It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's a dwarfted cat in my backyard. Wish I had a digital camera.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
It's very cute, a spotty. I would adopt it but I already have four cats. So I have been feeding it. Besides it's small size it appears normal. Very shy. Stranger than a UFO really, everyone sees them.

Take care.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
dwarfted?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

It's a bonzai kitty. They make them is Japan. They're so cute with their short fat little legs.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Is there dwarf cats?!

I, must, go, research!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Oh sure, there is dwarf cats!

Dwarf cats

I learned something new today. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Damn their weird looking, I wonder how they'd move. Pretty clumsy I'd guess!

edit on 23-8-2011 by RenegadeScholar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
taking a wild stab in the dark but could dwarf cats just be kittens?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

Now then! That particular inage reminds me of a sausage dog! I have a dog which is a sausage/yorkie cross. I refer to her as a toad-in-the-hole (UK residents, if no others, should understand this!)

I would imagine they may be prone to laziness and carrying a little excess weight, if they are anything like Dachsunds.

Love the thread, OP, how lucky you are to have one!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

I've seen it climb the cinderblock wall in the back yard. The cats grow real fast. Found Ginger in the carport when I was working on my truck. You could hold him in your hand (yes, a male) now he is like a block of wood. Smolky was small enough to squeeze through a picket fence. Now very stout, all muscle. The new small cat appears to be formed normally. There's a very nice unoccupied house just across the alley. It's been unoccupied for twenty years. Maybe that's where all the cats get their start around here.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpal
taking a wild stab in the dark but could dwarf cats just be kittens?

No, they're a breed now.

cats.about.com...

Although Munchkins have only recently been accepted as a breed (in TICA, but not in CFA), they have been around for decades. Munchkins can most appropriately be described as "regular cats" with short legs.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows
It's very cute, a spotty. I would adopt it but I already have four cats. So I have been feeding it. Besides it's small size it appears normal. Very shy. Stranger than a UFO really, everyone sees them.

Take care.

Where do you live?! I want it!!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
They are a kind of stout cat. Not that flexible in the legs and they can't jump as high as a normal cat. (They will climb things though, if they figure out a way.) Body and paws are about normal size and leg joints are shortened and thicker. I suppose it's like the achondroplasia type of dwarfism in humans. Got a dwarf cat at home my cousin gave to me from one of her cat's litters.

Personality wise, she's very mellow. Pacifistic even. She seems to get upset if she accidentally bites you when playing, which is something I find funny. She also prefers hiding over any conflict with the other cats. Not that she wont defend herself, but just prefers to be alone. You can see her personality in this video. (Not sure if that's just how she is, or also a common temperament trait of dwarf cats.)

Also from what I understand there's like 4 or so independent lineages of dwarf cats. West coast U.S., Midwestern U.S. (where mine is from), U.K., and Japanese. But then again, I could be wrong...

top topics

join