It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Production in the world's 2 largest oil fields rapidly coming to an end - Soon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
LONDON, Oct 11 (AFP) - The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries says it is doing everything possible to help cool record high oil prices but its inability to meet markets' wishes reduces its credibility and influence, analysts said Monday.
Saudi Oil Minister Ali al-Nuaimi on Sunday insisted there was no shortage of oil.
"My message to the world (is) there's no shortage, there'll be no shortage, and we are willing to meet demand as it rises," he told reporters at a conference in Abu Dhabi bringing together producers and oil majors.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The largest oilfield in the world haven't even been tapped yet. It is called the Athabaska tarfields. They have recently found a way to get the oil out.
Supplies are estimated to last 400 years they say.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
problem is that all of the alternative sources of energy require massive amounts of oil either to make or run.

The Saudi's oil fields are drilled by injecting sea water into the wells (oil floats to the top) and is then extracted.

There are also so many spin-offs from petroleum that the other fuel sources don't produce like pesticides, fertilizers etc. Large scale farming is heavily reliant on oil to maintain high production.

Hydrogen isn't the answer as every hydrogen fuel cell requires silver, and their aint enough silver to go around. 80% of the world silver is in South Africa, and that requires heaps of oil to extract and process it.

Go to www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net --- and have a good read.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Hydrogen does have its ups and downs but I never heard of silver being used in the process.
any links?

I think the best type a power soure for a vehicle is electric, Cars keep getting more and more electrical and all we do to solve the problem is just put in a bigger alternater, which is the current easiest solution but not very practicle. The only thing holding us back from making electric cars (feasable) is our current battery tech. Double "A" batteries haven't changed much since they started selling them back in 1957, thats 47 years of no progress.

Electricity can come from virtually anywhere, hell in the future (if electricity powered cars get alot of funding) you could have a couple mini turbines (wind generator) on the front of your car providing the power for your car while you drive it, but for that to happen chemistry needs to be kicked up a notch. Electric cars would be harmless to the environment, and with more concern about Global Warming there should be more time and money being put towards this goal.

So I hope that Hydrogen doesn't catch on, I would like all the money going into that reseach and Development to be transferred to Chemist to make better more efficient batteries. A wind powered car could be possible within a decade if it got top priority, which it should.

[edit on 14-10-2004 by Murcielago]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I posted another thread with this info, but here it is again because this thread seems to be getting all the publicity!

www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net...

A book called "Life After the Oil Crash" was written by Mark Savinar. It is very well researched, and I highly recommend it, as it gives some VERY interesting information about oil, and many other things.

It is available for FREE only between now and the election, so this is a good opportunity to get it. The book is in .pdf format, and is about 200 or so pages. But once you start reading, you may not want to stop

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   
As per your previous post, I clicked the link. Great find, and really really interesting book - thanks for posting it.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Bummer!

Every time I click on the link it says page cannot be found. Is there another way to get the E-book?

Help................I wanna read it so bad!

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Man that is the most freightening thing that i have ever read...that is some spooky sh#$t coming out of that book...i have to say that it is very well researched. i just don't know what to say, kinda freaking out.

explains a lot of stuff i was ignorant to, wow is all i can say.

thanks for the link.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaceghost
Man that is the most freightening thing that i have ever read...that is some spooky sh#$t coming out of that book...i have to say that it is very well researched. i just don't know what to say, kinda freaking out.

explains a lot of stuff i was ignorant to, wow is all i can say.

thanks for the link.

No, it's not the facts that are presented (which Joseph Riva presented to the US Congress as early as in the 1995 report) that are frightening ...

Now think about it again ... iff an elementary school student coould find out What REALLY is frigthening you should also ....

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the book Liblam
answers all the basic questions.

And MattMariot thanks for a good thread on the oil situation.

This ties in very nicely with something I have been working on for several weeks. See OIL: Conditions are Ripe for another Great Depression.

Let me know if I am off my rocker, but I think we are in serious trouble.

[edit on 10/22/2004 by Gools]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Some information on tar sands (Athabasca oil sands):

emd.aapg.org...
collections.ic.gc.ca...

This explanation does not mention 400 years of oil.

www.oilsands.cc...

# If all of Canada's bitumen - estimated at 1.7 to 2.5 trillion barrels - could be recovered and refined, it would satisfy North America's oil demand for several generations.

# Oil sands are found in three different deposits in northern Alberta: Athabasca, Peace River and Cold Lake. The Athabasca deposit is the largest of the three and has the most concentrated oil sands development. Note the map of Alberta to the right: The yellow areas show the oil sands deposits in Alberta.

# Bitumen makes up about 10-12 per cent of the actual oil sands found in Alberta. The remainder is 80-85 per cent mineral matter � including sand and clays � and 4-6 per cent water.*

# Alberta's oil sands comprise one of the world's two largest sources of bitumen; the other is in Venezuela.*

# Oil sands currently represent 40 per cent of Alberta's total oil production, and about one-third of all the oil produced in Canada. By 2005, oil sands production is expected to represent 50 per cent of Canada's total crude oil output, and 10 per cent of North American production.*

# About two tonnes of oil sands must be dug up, moved and processed to produce one barrel of oil. Roughly 75 per cent of the bitumen can be recovered from sand; processed sand has to be returned to the pit and the site reclaimed.*

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
you know matt you are right and i have been ignorant because i never thought that i would see so much death in my life...i have now started to spread the news here in australia...damn i was sucked in to that lie!

thanks guys...fools arent cool...(head now removed from my arse)

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
17 January 2005
British Airways is to suspend its flights between London Heathrow and Jeddah and Riyadh in Saudi Arabia from March 27, 2005.

Robert Boyle, British Airways’ director of commercial planning, said: “The decision to suspend flights between the UK and Saudi Arabia is a difficult one to make as we have enjoyed a long history of flying between the two countries. However, the routes don’t currently make a profitable contribution to our business and we are unable to sustain them while this remains the case.
www.asiatraveltips.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
'They' have been saying that we are almost out of oil for at
least 35 years now. I remember it very clearly back in 1970 ...
'no more oil' 'we are running out' ... blah blah blah

I look forward to the day when the middle east has no more
oil. Then the world will ignore it. The different religious groups
of the Middle East will all claim God is on their side and they'll
just battle it out and kill each other and be done with it - without
anyone interfering because we want oil.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
They're aware that there's the supply of oil and natural gas is not keeping up with demand, or else, the governments wouldn't be sanctioning the construction of so many power plants fired by coal and nuclear power.

850 new coal-fired plants expected within 10 years

www.csmonitor.com...

I've read elsewhere that the Saudi production has been falling off involuntarily in the last couple of months since they've been overpumping some of the fields. I think we'll see oil hit new highs this spring. This pullback to 40 was a natural 50 percent pullback of the run-up since early 2003. There's also the annual switchover of refineries from winter-formulated gas in March that oftens results in huge spikes in pump price.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
From an economic point of view, the Bush vision transition from oil to coal isnt that bad, It's AMerican coal and it lasts at least 250 years, also it keeps power and money in the pockets of the huge corporations instead of the liberall/libertarian thought of every consumer producing their own green energy, using nanosolar voltaics and fuel cells that will have become costefficient by 2020.

Also like FlyersFan I look forward to the end of oil related wars and conflicts.

But I surely hope that they will get more serious about the Clean Coal Tech. because it looks like the U.S., China, Canada, India , Australia and other countries to a lesser extend are going to pump a whole lot CO2 in the atmosphere by 2020

Their is some heavy investment from bush in the next generations CCT demonstration plants but really, most of those 850 plants that are getting build will not have benefitted from the lsatest technology (matter of $$$, cCT must become cheaper )...

[edit on 23-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Um yeah coal produces almost 80% of the worlds electricity. This electricity generated from coal produces the same pollution as gasoline generated CO2. (your car may be clean but the power plant will produce more pollution). There will be no benefit to the environment.
You'll have to get electricity to initially charge the batteries on electric cars. Electricity doesn't store well in cold temperatures. The western civilization which consumes the fossil fuels in the first place is primarily located in cold climates.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
We should have seen this coming after the Arab Oil Embargo in '73. I was 13y/o in 73 and even at that age I questioned as to why in the world were we being held hostage to this mess. I was also led down the path that the govt. would find new sources of energy in the near future. But noooo ,our economy depends on the oil to fuel it. OPEC can turn the faucet on, off or just let it trickle out at their leisure. And at the same time, people who had invented carbeurators that could get 100 pg. where not heard from again. As I got older, I found the real reason that this has not been put into effect was that it would ensure the giant oil co.'s revenue to skyrocket and line the pockets of every single person in D.C. that had to do with this subject. The Congressional partys and the Senate have all been bought off. It is a sad day that we as a nation had not had the insight to stay barking and nipping at the heels of the body polotic in D.C. For all the damn money we had given, loaned, and just flat out stole and forgiven other govts. from pay would had be one nice down payment on another method of obtaining other cleaner sources of energy for our country. At the same time by doing so would solve several other problems we have here in the wonderful U.S. We could put all of those who wish to work to work, reduced our national debt, and wouldn't have the massise amount of homelessness that exists now. Also, we wouldn't have little boys and girls going to bed hungry every night. These problems at the least would not be as bad as they are now if then we would have the guts to stand-up to OPEC and said "Take yor oil and shove it"

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
LONDON (Reuters) - Oil markets have entered a "super-spike" period
that could see 1970's-style price surges as high as $105 a barrel, investment
bank Goldman Sachs said in a research report.

Goldman's Global Investment Research note also raised the bank's 2005 and 2006
New York Mercantile Exchange crude price forecasts to $50 and $55 respectively,
from $41 and $40.
----

"as high as $105 a barrel," - Title is a good example for end times deception - But ...

When ?

Because the next question would be: and the day after? $105?

Trying to make the sheeple forget about the basics: It's an exponential curve - and the "future" is behind us
engforum.pravda.ru...

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jawapunk
Another thing to take into account when looking at figures on the capacity of an oil field is the fact that the amount stated is not the amount that is extractable. Most oil fields only extract about 50-75% of their oil because after a certain point it becomes more expensive to extract a barrel of oil than it is to sell it.

Therefore the amount of oil that is extractable in this day and age of cost feasibility is MUCH less than the stated numbers. We have reached peak oil, and if something is not done soon, we will be past an energy crisis and into an energy DISASTER

this is not entirly true. the Prudhoe bay oil field has supplied more oil than what was stated as being there, it will probably yield some 16 billion barrels before it may be shut down. many of the oil wells that have been shut down were done so at a time when getting the oil out was not cost effective ( $25 a barrel range ) but can still be brought back online and as a bonus some have begun to refill as oil from farther down seeps back up.

then lets take a look at western alaska, if you look on a map you will see that there is an area called "National petroleum reserve" the oil there is so abundant and so close to the surface that it weeps in pools.

we have only just begun finding new ways to get oil out of old fields and wells

how do i know this. i work in the oil industry

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join