It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've just been amazed by a radio message.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I love stores of timetravel and John Titor has always been a great read ..I think op that you caught a hoax transmission someone playing games and you just happened to catch it on the right frequency..Peace sugarcookie1

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Hey ATS

Assuming the OP is telling the truth:

1. It could be a hoax by someone transmitting the message from a short-distance FM transmitter in a loop.
It could be, for example, in a moving car: Record message in iPod, connect iPod to FM transmitter (49bucks at radioshack, range ~100 meters, used to listen to your iPod in the car audio system through your car radio, range 100 meters), drive around and hope someone hears it.

2. The "double click if you hear me" is a standard question in radio communications: If you can hear me, press twice the PTT (press to talk). It is used when I think that you can hear me but I am not sure I can receive you. The two clicks are much more audible than speaking.

Cheers

arit

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
OP knows damn well who John Titor is and knows he's making this up.
How can I prove this? Quite simply.
Every time his last name was spoken, and if OP is to be believed, never hearing of him till the "radio" message of his, every time his name was spoken it was pronounced "tee-tor". Even John Titor himself pronounced it as such.
Yet, miraculously, the OP knows that the name he's never heard of before is spelled "Titor".
If he had tried and spelled it "Teator" he might've been just a wee bit more credible, though not much more.

Try Harder.
Maybe "Hooked on Phonics" might help.

edit on 8/23/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/23/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

There you have it. Case closed. Wait, isn't it "possible" that he is a good speller and just guessed, or he had seen it before and didn't remember it and the spelling stuck in his mind? But, nah. Must be a liar. Deny ignorance my ass.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

A low power FM (AM is easier) transmitter isnt that hard to build.

transmitters.tripod.com...

hackaday.com...

tacashi.tripod.com...

The last one is a 30 meter range. Shouldnt take much to juice it up a bit.

At the very least, whoever did this is pretty hip!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
Star to Nikinga for a nice post. I too don't get why people are so harsh when others post things. Sometimes it seems if one doesn't agree with the whole, their beliefs are 'worthless' and 'trash' and they're lying.

Awful way to show community in a place which is to be about keeping open minds and so on. Just goes to prove that no matter where one goes, there are always those who have to be the pee in the snow.

I agree, I quit coming to this site for a long time due to people treating me and others so nasty. Other than the foul language even the people at the other site were nicer to each other. Then the site owner went nuts and started banning everyone. Too bad I have been reminded so quickly of why I left here.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by TheTrueBeliever

Why would ancients have known about broadcasts? Were they using their Flintstones rock and bamboo tube set?

exactly, that was about the same time they were building cities under the oceans and giant pyramids on land and carving massive temples out of rock, and creating batteries to power thier own forms of communications....
ok the last part was a stretch of the truth....

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
is he related to bernard schnitzel.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
is he related to bernard schnitzel.

In as much as Fry is related to Professor Farnsworth.

ie; you can titor a bernie, but you cannot schnitzel a john.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

The schnitzel is a whole other kettle of fish.

Titor's creators had a bit of intelligence, hence why the story tool hold.

The schnitzel is an absolute nut job with no intelligence.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

whoa people chill out with the "you do know him you liar" attitude
ive been hear since 09 and not heard of him
chill everyone
edit on 24-8-2011 by GezinhoKiko because: spelling

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

What was the date and time you heard this?

Thanks,

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Wow...Let's see here, the reason I spelled the name as I did...Well...I'm French Canadian and my sister's name is Tina....I hear Teetor and assumed it was spelled Titor but in French you double the T between vowels soooo...I wrote it the French way and spelled it Tittor....That's why !!!! Pure guess.

AND as I said....I have no idea if this is a hoax someone was transmitting or someone playing the Tittor story in their iPod listening to it through their FM transmitter car radio or what ever....I'm just writing what I heard.

Oh and as for the radio in my car....I drive a 1988 Plymouth the radio is original and has some presets but....the other day the roof light somehow created a short and blew a fuse, so happens it's the same fuse as the radio. I fixed the short and replaced the 15amp fuse, I just didn't program the presets. If you must know why I was going through the low end spectrum of the FM frequencies...OK...I was listening to CKQB 106.9 the bear and was on my way to station 89.9....Thus crossing channel frequency 87.3.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx2112

What was the date and time you heard this?

Thanks,

The morning I posted, 23-08-11, I'd say at about 07:40 because I was on my way to work and flipping through the channels trying to get some sort of traffic update.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Does it really matter how this all came about?

The issue to me is that this hoax is still going. At least 2 different movies have been made about this idea.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I bet it was propably an ad for a movie or a radio show.Something similar happened a couple of years ago in Greece,but with a television transimission.

Here's the story:
In the middle of the broadcasting program the screen turns black and with white letters wrote
"I wish i had a time machine,to go back and erase you"
The message lasted for a few seconds.

Of course i freaked out.I asked around and there were other people that have seen it.It turned out it was an ad for a new music record by a Greek singer.

So if it wasn't some hoaxer having fun it's propably some advertisment.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

What a ridicoulous thing to say. I have read here for many years and I've never heard of this guy.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I really like the whole Titor thing, regardless of if its myth or legend. Recently I was watching a really interesting anime based on it called Steins Gate. Pretty cool idea either way.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

So this happens on the day I feel an earthquake along with others up and down the east coast, and other places as well. I find it odd. Odd as in strange is happening right before our eyes...

Now if this T guy is for the reals or not, I don't know, but his story is truly entertaining.

Thanks for sharing.

edit on 24-8-2011 by syrinx2112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx2112

Holy crap....I didn't even put that together....The quake in VA was at what....4:45 AM and the day before there was one in Colorado as well, right ?

Dang it syrinx2112, now you've got me spooked, I've been catching up on this Tittor story, seems it's an important thing to know around here...hi hi hi.....

I don't see how he could make the ground tremble though...I don't think a time machine would be that powerful???

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
John titor hey nice try but im not convinced? he is a fraud. So you must be telling lies. Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join