It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason for concern???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Ok everybody please dont give me the "this is being talked about in another thread" stuff.. Please cut me some slack as i know this question gets asked a lot on here. I'm fairly new to earthquake knowledge and I'm trying to learn about it. I've been earthquake watching for the past few months, and i don't remember seeing such odd earthquakes since watching. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm a little concerned at the recent spring of earthquakes. So we had 2 7.0's in VANUATU on August 20th, a 6.3 near HONSHU, Japan on August 19th, and about 5 or more above 3.5 in Colorado just today!! One in Colorado was a 5.3 and that is extremely rare for that state, and the 2nd biggest in the states history. So tell me this should we start getting worried or should we do the ole "nothing to see here move on".. Again I'm not an expert in this field, i just want some opinions, based on what you guys have observed.. Please note that these are all within days of eachother..
PEACE
5.3 Colorado
4.6 Colorado
7.1 VANUATU
7.0 VANUATU
Colorado Quake history

The earthquake of November 7, 1882, the first ever to cause damage at Denver, probably centered in the Front Range near Rocky Mountain National Park, and is the largest historical earthquake in the state. The magnitude is estimated to be about 6.6 on the Richter scale. In Boulder County the walls of the depot cracked, and plaster fell from walls at the university at Boulder. The quake was felt as far away as Salina, Kansas and Salt Lake City, Utah. The Longmont Ledger of November 10, 1882, states:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
A large object is entering our solar system and no its not ELEnin...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenOhhTwo

There are many earthquakes daily. It isn't anything to be concerned about-the areas cited are all part of volcanic groups too be it the ring of fire or the rockies.

There is nothing all the abnormal with this.

According to Stats on number of earthquakes There were 71 earthquakes of 5.0 - 5.9 magnitude in the US alone last year. This year so far its at 31.

Nothing remarkable with it all-people are just looking harder and because of that they are seeing patterns-and projecting meaning onto them when there is really nothing special.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenOhhTwo
Ok everybody please dont give me the "this is being talked about in another thread" stuff.. Please cut me some slack as i know this question gets asked a lot on here. I'm fairly new to earthquake knowledge and I'm trying to learn about it. I've been earthquake watching for the past few months, and i don't remember seeing such odd earthquakes since watching. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm a little concerned at the recent spring of earthquakes. So we had 2 7.0's in VANUATU on August 20th, a 6.3 near HONSHU, Japan on August 19th, and about 5 or more above 3.5 in Colorado just today!! One in Colorado was a 5.3 and that is extremely rare for that state, and the 2nd biggest in the states history. So tell me this should we start getting worried or should we do the ole "nothing to see here move on".. Again I'm not an expert in this field, i just want some opinions, based on what you guys have observed.. Please note that these are all within days of eachother..

That's the thing with seismic activity, in order to truly understand it's scope and how it plays roles in the evolution of the planet, you must look farther back and observe for long periods of time.

Honshu has been having quite a bit of quake activity, even before the big one earlier this year. Checking the seismic events in the days (and months) following the 9.0, Japan was a hotspot for aftershocks that occured daily. The 6.3 that you've reported is not uncommon, in fact, it's expected; tremors like these have been rumbling for nearly a year in that area.

I'm no expert, I'm not going to tell you that these quakes don't mean anything...

I'd go as far to suggest that the persistence of these aftershocks and their frequency (and what appears to have been a brief break) may be indicative that the plate hasn't released all the stored energy, yet. Again, that's just speculation.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Ok, well do you think it's possible that technology is catching up with us? Or are we so jaded that 6.0 earthquakes are becoming the norm?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Not sure I understand on what you are asking. But-Earthquakes usually make people nervous, so when one happens it gets plastered all over.

Even a 6.0 Earthquake is not that powerful. It will do damage. But the Richtor scale works is by factors of 10.

A 6.0 Earthquake is 10 times more powerful than a 5.0. Richter Scale

Keep in mind people are also impacted by Confirmation Bias-I try to hammer this in all the time, so Ill touch on here:
Confirmation Bias is when your own bias leads you to see things that confirm your belief or ideas. This is not meaning an intentional bias or anything similar to that, can be trivial like-thinking about Bill Murrey and suddenly noticing Bill Murray movies all over-they were always there, it just didnt stand out in memory or attention.

Same with these earthquakes. There are on average 800 earthquakes of 5-5.9 a year.

Mag 7's are serious but still on avg around 20 a year happen.

Always look at as much historical information as possible on these topics because they can be alarming-especially on this site

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjsmi2

Why do people love to put out vague replies?

What large object is entering our solar system that is note elenin?
Where did you obtain this information? Could you share the link(s) to your source(s)?

Thanks

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenOhhTwo

Ok, well do you think it's possible that technology is catching up with us? Or are we so jaded that 6.0 earthquakes are becoming the norm?

They ARE the norm.
We live on a terrestrial world slung through space via the giant radioactive magnet in the sky, this is a natural phenomenon.

The average number of 6.0+ quakes per year is set around 130, give or take.

Certain areas, located on or near faults, will experience extended seismic activity when plates release their stored energy. This happens ALL the time.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Required01

Where did you obtain this information? Could you share the link(s) to your source(s)?

Thanks

Source
edit on 23-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Thanks

Source
edit on 23-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

Why are you linking to the ATS homepage? A conspiracy forum is not a source, it's a community sharing inforation, idea's, and lots of other things.

You don't get enough attention at home? Why post a meaningless link to a site i'm already on?
edit on 23-8-2011 by Required01 because: typo

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Ok i understand that thanks.. So you say these earthquakes, and sizes are nothing abnormal as they have always been happening. I was asking that do you think the only reason people are concerned with these quakes is because our technology, and our ability to view them now, giving the illusion that these quakes have never been happening at this rate..

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Ohh, my apologies.
Yeah, I think it is fair that people are just paying more attention. There are seisographs in more places and people spreading like a rash all over so its become more noticeable. Combined with people loving drama and disaster...

For example: Yellowstone rumbles and people freak. It's always rumbling, swelling and drooping. Its normal.
Can it go really really bad? of course.. But so far nothing is really noteworthy on the seismic front.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Thanks

Elenin is still pretty large, at the local scale, perhaps small for a "comet" but noteworthy nonetheless.

Nibiru, Nemesis, Planet X, Brown Dwarf, Apollyon, Binary Star, whatever you'd like to call it, has been an observed phenomenon for at least 3 decades now. If not for it's existence, which has no real truth in media due to assumption, speculation, and disinformation, at most it is observed in other solar systems and hypothetically the reason for certain "variables" in our system. I'm looking at you Uranus and Neptune.

Could easily be the reason for the majority of the "unforeseen events" in history; might explain how life got here in the first place, all the water on the planet, how we got our moon, the death of Mars, the former planet between Mars and Jupiter. That's all speculation, in the end.

If it does exist and it is where they say it is, the sun is now in it's magnetic grasp and will continue to fight with the brown dwarf for a few years. If this is true, the sun's reaction could be catastrophic to us... electrical storms, seismic events, volcanic activity, heavy flooding, pole reversal... all sorts of nasty stuff is prescribed and predicted.

I can't say there is proof. I don't know. But I know there is a campaign aside from the typical "omg doomsday buy my book" movement. I'm going to do my homework because if it is the truth, if that thing is out there, we're going to need to be prepared... you think they're going to tell us we're doomed? Nah... too much money and slave labor to build their secrets in the dark and harvest our souls when we flee for our lives.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by amnislupus

Thanks

Elenin is still pretty large, at the local scale, perhaps small for a "comet" but noteworthy nonetheless.

Nibiru, Nemesis, Planet X, Brown Dwarf, Apollyon, Binary Star, whatever you'd like to call it, has been an observed phenomenon for at least 3 decades now. If not for it's existence, which has no real truth in media due to assumption, speculation, and disinformation, at most it is observed in other solar systems and hypothetically the reason for certain "variables" in our system. I'm looking at you Uranus and Neptune.

Could easily be the reason for the majority of the "unforeseen events" in history; might explain how life got here in the first place, all the water on the planet, how we got our moon, the death of Mars, the former planet between Mars and Jupiter. That's all speculation, in the end.

If it does exist and it is where they say it is, the sun is now in it's magnetic grasp and will continue to fight with the brown dwarf for a few years. If this is true, the sun's reaction could be catastrophic to us... electrical storms, seismic events, volcanic activity, heavy flooding, pole reversal... all sorts of nasty stuff is prescribed and predicted.

I can't say there is proof. I don't know. But I know there is a campaign aside from the typical "omg doomsday buy my book" movement. I'm going to do my homework because if it is the truth, if that thing is out there, we're going to need to be prepared... you think they're going to tell us we're doomed? Nah... too much money and slave labor to build their secrets in the dark and harvest our souls when we flee for our lives.

Thank you for this great intell! But the person i quoted said something that is 'not' elenin is entering our solar system. Does he still mean it's that thing we are observing and he is just giving it another name like the line-up you gave? Or does he mean another 'object' as a meteor, comet, debris, spacecraft?

As he specificly said 'object' i don't think he is referring to a planet, comet or another celestial body, that's why i asked him/her to what he meant with "a object is entering our solar system that is 'not' elenin".

I do know the general theories about ELEnin, Niburu, etc but was curious to what he/she meant with object that is not elenin.

But again thanks a lot for your intell, always welcome ofcourse!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Thank you for this great intell! But the person i quoted said something that is 'not' elenin is entering our solar system. Does he still mean it's that thing we are observing and he is just giving it another name like the line-up you gave? Or does he mean another 'object' as a meteor, comet, debris, spacecraft?

As he specificly said 'object' i don't think he is referring to a planet, comet or another celestial body, that's why i asked him/her to what he meant with "a object is entering our solar system that is 'not' elenin".

I do know the general theories about ELEnin, Niburu, etc but was curious to what he/she meant with object that is not elenin.

But again thanks a lot for your intell, always welcome ofcourse!

"Only Sith deal in absolutes."

If the data concerning Planet X is correct, then Elenin is an orbital companion to that star and they are traveling together. It has been suggested that there are many other bodies on similar (relative) trajectories following the dark star, caught in it's massive magnetic field.

I'm not going to comment on UFOs or aliens because the large majority of this information is purely false.
There is SO much disinformation concerning the subject. You'll hear and even see more of this lie in the coming months and years. We are all deceived, through lying signs and wonders.

Elenin is the harbinger; we've all seen the dates... now we wait.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

The Chinese have a saying "The less you have seen the more that will appear strange to you." Human being are poor capacitors for determining what is normal. That beings said, my gut feeling is that something is going on.

new topics

top topics

join