It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mushrooms on Mars (not a joke)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I kid you not.

I have no idea what this could be?

Anyone have an explanation for this?

The Gallery

The mushroom

I am not stating that it is a mushroom, but it sure as hell looks like one.
And looking at the shadow it seems to be elevated (as in it has a stem holding it up).

I have to go too work now I will check back later, don't shoot me I am just the messenger.

Please let me know what you think of this.

Peace

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Theirs no shroom for a joke here!

It does look like a mushroom, at first i a thought it was a ball but then i realized the shadow displays that it is of some height, Good post S+F is their any way of finding out how high the shuttle was when taking the picture?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
with the cracking in it, it looks to be a round rock... Good eye though, you never know, it could very well be. If it were indeed anything worthy of news, the rover would have sampled it.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Just zoom in on it, you can even see the stem on the side.

It has all the features of a mushroom.

But I will wait for the discussion to start, I am really looking forward to reading what everyone thinks of this.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
hematite spheres......sorry not mushrooms

Considering Mars is derived from an iron oxide-rich regolith which gives it the red colouring we are all so familiar with.

Im pretty sure if these were colour images you would see they are not mushrooms but balls of rusty iron.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 23-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sevensheeps

The official explanation will be a hematite ball like others found by both rovers. I dont know what it is but i know what we'll be told it is.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by overseer1136

Mushrooms cannot grow under the conditions on mars....they need a moisture rich atmosphere, which mars has been lacking for some time

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Ummmm

Microscopic Imager Non-linearized Full frame EDR acquired on Sol 125 of Opportunity's mission to Meridiani Planum at approximately at approximately 13:26:21 Mars local solar time, Microscopic Imager dust cover commanded to be OPEN. NASA/JPL/Cornell/USGS

source

Microscopic.....

edit on 23-8-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
hematite spheres......sorry not mushrooms

Considering Mars is derived from an iron oxide-rich regolith which gives it the red colouring we are all so familiar with.

Im pretty sure if these were colour images you would see they are not mushrooms but balls of rusty iron.

en.wikipedia.org...

It is not the same thing.

Zoom in on it, look at the dome of it.

It looks like a mushroom.

link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Ummmm

Microscopic Imager Non-linearized Full frame EDR acquired on Sol 125 of Opportunity's mission to Meridiani Planum at approximately at approximately 13:26:21 Mars local solar time, Microscopic Imager dust cover commanded to be OPEN. NASA/JPL/Cornell/USGS

source

Microscopic.....

And they can't be microscopic?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

reply to post by overseer1136

Mushrooms cannot grow under the conditions on mars....they need a moisture rich atmosphere, which mars has been lacking for some time

Says who? Your thinking Earth, that's Mars.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

It may look like one but is not a mushroom.

Mushrooms can only grow in certain conditions....mars doesnt have them im afraid. This is old news

www.abovetopsecret.com...

UV alone would make it IMPOSSIBLE for them to grow

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I thought it looked like a mushroom at first. But after staring at it for a while and considering the shape and size of the shadow, it appears to actually be a complete sphere.
edit on 23-8-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

It may look like one but is not a mushroom.

Mushrooms can only grow in certain conditions....mars doesnt have them im afraid. This is old news

www.abovetopsecret.com...

UV alone would make it IMPOSSIBLE for them to grow

I saw that thread when I searched this, and to me those do not look the same.

They just don't, I am aware of the features on Mars and to me those two are two completely different things.

And don't think inside the box, you don't know if life can withstand UV like that or not.

Maybe it can't on Earth but after billions of years on Mars it can?
Peace

edit on 23/8/11 by sevensheeps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sevensheeps

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Ummmm

source

Microscopic.....

And they can't be microscopic?

Actually he has a good point, lots of things look like mushrooms and such through a microscope. Hmmm

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
zzz another one of these threads where there is loads of evidence but you will not believe it

It gets tiresome reading all the silly comments about how they could grow because they are special mars mushrooms. They are iron, they were tested and confirmed.

Take some time...do some research, dont just go to GLP and copy threads from there hoping that people will go along with you because people do it on those boards.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

zzz another one of these threads where there is loads of evidence but you will not believe it

It gets tiresome reading all the silly comments about how they could grow because they are special mars mushrooms. They are iron, they were tested and confirmed.

Take some time...do some research, dont just go to GLP and copy threads from there hoping that people will go along with you because people do it on those boards.

Wowowow I have never said that I found this.

Mkay.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Blueberrys

link

These views of martian "blueberries" at Meridiani Planum are from Opportunity's Microscopic Imager. The photos are courtesy of scientists Wendy Calvin from the University of Nevada at Reno and Ken Herkenhoff from the U.S. Geological Survey in Flagstaff, AZ. Blueberries have been prevalent throughout Opportunity's travels at Meridiani Planum. They are thought to be hematite concretions. Concretions are spherical structures that form when minerals are precipitated from groundwater. The presence of blueberries at "Eagle Crater" helped to support the idea that the rock outcrop was once soaked in liquid water.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join