It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious Segue' From the Colorado Quake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I do not usually post in the Fragile Earth forum although I have followed a few stories here from time to time.
This morning while watching the news I saw the story about the EQ in CO last night. The reporter said that quakes are rare in this area and that this one was the largest in forty years. That got me thinking that there should be a thread about this quake on ATS. I logged in to see what was being said. To my surprise there was very little except for a few posts in the EQ watch thread. My next thought was. well maybe they're not so rare and a 5.0 is really not a hugh deal anyway. I decided to google a history of earthquakes in Colorado to see what was up. I found this brief paper at the USGS.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

The curious part was when they talked about the drilling of wells to take on waste water and the effect it had on the seismology of the area. That got me thinking about the flooding in the central part of the country this past spring and early summer. I know absolutely nothing about earth quakes beyond what the common person who does not live in an earthquake zone would know. ( mainly that they dont happen to me ) .
I am not a fear or doom and gloom kind of person. This is genuine curiosity and I hope that someone who knows more about waters effect on earthquakes can fill me in on their take on things. I will also look myself for any published data on this phenomena .

edit on 23-8-2011 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
oooh a blank post lol......press the keys in front of you until you have at least of couple of sentences, then press the post button

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Colorado quake discussed here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

OOPS
I hit the enter button when I wanted the tab button. Its filled in now. Sorry guys. Its early here in Virginia and my fingers really don't like to work before at least two cups of coffee.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Yeah yeah, I have another question.
Sorry about the blank page. It's fixed now.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Mostly what I am finding is information on earthquakes causing floods but not the other way around. Going back to the USGS article to see the name of the mining company and see if I can find anything down that corridor.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The company responsible for the drilling was the Rocky Mountain Arsenal . They produced chemical weapons for the military. This site is now under the Super Fund for cleanup of the most toxic sites in the U.S.

www.cdphe.state.co.us...

www.epa.gov...

Interesting, but still nothing about the flooding causing the earthquakes beyond speculation that it caused it at this site back in the 60's.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

I read somewhere they were depositing Methane in the wells. NOW WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT? I think if we find that to be true whoever is responsible should suffer consequences. I mean...WHY would you put gas into the Earth.

I wish they would just leave the digging and fracking and CERN'S out of the equation so "they" do not look so dang STUPID! Where is common sense?

www.energyjustice.net...

www.hollandhart.com...

I ETA these above links as I would say this may be the cause of the EQ. Where else is this happening? See for yourself!!! Some people are just plain stupid! I hate to say it but why do WE not have a say so in our own life and human race?
edit on 23-8-2011 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

haha cool cool i knew it wasnt intentional hence the lil joke haha

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
They are fracking in that area. I don't know if that caused the
earthquake or not but it does make one wonder.

Recently the CEO of Halliburton came to Denver and drank
a glass of fracking fluid. No one knows how he is doing.
edit on 23-8-2011 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Now that's curious. I've been reading up on the activities at CERN and at Fermilab because I have an interest in quantum physics as it relates to witchcraft. I do not see a connection to their work and earthquakes. What is your take on that?
Thanks

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by MamaJ

Now that's curious. I've been reading up on the activities at CERN and at Fermilab because I have an interest in quantum physics as it relates to witchcraft. I do not see a connection to their work and earthquakes. What is your take on that?
Thanks

CERN and RHIC are deep within our Earth for miles! It generates a lot of unknowns and Energy to an already energetic Planet/Cosmos. It seems like a no brainer to me that if you drill the resources out of the Planet, add gases to it, energize it, and drill to only add back in gas and or water....the effect will not be in the Planet's favor.

It just seems crazy to me!

Don't get me wrong....love science and physics but I am not about to risk my race nor my family to learn something.

Check out those links I provided....they are telling, thats for sure!
edit on 23-8-2011 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Thanks I will go ahead and read those.
I know CERN is wide, 17 miles, but I did not think it was that deep. The midwest US is riddled with tunnels going under the Rockies and the east coast has dozens of tunnels that go under our bays and rivers. Plus all of NYC is undercut with subways and subterrainian tunnels for sewage. NY is on a fault line. One that does not see much activity at all but I wonder what an EQ there would do ?
NY's tunnels are dug into bedrock as much of the top soil in that part of the state was pulled away by receding glaciers at the end of the last ice age. The topsoil was very shallow on the island of Manhattan. The city is built right on top of the bedrock.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by MamaJ

Thanks I will go ahead and read those.
I know CERN is wide, 17 miles, but I did not think it was that deep. The midwest US is riddled with tunnels going under the Rockies and the east coast has dozens of tunnels that go under our bays and rivers. Plus all of NYC is undercut with subways and subterrainian tunnels for sewage. NY is on a fault line. One that does not see much activity at all but I wonder what an EQ there would do ?
NY's tunnels are dug into bedrock as much of the top soil in that part of the state was pulled away by receding glaciers at the end of the last ice age. The topsoil was very shallow on the island of Manhattan. The city is built right on top of the bedrock.

The energy the CERN puts off and let us not forget the unknown particles that escape. Who knows? I sure don't.

NY has been having EQ's..... one just a little while ago. Small ...but do have them.

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Thanks saw that. And New Jersey. Very small but interesting.

top topics

join