It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is oil in the GOM still leaking?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
BP deny that the sheen seen in the GOM has anything to do with them, or last years leak. We kinda new that once they'd shut it down they'd walk away.

I wonder if it in fact is starting to leak from the damaged sea bed? Who knows?

Link:

uk.reuters.com...

edit on 23-8-2011 by ckitch because: link

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

More evidence they don't give a dam and money rules the way..

content.usatoday.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

... and here's another surprise..... NOT!

content.usatoday.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

Thank you for posting this. I'm surprised no one has replied.

Even those of us that like to consider ourselves "awake" apparently have terribly short memories. The oceans from which all life originated, and upon which all life still depends, are being turned into pools of radioactive, carcinogenic poison and most of us would rather talk about lights in the sky and reptilian aliens that disguise themselves as human.

When I first came across ATS it made me hopeful. After spending some time here and seeing how most people would rather live in their own fantasy world than address the REAL issues that WE CAN change - I find myself having less faith in humanity than ever before. Forget the aliens and highly, highly speculative nonsense conspiracies people, focus on the real issues that you can do something about! What difference does it make if Nibiru destroys the Earth? If Nibiru doesn't do it WE WILL. Pull your heads out and focus on what's important.

During this whole GOM oil spill disaster there was a lot of speculation that the ocean floor had fractured and the well opening wasn't the only leak. I hope that doesn't turn out to be the case. How can BP say, before the slick has even been studied, that it's not their responsibility? Fortunately for BP no one is really watching.. They can operate with impunity. Good job world!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Backslider

Hi backslider,

I totally agree with your comments.

I've been thinking about all these matters for some time - Aliens and Reptilian humanoids and life in other areas of the universe are obviously fascinating, and we should keep our minds open to such things. However, I am confused about us as a species... We are uniquely voyeuristic, and enquiring, that's why we constantly seek out the new and examine the known. However, what is it about us that we seem to have no interest in seeking the truth when it comes to the destruction of our planet, or trying to stop it for that matter. Sure, various bodies and groups (Greenpeace etc), fight for the planet, yet we - the 'joe public' of this world seem to hear about possible wrong-doings, and for some strange reason virtually ignore them. In the words of Crowded House.. "we turn over to the TV page".

We have had many events over the years that have been exposed as likely inside jobs or fakes - The moon landing, 9/11, Diana's murder, Bin laden's recent killing, and apart from a few mumblings from the masses, they swallow the MSM lies and go back to worrying about who will win X-Factor. There are people like us, who use ATS to bring out the inside knowledge etc., but I find it impossible to comprehend that when an issue is clearly a major event, such as Fukushima and the GOM disaster (which gets exposed in the MSM), in a matter of days it's forgotten and not a word gets said. Yes the MSM shut down on stories as directed by the powers that be, but where is or persistence in seeking the truth - Where is our enquiring mind, our thirst for knowledge about these massive events.

We are getting radiation from Japan, and the GOM is totally messed up - both of which will effect every single one of us to some extent. The seas and Oceans are dying, but we ignore that fact. The air is being poisoned, we ignore that fact. The structure of society is falling apart, we ignore that fact. The banks and corporations are robbing us all, and we ignore that fact. Our food is contaminated with chemicals and in many cases lacking nutrition. They want us to be kept thick and sick and we are letting them get away with it!

For gods sake world WAKE UP!!! Your planet and your quality of life is being destroyed and only YOU can do something about that!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
According to the RSOE site ...

Oil is again bubbling to the surface of the Gulf of Mexico near the epicenter of the 2010 Deepwater Horizon disaster. Reporters from Mobile, Alabama’s Press-Register loaded into a boat Tuesday to inspect the site. Equipped with cameras, the reporters discovered “hundreds of small, circular patches of oily sheen” within a mile of the well. “Floating in a boat near the well site, Press-Register reporters watched blobs of oil rise to the surface and bloom into iridescent yellow patches,” the paper reported Wednesday. “Those patches quickly expanded into rainbow sheens 4 to 5 feet across.” According to the Press-Register, “Each expanding bloom released a pronounced and pungent petroleum smell. Most of the oil was located in a patch about 50 yards wide and a quarter of a mile long.” Petroleum engineers are concerned that oil is leaking from the floor of the Gulf near the sealed well. (Oil trade groups: Drilling deregulation could create 190,000 jobs) Louisiana State University chemist Scott Miles conducted a chemical analysis of the oil to identify its “fingerprint.” Miles said that, “It is possible it could be [from the Deepwater Horizon well] . It’s south Louisiana crude for sure.” BP said in a statement to the Press-Register: “We stand by what we said last week, neither BP nor the Coast Guard has seen any scientific evidence that oil is leaking from the Macondo well, which was permanently sealed almost a year ago.”
Source... hisz.rsoe.hu...

This is sooo sad and disturbing................yep, let's just keep paying the criminals top dollar to continue to ruin....I mean run our world..........
edit on 25-8-2011 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The GOM is lost

They can not stop it.

Pray a hurricane doesn't sweep through it.
edit on 8/26/2011 by goochball because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Considering that Roberto Debaca recaulked his ship with tar balls on the beach at Port Isabelle, Texas in 1519 I'd bet that there is oil still leaking in the Gulf.

new topics

top topics

join