It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is intelligence?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
When I was a youngster, I did quite very poorly in school. (The public school system). (I now am convinced, I had ADD [not....ADHD] ) but I am certain my IQ was naturally low, and I was 'learning disabled'. But I was artistic, and not only artistic, but prodigiously so, as everyone, (family, school) was always lining up to have me draw something for them.
In my grownup years, I hung out with an occassional high IQ advanced college type, thanks to my ufo enthusiast dabbling, and I could really really tell very clearly, what a vry smart brain was like. It boiled down to speed. They get stuff so quick. I was like a 1970's era Chevy Vega, or something else little, old, and with 4 cylinders, next to a 2011 police muscle car or something like that. Is the best way I can describe it. But I have always always been keenly aware of what kind of cranium I got stuck in. So what is this keenly aware I, then. Is that my soul?
edit on 6-9-2011 by simone50m because: edit

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think we are all equall in intelligence.
The only thing that makes a difference is ; your intrest.
Some 'dumb' people can tell you what happend in ' As the world turns' 3 years ago,but cant control a simple robot.
The 'smart'people dont know the soap at all ,but can build a robot and send it to mars.

edit on 6-9-2011 by mprins998 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mprins998

Very interesting. Good input, there. When I was around teen - (ish), I was in my bed one night, crying and praying to God to make me more smart, because I hated being stupid. I was well aware of being stupid. So, a few short years, maybe 2, later, I recieved the shock of experiencing numerous ufo sightings, and it turns out that a flap wave of sightings was underway in that region of the US and Canada. After that, I read and read books. One of my first books I read about ufos, was called Harmonic 33, by Bruce Cathie. I also looked through other works by J allen Hynek, Vallee, Edward Rupelt, and Phillip Klass. I also read the Holy Bible three times, the King James, the New American standard, and some other one, of which I cannot recollect just now. It must be, like you said, I found something that interested me!!! (Actually,......Obsessed..)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
*Adaptability to a new environment or to changes in the current environment
*Capacity for knowledge and the ability to acquire it
*Capacity for reason and abstract thought
*Ability to comprehend relationships
*Ability to evaluate and judge
*Capacity for original and productive thought

Source

years ago i had a dachshund that would meet this criteria.

she was very social, had many human friends and some dog and cat friends.
i could go away, finding a place for her to go was easy, so many friends and relatives were happy to hear she was coming over.

she invented a game, she would get a soccer ball going fast, jump on top, it would flip her through the air, and everyone would cheer.
understood so many English words that you could make her play any game, kids called her the funny dog.

she loved sports, baseball and football, would sit on the couch and bark at whoever was running.
i even brought her to amateur baseball games, a big hit with the kids.
i don't think she knew there was two teams, just barked at whoever was running.

relationship:
for 16 years she played with little kids and never hurt one.
but,
she trashed the suit off a tax assessor that came to the house.
attacked and made bleed a city employee checking her doggy license.(he was at fault, trespassing)
trashed a few adults acting like stupids.

some weeks she had more visitors than i, they would go a restaurant and bring her back some prime rib,etc.
friends, relatives would call and say their kids were always talking about the dog and would they be abel to play with her again.
i had a huge back yard which helped.

*Capacity for original and productive thought:
she came to the conclusion that her purpose was to entertain, and the joy she brought so many people, so many have pleasant memories.

once a friend said, i wonder how much she understand.
he made a tequila shot with salt and put a slice of lime next to it.
she imitated us, lapped up the tequila and bit into the lime.

she was a social success, i would say intelligent.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Yeah my boss is very 'intelligent' in the dental section.
We are working in a dental lab.
Dentist call him how they must handle certain things.
He knows every single bone muscle nerve blood vesle in a human head and how it works etc etc.
We are helping manufactures by evolving products
But he can hardly control his iphone.Dont understand a computer.Can only view cable tv.He simply doesnt know how his satalite reciever works.
This started me to think what you suggest on this topic.
What is intelligence? Is he smart or dumb?
Another co-worker ,she is doing the logistics doesnt even know who the president from the united states is.
But she does know who is with who and all inns and outs from daily soaps.
They are both dumb and smart only thing that makes the difference is the subject

top topics

<< 1   >>

join