It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you educate sheeple and make them believe in the truth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Sheeple as in those who put their entire faith in the government, trust the banks and debunk every conspiracy on the planet.
I'm finding it hard to convince my friends that they better prepare for the coming economic meltdown/recession, but they dismiss it as a stupid conspiracy theory and that the Government will always make things better.

I mean like....damn. Its like talking to a brick wall when they're so poisoned with mainstream media BS!

And plus the other day, I angered a couple of people because I said our tax payers dollars and soldiers lives are being used by the Government to initiate illegal wars for their political and economical gain. Its as if its OK to send our soldiers to wars based on lies to these people who trust the Government so much...

edit on 23-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

This situation is nothing new. It is as old as man. Remember the Matrix? That is the truth told by people who know the score. Many of the sheep would kill to preserve the very system that one day will slaughter them. It is like when a cop gets hit in the back of the head with a hammer by an abused wife when the cop tries to arrest her abuser. It has always been this way and will always be.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I would like to ask how should we prepare for the future?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 23-8-2011 by ThinkingMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I tell my family and friends to be aware of it. We joke about it, they'll bring up to others that I'm "into that kind of stuff", most of the time I will get scoffed, but the friends who want to talk about it, have slowly been "waking up", those are the people I talk to when it comes up. You can't convince everyone, and you simply won't until that moment when everyone else wakes up. It took me 7 years to convince my parents of some of the things I was going on about. I learned two things from it. They have heard this stuff before and really, their old enough to not care. They're not analytical like us. That's a lot of layers of complex thinking. It takes time, sometimes, it won't matter. There are friends I hope burn with the world and wake up at the last moment. There have been people I've been warning, talking to for years. They might not believe everything I've put in front of them, but even so, you have to take a lot of these things with a grain of salt.

I don't know. Different strokes to rule the world. Just don't lose any sleep over it. Take care of yourself first and foremost.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I don't know what you've learned, but I can share some a little of what I have.
One thing I have learned is to not think of anyone as sheeple.

Thinking like this does not only disservice to others but to ones self as well.
The very act of thinking in terms such as this word connotes, establishes in ones mind a certain false sense of superiority which effects ones interaction with others.

And who wants to listen to some know-it-all who sounds authoritarian anyway. You don't !

Just saying.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
As with any debate, present your argument and prepare your rebuttal. If this fails, then you can't be shown to be frustrated, just be glad you had a go and try again another time. We can't convince everyone as some people are just plain ignorant.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Find the little things that they can't fight. Like you can't feed the homeless ect. But I love using the Governments words to win the fight. they lie so much its easy. You can start with the old birth C stuff and them saying (the first time) we lost it when the records went from paper to computer. O wait Trump looked and now we have it.

Or the old bush watched the planes it the building from his hotel room on 9/11. Then this is where the fun begins because if they say your wrong they can't they can only say the government got it wrong, and if that's the truth why do they believe in something that gets it wrong all the time??

(hope it makes sense not awake yet)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
I mean like....damn. Its like talking to a brick wall when they're so poisoned with mainstream media BS!

I couldn't agree more. Which is why as time has gone by I have pretty much stopped trying to present the information, or possibility, to the people that don't, can't or won't believe.

I think the saying that is appropriate here is "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink".

In my experience so far, when people are ready, willing or able to consider a viewpoint which does not fall within that presented by the MSM or is considered the general consensus, they'll seek out someone (maybe you?) that has a different spin on things, particularly if something you once mentioned to them starts to ring true.

I feel for you. It can feel frustrating, but consider it like this; You have your views, beliefs and reasons for putting faith in them. If someone came along and told you it was all rubbish, would you immediately embrace their view/belief system in place of your own?

Keep your chin up, when the time is right for them, they'll come to you is my bet.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

What do you believe will happen if the global economy crashes? Systems have crashed
throughout history without anything of much consequence resulting from it... The collapse
of the soviet union in 1991 and the wall street crash/depression of 1929 are good examples
from recent history. Sure they are world changing events and cause hardship for the those
caught up in them, but people are very resilient and adapt quicky to change. maybe your
friends don't want to be worrying about what ifs all the time, when life is already stressful
enough as it is
when/if TSHTF the normal people who you refer to as sheeple are the
ones who roll up their sleeves and work hard to clean up the mess, not the phony politicians
or people screaming i told you so...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

I understand but they label us as CONSPIRACY NUTS!

Aren't they also showing their superiority to us then?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

But this economic collapse will be worse than ever before because every country literally cannot pay back the huge debts they owe each other. They could just pardon all the debts but thats highly unlikely. They will probably have to reverse the economic clock and start again but right now they are just making the bubble bigger just to keep investors happy, which ofcourse involves massive fraud and lies by Banks and Governments.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

I don't know what you've learned, but I can share some a little of what I have.
One thing I have learned is to not think of anyone as sheeple.

Thinking like this does not only disservice to others but to ones self as well.
The very act of thinking in terms such as this word connotes, establishes in ones mind a certain false sense of superiority which effects ones interaction with others.

And who wants to listen to some know-it-all who sounds authoritarian anyway. You don't !

Just saying.

Excellent reply, an enlightened viewpoint that many people on ATS should take on board. In my humble opinion we are all here as individuals to learn and at all different levels. The word 'sheeple' itself is denigratory and says more about the person who says it than it can describe any group of people. What I live by is the fact that we all die alone. Our last breath will be our own private moment, after that breath exhales who knows? religions try to answer this conundrum but only those who have taken that final breath know what happens next.Oblivion, another existence, preservation of consciousness?

NOBODY KNOWS FOR CERTAIN.
Nobody.
No pope, no mullah, no preacher, no guru,
no mortal knows.

Each individual must come to their own understanding of themselves and their mortality, how they live their life, how they interpret things that are happening around them, the old hackneyed saying "when the student is ready, the teacher will arrive" has a lot of truth to it. People must awaken themselves, preaching will not bring understanding, it may bring another persons viewpoint to your mind but ultimately each person must enlighten themselves. Humans are fragile creatures for all our endeavours, the greatest of us, must take our final breath and hang up the phone if you will.
To the OP, don't worry about trying to open peoples eyes, even if you hold their eyelids open (clockwork orange style) they will still only see what they choose to see.
By all means express your viewpoints, but not as a preacher,
Prepare yourself and if you feel strongly prepare for those you love even if they dismiss you. The general theory among ATS members may be that we as a species are on the verge of a great unknown, but I say to you aren't we always?
Death.
the greatest unknown, is always just one breath away from us all.
Whatever happens to the world and whatever those that control it do, nothing will matter when you draw your final breath.
That will be your own private moment.
We all die alone.
be happy and rejoice that it didn't happen a minute ago!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
You can get a bit deeper into the reason. The brain will push away anything that doesn't work with the believe system of that person. Its a way to protect its self. Its the same thing when you try and talk to someone about a different way of seeing GOD.

mind says NO NO NO i like my world
edit on 23-8-2011 by HelloJCneedsomehelp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I agree with you. There is going to come another collapse or something more/less drastic that will have to do with economies and money in general. That's why maybe the whole one world currency is starting to come out a little more but for the most part it still comes back around to the fact that you're killing yourself obsessing about it. It's great that we all want to rise and do something about it but maybe we should think about that as we type in these threads that really lead nowhere. We're all like-minded and that's great but it's until you physically do something about it (revolution, riots, martial law) nothing will be done.

"Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes"

If it's something you really believe in, you'll fight for it rather than posting like the rest of us. Its obvious we are still afraid of our lives being taken away and everything we know, that's why we comfortably get along with others that know whats up and going on behind our computer screens. But then again, that's maybe why Anon works so well. Doesn't matter what "dumb kiddie script" stuff people label them as doing, with the power they have, it shows that we ARE capable of accomplishing something. Even if it's to send a message that the internet is the Wild West 2.0 and WE are in charge...I'm sorry. I know I'm ranting but lately I've been questioning everybody and everything. Especially the people I look up to for the answers (ATS).

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
There is no perfect way to 'make' someone 'see'.
Everyone is different and that needs to be respected first and foremost.
We THINK we know, and maybe in some cases we do know a little more than others, but no doubt there's some one out there that would have even more info than us, so tread lightly and share.
Share the desire to learn, make it interesting to research and learn.
I like to 'ask the questions' rather than TELL whom ever I'm talking with.
Provide links or titles to articles or books that educate or offer insight.
Our finite time here can be worthwhile when we provide knowledge forward that will out live us and hopefully make conditions better overall.
There are those who utilize this exact same technique to advance their limited selfish agendas so why not incorporate the same tactic for the good of the planet.

Thinking I know more kind of makes me look selfish and arrogant, like I'm the storehouse of knowledge when in fact I'm not.

We cant expect perfection because we cant deliver it ourselves, but we can expect to do our best.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I understand but they label us as CONSPIRACY NUTS!
Aren't they also showing their superiority to us then?

Well certainly they are. But they don't claim to be "awake".

new topics

top topics

join