It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Challenge to Atheists!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by Osvaldo

You are not a student of physics are you ? The spontaneous combustion you speak of is a slow process . The Meteorite is a crushing explosive situation a bomb is a limited coverage device . But you don't care , you will not check it out you don't want to know, you just want in desparation to be right . You will live on in your own deception .

It was actually me, who brought it up first. So please direct your wrath and character analyzing my way. Osvaldo is innocent.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

in the sense of knowing, accepting and tolerating the foibles of the human race, i've often wondered if that phrase ~~ Son of God ~~ resulted from a mere mis-print or mis-spelling ... hence ... Sun of God which does seem to make a whole lot more sense when contemplating the Universal view of things.

*** from the wide selection of scriptures i've read, the repetition is unmistakable ...
WE are ALL children of God.
in case there is any doubt or confusion, that statement includes all sons and daughters.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

We all are descendants of the crew of Noah's Ark . Jesus is the Son of God and our Lord and Savior . Jesus is the Lord God that came down and took flesh . We live in a time continuum that required the Lord to actually take on flesh in order to live among us . The Great I AM that has always been came down to be offered as the acceptable sacrifice for sin . Jesus our Lord prayed to God the Father when he was down here . He was following the will of the Father when he made intercession for us . We are not all followers of Christ our Lord . Some of us needs no intercession , needs no one to lean on , we will do it our way . If you read the Bible there is a plan laid out by God the Father and though many thought that they could see it happening in their own time they were not close . The fact that Israel has become a nation again is the missing KEY that those of past times missed .All things are in place except that the Temple has not been rebuilt . The Antichrist should bring about that event as he needs it to complete Gods plan . The Alter of God has been fabbed and ready to go . Animal sacrifice could begin soon and preceeds the Temple. Jesus ' shed blood is the only way to the Father . The way of Oprah is a dead end . Yes we are all childern of God but few are the washed in the BLOOD . Have you been born again , washed in the blood of Christ Jesus ?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I would like to return to OP, because it seems to me, that there is a point here, which hasn't been explained.

In OP it is stated:

["If everything around us is energy that means that all the energy was there at the big bang and prior to it."]

I'm curious as to the "prior to it". This is a version of the Big Bang theory, I have never met before, and maybe a comment on this would be appropriate.

edit on 27-8-2011 by bogomil because: typo

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

You wrote:

["The Alter of God has been fabbed and ready to go . Animal sacrifice could begin soon and preceeds the Temple."]

I unfortunately got lost here, partly because my english doesn't contain 'fabbed', and partly because I don't understand the need for animal sacrifices. Who demands such sacrifices and why?

And is this somehow part of a challenge to atheists?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Hey just been waiting for the flames to die down.
The reason I said that the energy must have been there prior to the big bang, is because then there had to be something before the big bang as the energy could not have come from nothing.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adurna
reply to post by bogomil

The reason I said that the energy must have been there prior to the big bang, is because then there had to be something before the big bang as the energy could not have come from nothing.

I see. A constructed circle-argument meant for starting a debate (outside REAL science ofcourse).
edit on 28-8-2011 by bogomil because: typo

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

You may be right, again, our universe could be contained within a macro cell containing many universes, there's a possibility that many die out and don't form gallaxies before they collapse (if they collapse)

Maybe infinity is the answer. It's too vague a concept for our curious human minds though

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by underspace

I didnt say the Scriptures were false did I? I said the image Christians made of Him. Do you not understand, Christians did not write the Scriptures? They werent even around yet till a few hundred years after most of the New Testament books.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Oh god here come the flame wars. What a terrible post.. "Lets see who can prove my imagination wrong".

Well, whatever keeps you sailing through the day.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Let me be clear with that, do not come on here making a thread "Challenging Atheists".
That is mere ignorance.
You do not know what comes next. You do not know if your religion is right. Tom Jones down the street believes in the catholic word of god. Al-Hashim across the globe believes by killing himself and other 'infidels' he will get 72 virgins. Yes, some are more ridiculous than others. However, none of you know for sure. So do not come on here saying you do. Because you don't. For all we know a giant squirrel could have made us.

But hey, what do I know. Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ka119

You wrote:

["Let me be clear with that, do not come on here making a thread "Challenging Atheists"."]

Ofcourse not, it's just taking another preaching opportunity via pseudo-rationalism; in the hope that HAMMERING the 'message' home will do, what the lack of a real rational content will do.

The pseudo-rational part fizzled out very quick, but was apparently never meant to be important anyway.

There never was a 'challenge', just a sermon.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

It is impossible to understand God. First of all we cant bring him down to our level and ask why he had motivation. He is not like us. We barely understand the human condition so how are we meant to understand Him?
Why is this a fantasy if we have proofs in the Holy Book which I wager none have you have actually read.

I have read it. I was a christian for over 20 years.

Now, if it is impossible to understand god, how can you speak on his behalf? How do you know you are communicating what he meant to be communicated? How do you know ancient people got it right, as he is impossible to fathom?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

I essentially pointed out the exact same thing to the OP in this post, but they never replied.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by ka119

You wrote:

["Let me be clear with that, do not come on here making a thread "Challenging Atheists"."]

Ofcourse not, it's just taking another preaching opportunity via pseudo-rationalism; in the hope that HAMMERING the 'message' home will do, what the lack of a real rational content will do.

The pseudo-rational part fizzled out very quick, but was apparently never meant to be important anyway.

There never was a 'challenge', just a sermon.

Whats new here, just a bunch of people drowning in their ignorance, thinking they can convert the masses. In the evolutionary chain there is no back tracking, so I believe religion is seeing its final days. (obviously thats an exaggerated estimate)
Seriously though, I believe to each his own. If it comforts you to believe a big man with a beard is watching over you, so be it. It comforts kids believing Santa will bring them presents on Christmas.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ka119

Religions come and go, very few people (if any) still believe in Zeus.

It's wise to understand them, the techniques they use and how they come about.

Such modern examples are Mormonism and Scientology.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverForget
reply to post by ka119

Religions come and go, very few people (if any) still believe in Zeus.

It's wise to understand them, the techniques they use and how they come about.

Such modern examples are Mormonism and Scientology.

Northern mythology has for years had official revival activities, though not on the world-monoply seeking level. Altogether it's rather harmless in a social and academic context.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Altogether it's rather harmless in a social and academic context.

I guess so, but such faith religions provide a perfect birthing place for frauds, charlatans and huxsters as the requirement for submission rests on gullibility.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverForget
reply to post by bogomil

Altogether it's rather harmless in a social and academic context.

I guess so, but such faith religions provide a perfect birthing place for frauds, charlatans and huxsters as the requirement for submission rests on gullibility.

The version I joined for a while, in my capacity of participating observer, was rather on shamanistic lines, with a lot of direct-experience methods involved. There was practically zero doctrinalism present, and it was done with much global trans-cultural interchange.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

I see, like Taoism?

Or perhaps Zen Bhuddism?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join