It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Report Offers Smoking Gun Proof of NATO & U.S. Lies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling
You think a reporter is going to put themselves in danger? LOL no, they will stage a similar scene and send that over the feed. They just write their own version of that the military press guy said (or told them to say basically).

I would too lol

edit on 23-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

Wow, you are naive as well as uneducated about media and military imbedding, which even the Taliban have allowed.

List of war correspondants from around the globe

You guys need to get out of the house more often and take the tin foil hats off.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

You think a reporter is going to put themselves in danger? LOL no, they will stage a similar scene and send that over the feed. They just write their own version of that the military press guy said (or told them to say basically).

I would too lol

Wow, you are naive as well as uneducated about media and military imbedding, which even the Taliban have allowed.

List of war correspondants from around the globe

You guys need to get out of the house more often and take the tin foil hats off.

I know they do go out there, but we also know they do stage photographs.

Reuters have been caught at it many times.
You can see some examples here..
www.google.com...

we all know the military have a press room for the press, we all know they pick what questions they want to answer.

We all know propaganda is also central to winning wars.

Probably the most famous (to me) war reporter was Kate Adie, en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I know they do go out there, but we also know they do stage photographs.

Reuters have been caught at it many times.

we all know the military have a press room for the press, we all know they pick what questions they want to answer.

Right, but the problem you and several others seem to have is the manner in which you use information. Instead of stating that journalists do imbed into military units, which you just acknowledged occurs, you instead make a statement that they wouldnt do it.

Knowing that journalists have staged photos, which we all know occurs, you instead make the claim all media does it.

You guys make an argument using omissions and half truths, which is problematic.

You guys really need to base your argument on verifiable facts, instead of the blind hatred for the US and anything west. Before you protest your innocence you should go back and look at your post history, along with a fw others in this thread, who make claims without posting supporting documents. when called you, you guys either ignore it, or make the claim its off topic and you wont supply the documents (even though you taook it off topic), you guys ignore any source that doesnt support your view while trying to manipulate other media that does, only to find out the source was storm front and a neo nazi website.

Make your agument, put it in context, supply documents / sources to verify, and you will have a much better chance of persuading people to your point of view.

absent that, the spectacle you guys put on is just sad and is reminiscent of Bahgdad Bob, Husseins Minister of Propoganda. He used the same technique and looked like a misinformed fool in the process.

respectfully.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Probably the most famous (to me) war reporter was Kate Adie, en.wikipedia.org...

Ok, most famous to you for? You included her wiki and she looks like she is good and knows here stuff. You poted it right after media using propoganda. Are you pointing out that she used propoganda and faked news broadcasts, or were you syaing media does fake stuff, and thislady does not and is good?

just wanting clarification.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Ok, most famous to you for? You included her wiki and she looks like she is good and knows here stuff. You poted it right after media using propoganda. Are you pointing out that she used propoganda and faked news broadcasts, or were you syaing media does fake stuff, and thislady does not and is good?

just wanting clarification.

I was just putting out a name that is famous for me for military embedded war reporting as was stated in the post I was replying to. Nothing more.

I was also saying that Reuters (and probably other agencies) have been caught faking staged photographs.

That is the reality of war reporting, you have to not stop thinking when you read or watch the news and associated media.

Be objective, look what is there, what should be there and what is not there, is it too sanatised, sterile etc.

We all know media has political agendas and alignments, especially during war and especially during elections.

Don't stop thinking.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

I agree with the dont stop thinking. What I take exception to is the constant argument from certain people that ignore anything doesnt support their argument. For example I am involved in another thread with another member on a similar topic. PressTV used to be acceptable to that person as a source, until they reported the same thing Western Media ws with regards to Libya.

PressTV is no longer acceptable to that person, who ow says its controlled by theWest.

See the problem there.

I have no issues with legitimate complaints against anything, including western media who intentionally mis reports. However, its not solely isolated to the West, and some peope canty get that through their heads.

People make claims and refuse to provide their sources to that source to support their claim...

Some of the people in these threds are just as bad about propoganda as the media sources they accuse.

This is why I ask for sources.... We should always seek the truth, regardless of where it may be at.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm worried about the United States of America, not Lybia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Istanbul, Dubi, but the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA...

I honestly could care less about any other country than my own right now because as my mom always told me when I told her I was having a kid, or when I wanted a pet...

"How can you take of someone else when you can't even take care of yourself?"

All these other countries problems need to left for them to deal with it. Maybe when we can set a good example of how things should be done we could offer advise, but why in the hell would you want the US government to help you out when we can't even help ourselves? Hell you want our government, take it. We need a new one anyways. You may as well take our constitution too because we haven't used it in years. The only time we do use it is to add Amendments "changes" to it, usually making something we fought for null and void.

Slavery never died... it just morphed into government run society controlled by big business...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
here's one the favorites of all time...

it missed the academy awards however

and one more cool pic

edit on Aug-23-2011 by xuenchen because:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Wait and see what we do to Noble Peace prize winners !

Secondline

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
Wait and see what we do to Noble Peace prize winners !

Secondline

Make them President with no expericnce except for Chicago politics?
edit on 23-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
An article is suggesting that Al-Jazeera is also faking it up !

Surpassing previous mass media fabrications, both in scale and boldness, yesterday morning's Al Jazeera mise-en-scène will surely go down in history as one of the most cynical hoaxes committed by corporate media since the manipulated pictures of Iraqis topplying Saddam Hussein's statue after the US invasion in 2003.

On the morning of August 22nd 2011, Al Jazeera aired a 'live' report from Green Square in Tripoli,which claimed to show the capture of the Libyan capital by rebel forces. Scenes of jubilation and euphoria enveloped Al Jazeera's reporter Zeina Khodr as she declared: " Liya is in the hands of the opposition''

The images were immediately reproduced throughout the global media complex, with headlines trumpeting the 'end of the Gaddafi regime' and editorials throughout the corporate media world speculating about the post-Gaddafi future of Libya.

From the makers of "Gaddafi is killing his own people" Doha studio presents" The Libyan Revolution"

The site has some videos too.

In fact, the Al Jazeera pictures from Green Square were an elaborate and criminal hoax. The report had been prefabricated in a studio in Doha Qatar . This information had been passed onto Libyan intelligence and the Libyan people had already been warned about the qatari psyops a couple of days previously on Rayysse state television.

has anyone noticed how the "live on the scene" reports on CNN look a little "funny" ?
especially the women reporter dressed in the army uniform while all the "soldiers" are walking around with no armour at all !!

and the loud explosions heard while the soldiers seem all cool calm and collected !!

I just saw another report too .... a reporter is ducking from an explosion while what appears to be unphased tourists taking pictures in the background !!!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I find it interesting that you guys use personal blogs as a bonaifed / reliable media source. You do understand they are completely different right?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

reply to post by xuenchen

I find it interesting that you guys use personal blogs as a bonaifed / reliable media source. You do understand they are completely different right?

I beg your pardon ?

I never wrote it was from, as you say, "a bonaifed / reliable media source" !!!!!!!!

Just presenting somebody elses point of view, and the pictures look a little "off" to me.

My point of view is focused on the CNN reporting.

What I see is what I say.

edit on Aug-24-2011 by xuenchen because:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
This CNN masterpiece was aired Monday I think !!!!!

Yesterday, CNN International made a rather significant error while talking to Sara Sidner from Tripoli. The on-screen graphic showed a map highlighting the city of Tripoli in Lebanon, instead of the city of Tripoli in Libya, where the actual fighting continues to rage on:

and then they weren't even sure themselves !!!!

Tripoli, Libya and Tripoli, Lebanon are not only in different countries, they are on different continents. A check of TVEyes shows that CNNI had on-air graphics showing the correct Tripoli as of this morning.

Update: CNN International has released a correction: “Yesterday, 22 August, CNN mistakenly showed a map with Tripoli in Lebanon. We made the correction immediately and we regret the error.”

OOPS!

the best part is: There Actually IS a Tripoli Lebanon !!

unless they meant THIS place

I guess we see what's coming up NEXT !

edit on Aug-25-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
and this GEM

Libya / Incredible media lies - BBC shows "Green Square" in INDIA, 24 August 2011

half way through at 0:30 see the flags are from India .... not Libya !!!!
but the screen says LIVE TRIPOLI

the red/white/black flag might be Egypt ??

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join