It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've just been amazed by a radio message.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Now I know this might be way out there and that I'll probably get a lot of flack for what I'm about to type down but you must know that I am only doing this because I can't explain it and have a hard time dealing with it. I'm not sure what to think about it either.....

I was going through the FM dial on my car radio, I own a old car and still have to turn the dial to get a channel. I hear " ....year 2035.....This is John....Can anyone hear me...This is John Tittor....If you can hear me click twice....."

I turned the dial a couple of notches up and down to try and get a better signal but it only got worst, I could only hear the voice on channel 87.3 FM ( in Ottawa Canada ).

The voice kept repeating over and over " This is John Tittor from 2035, can you hear me......Mission is a go, I repeat, mission is a go...." The silence.

Now please....Does anyone know anything about any TV show, radio show or any form of entertainment with a name of John Tittor or any sci fi movie of the sorts ???? I thought that it was kind of a weird thing to hear on the radio and it was only for about a minute then the channel just went completely dead ????

Could be nothing, just asking. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
already some google pages about it... hmmm interesting

www.google.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

Hey.. some type of time travel thing....here is a link.

johntitor.com...

Here is the patent info for his time travel machine:

www.freepatentsonline.com...
edit on 23-8-2011 by Minori because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

fraud???

see: en.wikipedia.org...

from 2001, and fake..

more in a minute...

seeya

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I don't know why you would here that on the radio but there is a thread here on ATS about John Titor.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
from wikipedia...

"Other problems with the story include inconsistencies relative to Titor's comments.

His first appearance appears to have been, not in 2000,

but in the summer of 1998 through two faxes to Art Bell's radio program Coast to Coast AM.

When he began posting the online story, Y2K (1-1-2000) had come and gone without any real problems.

Yet in the 1998 faxes to Art Bell he said, "Y2K is a disaster.
Many people freeze to death trying to get to warmer weather.

The gov. tries to keep power by instituting marshall [sic] law..." [23]

In the online story he stated that a part of his mission was to prevent the coming world war
by changing history.

Yet during October 2000, a month before he began posting,
he appeared in the UK IRC chatroom. In the chat log his response
to Yariesa's question (asking if we could change the future from his prediction)
was, "It's too late. I just wish things didn't have to happen the way they will."

+ i dont find much PROOF for any other John Titor stuff...

sorry

seeya

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Oh come on! everyone has heard of John Titor.

OP, you're either lying or you've been had by some amateur radio broadcaster playing games.

edit on 23/8/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Whoa.....WTH ??? I don't get it ???

Someone screwing with a local FM frequency on the FM dial ??? Why pick 87.3 ???? This is the first I hear about this John Tittor....Hell I even took a chance on the spelling....LOL...I'm French Canadian....I thought it might be Tettor or Tetton ...LOL....

Well I'll be darned !!!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Someone screwing with a local FM frequency on the FM dial

Most likely.

87.3 isn't a dedicated radio channel in Ottawa...ottawastart.com...

And it's very easy to set up a short range fm transmitter, bit more difficult to create a long range one, so where ever you were when you heard it, you were in close proximity to the person transmitting.

edit on 23/8/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I think the OP is quite aware of John Titor hence saying he will probably get flack for his story.

But as you think it is probably some Titor show that's running, but, interesting indeed. Let's see what others have to say.

edit on 8/23/2011 by qonone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

There is no way you are on ATS and haven't heard of John Tittor.

That said, I do find it interesting that you nailed the spelling. Very interesting.

I could have swore this con-artist said he was from 2036. So what, now he's transmitting radio signals back in time, from a year before his time machine (which he tried to patent but apparently the military is the one who ones it, i know, doesn't make any sense to me either.) is activated?

The guy is/was a hoax and the site admins of the sites he was frequenting could have simply IP traced him to prove his location.

His hoax is one of my favorites.

first, he's traveled through time back to get an incredibly old computer to "save the future" (sci fi original anyone?) but he hasn't actually traveled through time, he's merely popped over into our "worldline". And this is where it gets funny.

He refuses to post any information that in any way could prove his story. His time machine is merely army surplus equipment. Anything he says that he is correct about it's because he's from the future, anything that is wrong is merely a symptom of our "worldline" diverging from his "worldline".

Now, his reasoning for not proving his story is he doesn't want to change the way things are supposed to be, but my friends, he already forgot his lie about "worldlines" and how changes here can't affect his worldline as they are separate, so any changes made here can't effect his worldline.

It's complete BS based loosely in science. The entire story is ridiculous and is manufactured in a way that makes it impossible to prove it, and of course disprove it, by design.

Now i ask for some ATS help. Within the past 2 months someone posted a thread about picking up random radio signals I believe on their PC and that some of the words sounded like a warning or something. Anyone remember that thread? I'm having trouble finding it.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Interesting story but can't help but feel we're being played here. Too bad, I would really love to see some proof that Titor did really exist.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I come on here and read some of the stuff I think is interesting, mainly UFO stuff....The John Tittor thing you are all referring to and the flack I think I'm going to get is just because the name rang a bell....This is why I came here to post and thought I might get some flack.

I honestly never read the story you are all talking about....I've just started pulling stuff up based on your postings....

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Not saying I believe the OP....

But I've been on ATS a few years already and never heard or knew of john Tittor until about a month ago or two ago, only then when I googled around I saw ats threads on him but had no idea this person or whatever he is existed.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well, I had never heard of this Tittor dude until reading this thread, so it's not impossible.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Who is John Titor? I didn't realise their was a rule where you had to know of this person before we signed up lol

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Micro broadcasting is possible and legal in the U.S. though I don't know about Canada.

They use it for homes for sale where you just drive by and the sign tells you to tune your FM to a certain channel,then you can hear the specifics of the home played on an endless loop.

There is also a free app for iPhones that allows you to find unused FM channels in your local area.

I am sure that is what you tuned into.

Someone broadcasting an endless loop on a micro channel trolling for some one to take the bait.
edit on 23-8-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Never heard of the man until today.
So was he supposed to be broadcasting to people from the year 2035???
Not so sure about sure about this one???

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

There is no way you are on ATS and haven't heard of John Tittor.

Lots of sweeping generalisations and presumptions going on here. I had never heard of John Titor until I read this thread.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
SO what does John Tittor have to do with 2012? Is there something that connects this hoax with the 2012 hoax?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join