It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was LBJ "War on Poverty" a biggest failure in American domestic history?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I noticed that even since the war on poverty begins, crime rates was actually getting higher and higher in the 1970 and so on and on. I mean do they realized that war on poverty is like war on drugs? Does it help as much?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
The “war on poverty” is the biggest contributor to poverty in the United States.

The more you spend on it, the worse it gets, which causes you to spend more on it, which will cause it to get worse….. (repeat infinitum)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
As soon as I hear the words War On . . . before anything, I immediately draw the conclusion that the 'war' is just some sort of bloated beauraucratic initiative that will:

1. Never achieve the intended goal.
2. Benefit only a scant few at the upper end of the food chain.
3. Be designed to be self-perpetuating so the initiative can continue for years beyond the intended 'end date' so those in point 2 can milk the average taxpayer for all it's worth.
4. Be headed by some 'czar' who talks up a storm but is too stupid to yoink down their trousers before taking a crap.

I then shake my head, grab a beverage and continue my War On Brain Cells with hopes diminishing my own intelligence to the point that someday I too may become a career politician who actually believes the spew eminating from my own pie hole.

And it's pretty damn telling that instead of calling it some sort of cool name . . . every initiative that is supposed to have some sort of positive effect on those in this country is always called a war . . . as though the powers that be are attempting to condition us into believing anything that has to do with 'war' is a good thing . . .

edit on 23-8-2011 by GoalPoster because: spelling

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I agree, it;s just like war on drugs and war on terror.

LBJ Great society made some contributions like the creations of Medicare and Medicaid but the war on poverty is like the stupiest thing ever. I mean how much poverty in 1969 to the 1970s.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I would disagree, “The War on Poverty” is a complete success from the perspective of TPTB.

TPTB has been able to ensure the complete submission of two generations, with no end in sight, and with the additional help of unemployment benefits, as of late, this submission has grown out of it’s box and into the so-called middle class.

There is a two fold benefit to TPTB with “the War on Poverty”. Again the ever present Divide & Conquer tactic has been employed, quite successfully I might add, with the use of the Political Parties fueling it. The Democrats use the recipients of the group that receive funds through the “War” and the Republicans use the persons that are heavily taxed by the program. Each party “pits” the other against the other, i.e. NO UNITY with in the effected groups.

ALSO, through the “War on Poverty” one segment of our fellow citizens have had all of their hopes and dreams removed and they have been reduced to a bewildered human with no direction and no future. Successfully removing the “Human Sprit” from millions of our brothers.

The other side of the coin involves that group that has their wealth removed through taxation in order that the “War” is funded. With the forced removal of the wealth of their labor this group is demoralized and hampered economically. This group is easily divided by just the unfairness of the system. All is needed is some Pied-Piper to distract them and point the finger to the group that is receiving the funds that have been forcibly taken from them and say “See it is their fault, bla,bla,bla…”

So, the “War on poverty” has been VERY successful.

The citizens have had Unity removed, Wealth removed, Human Sprit removed, Enslavement accomplished.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

well show me how War on Poverty is a success. It may has some good points but overall it make people completely dependent on the government even more than before. IT even destroyed African-American families who were stuck on poverty and made it a rise of teenage pregnancy.

new topics

top topics

join