It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIT scientists come up with "vaccine" for all viruses called DRACO

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

MIT Lincoln Laboratory researchers develop a technique to cure a broad range of viruses

Viral pathogens pose serious health threats worldwide. For clinical viruses such as HIV or hepatitis, emerging viruses such as avian or swine influenza, and highly lethal viruses such as Ebola or smallpox that might be used in bioterrorist attacks, relatively few therapeutics or prophylactics (preventatives) exist. Most therapeutics that do exist are highly specific for one virus, are ineffective against virus strains that become resistant to them, or have adverse effects on patients.

As part of the PANACEA (for Pharmacological Augmentation of Nonspecific Anti-pathogen Cellular Enzymes and Activities) project, researchers from MIT Lincoln Laboratory have developed and demonstrated a novel broad-spectrum antiviral approach, called DRACO (for Double-stranded RNA [dsRNA] Activated Caspase
Oligomerizer). DRACO selectively induces apoptosis, or cell suicide, in cells containing any viral dsRNA, rapidly killing infected cells without harming uninfected cells. As a result, DRACO should be effective against virtually all viruses, rapidly terminating a viral infection while minimizing the impact on the patient.

Dr. Todd Rider, senior staff scientist in MIT Lincoln Laboratory's Chemical, Biological, and Nanoscale Technologies Group, invented PANACEA and the DRACO therapeutics, and led the team that developed them: Scott Wick, in charge of DRACO production; Christina Zook, in charge of cell testing; Tara Boettcher, in charge of mouse trials; and Jennifer Pancoast and Benjamin Zusman, who performed additional experiments

In work reported in the journal PLoS ONE, DRACO was shown to be effective against all 15 viruses that the team has so far tested in cells, including cold viruses (rhinoviruses), H1N1 influenza strains, adenoviruses, a stomach virus (reovirus), a polio virus, dengue fever virus, and several members of hemorrhagic fever arenavirus and bunyavirus families. DRACO was also demonstrated to be nontoxic in 11 different cell types representing various species (e.g., humans, monkeys, mice) and organ types (e.g., heart, lung, liver, kidney). In addition, experiments demonstrated that DRACO not only is nontoxic to mice but also can save mice infected with a lethal dose of H1N1 influenza. Currently, the team is testing additional viruses in mice and beginning to get promising results with those as well.

The microscope images above show that DRACO successfully treats viral infections. In the left set of four photos, rhinovirus (the common cold virus) kills untreated human cells (lower left), whereas DRACO has no toxicity in uninfected cells (upper right) and cures an infected cell population (lower right). Similarly, in the right set of four photos, dengue hemorrhagic fever virus kills untreated monkey cells (lower left), whereas DRACO has no toxicity in uninfected cells (upper right) and cures an infected cell population (lower right).

Dr. Rider says that although more extensive testing is needed, "DRACO has the potential to revolutionize the treatment and prevention of virtually all viral diseases, including everything from the common cold to Ebola." He adds, "Because the antiviral activity of DRACO is so broad spectrum, we hope that it may even be useful against outbreaks of new or mutated viruses, such as the 2003 SARS [severe acute respiratory syndrome] outbreak."
This work is funded by a grant from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and the New England Regional Center of Excellence for Biodefense and Emerging Infectious Diseases, with previous funding from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, and Director of Defense Research & Engineering (now the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering).

src www.ll.mit.edu...

Personally I think this is scary as hell, cause if this might be a true conspiracy of everyone's nightmares then it would be injecting people with a one-all cure called DRACO, what if this turns people into reptillians?

let me know if you guys think the research is legit, and your thoughts, could such a thing be possible now?

edit on 23/8/11 by masqua because: Added ex tags for external content

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This is an amazing breakthru. The name lol. but what is wild is a few months back the Illuminati Lucientaz spoke in public and said there were gonna be changes. Some changes they mentioned were 7 new planets becomming part of this SOL system from 2012 to 2019 and they mentioned CURES FOR MANY ILLNESSES SO THIS MAY BE PART OF IT. THE NAME LOL BUT 1 LOVES DRAGONS so hope it REALLY helps.

To add it may be already reptilian influence in human dna.

Be well and 1 hopes this gets to HELP the right people.

SnF nice find, interesting find.

edit on 8/23/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I AM LEGEND!

But seriously, what will happen to our immune systems when a new illness comes along, not along these viral lines? Will it know what to do, not having that old ability to attack each individual invader as it comes along?

Natural is always best in the long run.

I am not even touching on the other conspiracies possiblibly involved in this.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Why does this discovery come along when we have movies like "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" recently released? Plus this is extremely similar to movies like "I am Legend" and "Resident Evil" where they bring out this wonder "cure for cancer/everything" and then whoooops - everybody is a Zombie!

But seriously...Draco as the name of the vaccine? The name is riddled with Esoteric meaning even though it stands for a complicated scientific word:

Draco: from Draconian. The laws for draconian punishments were said to have been written in blood.

Draco (Dracon): an Athenian lawgiver whose harsh legal code punished both trivial and serious crimes in Athens with death--hence the continued use of the word draconian to describe repressive legal measures.

Also it is interesting to point out that this Vaccine is being funded by DARPA and other defence contractors aswell.

This work is funded by a grant from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and the New England Regional Center of Excellence for Biodefense and Emerging Infectious Diseases, with previous funding from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, and Director of Defense Research & Engineering (now the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering).

Why the hell would several defence organisations be interested in a cure for viruses?

Something sounds fishy here...
edit on 23-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Hail to the MIT ...what a breaktrough and I don´t think that a new vaccine which induces cell suicide could horribly backfire in any way!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
First off, could the DRACO vaccine be actually an acronym for something? Or maybe they call it DRACO because the vaccine is Exceedingly Harsh on viruses. Or another theory is it could have something to do with a new virus that will be publicly known in the next year, and they are preparing for it. And who knows? It could be part of the reptilian agenda? This world is getting crazier, and crazier each day, so I'm not going to rule anything out at this point. Just hope this vaccine isn't bunk, and gets to the general population to help hopefully.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jyze420

They are going to have to get creative to come up with a way to make the cure for all cancer SATAN.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Already been posted,mate.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
This is an amazing breakthru. The name lol. but what is wild is a few months back the Illuminati Lucientaz spoke in public and said there were gonna be changes. Some changes they mentioned were 7 new planets becomming part of this SOL system from 2012 to 2019 and they mentioned CURES FOR MANY ILLNESSES SO THIS MAY BE PART OF IT. THE NAME LOL BUT 1 LOVES DRAGONS so hope it REALLY helps.

Do you have a possible link to the illuminati speach? or know where I could find it?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

called DRACO (for Double-stranded RNA [dsRNA] Activated Caspase
Oligomerizer).

Just another one of those perfect acronyms.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Sounds like a T-virus offshoot, bring on the zombie apocolypse!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Looks good

Will wait for the first round to be given to the guini pigs though, just to make sure it doesn't create zombies...once it seems to be working fine, then fantastic...

Wonder though, how long is it from vaccine to london being vandaled by the rage infected...safe to say if there is no turning in a month, then its all good?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Just another way to take from the working man. Sometimes that occasional cold is a nice break from work. Next thing you know, they'll be taking away our sick-time!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Do you have a possible link to the illuminati speach? or know where I could find it?

Eek... as the one guy said, what if draco means somthing? And also, dragons would fit well into the illuminati mystical sybmbolism cult. Also, what if it is destructive on humans??? We all know that one of the goals of the NWO/illuminati is to erradicate like 80% of the population... Theres gonna be changes....

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jyze420

Oh, just wanted to say..
Ignore this twit..she is basically just freaking out because its advanced science she cannot comprehend. Listen to it...she says chem, bio, and nanotech science like she was just saying unholy words...lol

Basically, her argument is..nobody take this, because its satanic evil illuminati reptilian horrors..due to the fact that it is complex and science made...(omg, everyone run, they are trying to do science!)

Meh, let her type and other fools that fall for her pseudo-prophet style propaganda not take it...it doesn't matter overall. But I do suspect many of these so called conspiracy idiots like this women are actually shills trying to get questioning minds to not do things that will save their life...trimming the gullible from society.which could be argued to be a service for humanity.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
Just another way to take from the working man. Sometimes that occasional cold is a nice break from work. Next thing you know, they'll be taking away our sick-time!

Speak for yourself .... I would work an extra month a year if it meant no more colds and flues.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jyze420

Yeah the vaccine sucks, like all vaccines, blah, blah, blah! The mere mention of Reptilians in the video and I stopped listening. Whatever!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

DRACO eh?

www.masonic-secrets.com...

I read that article then watched the video.

I now am sad, I literally felt my IQ drop about 3 points!
Give me back my damned IQ!!!

I think the Illuminati put out a bunch of videos and websites about absurdly stupid reptilian illuminati things to dumb down the population, one click at a time.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Thanks for taking me to some crappy advertisement.
My friends a freemason, and im obsessed with dragons... and were not plotting to take over the world lol
>-> Dunt judge, as i highly doubt the freemasons have ANYTHING to do with THIS one.... i blame illuminati.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join