It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Higgs boson may be a mirage, scientists hint

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The Higgs Boson was a false flag tool. It was hyped up in the media to gather suport for the uber-expensive LHC. The LHC is not what people are lead to believe it is.
Soon the truth about the purpose of the LHC will be known, but it will be too late to do anything about it.

Hey, this is ATS!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by N34Li3Z

Explanation: S&F!

CERN's statement said new results, which updated findings that caused excitement at another scientific gathering in Grenoble last month, "show that the elusive Higgs particle, if it exists, is running out of places to hide."

IT's The OBSERVER, who does what...? Oh yes... COLLAPSES the wave function [ie giving it gravita in more ways than one] that is the Higgs Boson and no wonder they can't find it as they ARE it!

edit on 23-8-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling.

so the act of observing something gives it mass?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by N34Li3Z

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - Scientists chasing a particle they believe may have played a vital role in creation of the universe indicated on Monday they were coming to accept it might not exist after all.

Well strike me down with a feather boa, who would have guessed it? (apart from all the people on ATS of course lol) Perhaps now people will start to understand why TPTB built the LHC in the first place, all will be revealed in a year or so (if we are still here)
edit on 24-8-2011 by franspeakfree because: glitch in the martrix

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by notionfreely

Explanation: Yes! Otherwise it is in a superposition state where it both has no mass and has infinite mass and has a little mass and has a lot of mass all at the same time etc.

Until an outside observer ....observes exactly what it is by just observing it [and thereby automatically collapsing its wave function] and breaking the superposition symmetry [

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I have this book, i've read it numerous times, excellent book! And then i found something greater
something that blows even this out of the water...
hint, it's in bright orange and it's got a link
attached to it.

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
The entire universe is an illusion, not just the Higgs. The electric universe is looking sexier and sexier as I get older and wiser.

Hindus have been saying the same thing for a long time, referring to this perception of our universe existing as "Maya"

Maya (Sanskrit माया māyāa[›]), in Indian religions, has multiple meanings, usually quoted as "illusion", centered on the fact that we do not experience the environment itself but rather a projection of it, created by us. Maya is the principal deity that manifests, perpetuates and governs the illusion and dream of duality in the phenomenal Universe. For some mystics, this manifestation is real.[1] Each person, each physical object, from the perspective of eternity, is like a brief, disturbed drop of water from an unbounded ocean. The goal of enlightenment is to understand this — more precisely, to experience this: to see intuitively that the distinction between the self and the Universe is a false dichotomy. The distinction between consciousness and physical matter, between mind and body (refer bodymind), is the result of an unenlightened perspective.

I am in agreement, my question is why?

en.wikipedia.org...

This theory is also supported in great detail in a book, The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot, one of my favorite books.

Talbot's book The Holographic Universe, which has become his most popular,[4] explores the metaphysical implications that underline quantum mechanics and suggests that the universe is a hologram (metaphorically speaking). After examining the work of physicist David Bohm and neurophysiologist Karl Pribram, both of whom independently arrived at holographic theories or models of the universe, the book argues that a holographic model could possibly explain supersymmetry and also various paranormal and anomalous phenomena and is the basis for mystical experience.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Shocking, you mean the higgs boson may very well be another mathematical construct to instruct our thinking rather than be a physical object? Sounds like most of particle physics and quantum theory in general. If you're going to search for a giant particle you can hold in your hand that reads "HI, MY NAME IS HIGGS BOSON", you're not going to find it, and you never will.

Quantum theory is mathematical, not classical (people need to understand this, especially non-physicists). That doesn't mean you dismiss it because it doesn't produce classical results-- if it helps bridge you from point A to point B, then it has served its purpose, and until it has or it can be improved/replaced with equally satisfying results, you're stuck with its' deductive existence.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - Scientists chasing a particle they believe may have played a vital role in creation of the universe indicated on Monday they were coming to accept it might not exist after all.

But they stressed that if the so-called Higgs boson turns out to have been a mirage, the way would be open for advances into territory dubbed "new physics" to try to answer one of the great mysteries of the cosmos.

The CERN research center, whose giant Large Hadron Collider (LHC) has been the focus of the search, said it had reported to a conference in Mumbai that possible signs of the Higgs noted la
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
www.msnbc.msn.com
www.nytimes.com
esciencenews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Hint of Elusive Higgs Boson: An Update from the Large Hadron Collider
Cern scientists suspect glimpse of Higgs boson 'God particle'
Large Hadron Collider they expect to discover the Higgs boson particle by the end of 2012!
SCI/TECH: Higgs Boson Particle Possibly Found

I am not a scientist but I told it 10 years ago : that HIGGS BOSON PARTICLE can not exist because if it was so massive it should have been seen a long time ago ...
why would you think energy should become matter by the help of some other massive "particle" ???
matter does NOT exist - it is an illusion - look at other threads about matter etc ...
it's all about ENERGY !! levels of ENERGY !!!
your fingertips never touch another fingertip, the electrons of your fingertip atoms never can touch other electrons or they would repulse each other !!!
so the feeling of touch, the feeling of matter is just the feeling of electron repulsion !!!
ok, read about it, I am going to sleep ... have nice dreams !!
edit on 26-8-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
What a waste. What the heck throw in a few more trillion to look for the goddamn particle. Maybe they need to find the devil particle first, oh wait, that's THC

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by notionfreely

Explanation: Yes! Otherwise it is in a superposition state where it both has no mass and has infinite mass and has a little mass and has a lot of mass all at the same time etc.

Until an outside observer ....observes exactly what it is by just observing it [and thereby automatically collapsing its wave function] and breaking the superposition symmetry [

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Physicists at Fermilab using the Tevatron collider hope to have enough data by the end of this month (Sept. 2011) to confirm the existence, or non-existence of the Higgs boson.

If the answer is no, scientists around the globe will have to rethink the 40-year-old Standard Model of particle physics which describes how they believe the cosmos works.

I guess we don't yet know everything about everything

Meanwhile at CERN:

CERN's director-general Rolf Heuer has said he expects proof one way or another to emerge in 2012, at the end of which the $10 billion LHC will shut down for a year to be prepared for collisions at twice the present force.

Wow, "collisions at twice the present force".
Are they going to overclock it?

Source

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join