way more important.
edit on 23-8-2011 by adraves because: for fun

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
To all thoes afraid of sterilization all I have to say is "day of the rope day of the rope" and to thoes that are afraid that we might turn into lizzard people I'll say this wouldn't it be awsome if you lost your arm in an accedent and could grow it back dont know about you but sounds like a positive to me, o and I am sure the ladies would like the new abilitys also.

That said I am sure they will test it well and then not release it as it would kill big farma they would stand to lose a large amount of money esp. if it helps aids or cancer.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jonco6

Why would the ladies like if they could rip my arm off and have it regrow? O.o

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Why is all science assumed to be a bad thing? This is a LONG way from even animal testing.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
SSSHHHHHHH!! THIS IS THE MIDDLE AGES DUMMY!!! SCIENCE IS EEEEEVVVILL!!!!
Lol jk, no its just cuz it seems too good to be true, and you know what they say...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by spw184

Not quite the ability I was refering to
. But I am sure they would enjoy that also when we get on their nerves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join