It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 People Beat Up Peeping Tom

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

the jury heard all the facts and aquitted.

Oh puleeeeeeeeeeeeze....everyone knows the state of our judicial system! Murders, rapists, molesters are arrested daily and the court turns around, and puts them right back out on the streets...then we read where the person has raped and killed someone...then it's posted on sites like this and people are all...."why in the hell was he free when he had a history of bla, blaa, blaa"....

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Lady V I am not sure what you are talking about I am on your side on this issue.

The case he is talking about is someone accidently being shot by a homeowner, would you care to clarify your statement?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Lady V I am not sure what you are talking about I am on your side on this issue.

The case he is talking about is someone accidently being shot by a homeowner, would you care to clarify your statement?

Sorry....I got heated up. I thought he was referring to the guy being acquitted and those that did the beating on the peeping tom, being arrested.....my bad! I musta been in a state of

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
my bad! I musta been in a state of

No problem

My wife was also a victom of childmolestation so the matter is kinda personal to me also

Oh by the way the guy who did it has molested countless other kids and gets a slap on the wrist time after time, he is also the decon of a church in Fort Smith, her hometown

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Maybe this man was born this way and he has known it since he was 5. Should we judge him for his preferance even though we do not agree?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by factfinder38
Maybe this man was born this way and he has known it since he was 5. Should we judge him for his preferance even though we do not agree?

YES because unlike homosexuals, that is where you are going right, a child cannot enter into consensual sex with ANYONE.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   

woah

dont tell me you're actually serious with THIS comment. dont tell me you're actually justifying him getting his jollies over children. dont tell me you're telling us to "back off" with this rediculous notion proposing that he knew at age 5 that he was a pedophile.

increase your dose of thorazine and come back when you're a little more level headed.

this is the kind of logic used to justify rape and murder. and i cannot for the life of me find a logical way to justify either.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I had much the same situation years ago when we caught a guy doing the same thing at our house and there was evidence he had been there many times. The police knew about it and would do nothing because the guy was slow. When we caught him we beat him senceless and he moved out of town but many people in town wanted us charged with a crime. but it would have embarassed the police because they had been forwarned so they droped it. But as far as my crazy point be prepared because that is the reasoning coming down the line because there are people that feel there choice is to date children. You may consider that crazy talk but think about the laws that allow homosexual acts to be presented as normal,20 years ago that would have been crazy talk.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

But as far as my crazy point be prepared because that is the reasoning coming down the line because there are people that feel there choice is to date children. You may consider that crazy talk but think about the laws that allow homosexual acts to be presented as normal,20 years ago that would have been crazy talk.

I can see your point in as much as both are born as they are but pedophiles are an aberation, preditory in nature and just as in nature, parents will always take care of their young. Homosexuality will be accepted, pedophiles will never be.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
i dont like connection you're trying to make with pedophiles and gay people.

gay people date other adults, pedophiles dont "date" children. they molest them. at least gay people are with other people of similar age or at least age of consent who can make a judgement to say yes to any sexual advances made towards them, children cannot.

i'm well aware of NAMBLA and similar groups wanting all this to be normal and accepted by society and they're using the gay segment of society as their toe in the door hoping to be let in as well. like them, you using gay people as a conncection to this is downright wrong and flat out ignorant. the two are not even close to be similar in any way.

of course we can also argue that rape should be acceptable or murder or robbing. christ we can even find "reasons" to do away with all laws as they "suppress" or "opress" someone from being who they really are.

just leave gay people out of this, oi think they've been through enough already.

although im still having a hard time fifuring out what you're driving at here. we should shun gay people again? is that your point?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

OK then, so this theory would give 'it' a long time to hone its pervert obsession.

Face it, some people are simply "not quite right" and should be sentenced to life.

Otherwise an innocent child...i'm not going into details.
Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
There is a certain"eye for an eye" justice here that our judicial system does not condone , but IMO is needed in cases like this . I am not a parent , but have the most beautiful niece iin the world . God help the person that uses her as an object of desire in this perverted manner .

Granted , some people are mentaly ill and need help , I think this guy got all the help that was coming to him .

The judicial system is backed up with too many petty offences and victimless crimes , and funds are not avaqilable to "rehabilitate" sickos like this . They plea bargain , and they walk . simple as that .

He will have a vivid memory of a beating by members of society who as a whole do not condone these actions , and the next time he feels like jerkin' the gherkin' outside some little girls window , maybe he will remember back to the time when he was beaten within an inch of his life and had a branch ripping thru his rectum . And hopefully he will think twice before dropping his trousers again .

I am not a vigilante , but I will meet you at the door (or window) if you mess with my family , and accept all the repercussions of my own intervention in a case like this .

Sure the guy needs help , he got it .....

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Good. They did the right thing, and I definitely would have done the same, or more.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I have not read the post in this thread. I just wanted to say that if I caught some guy outside beating it to my 5 year old child I would be getting charged with something.

I don't know what else to say.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
Now thanks to these peoples actions whether he was a danger or not is irrelivant. He is now a victim.

That's the real problem here. They Made him into the victim.

Why is it that the only victims who seem to be considered victims are the criminals ?

It was all a big misunderstanding.
The poor guy was probably just hiding in the bushes while he checked himself for testicular cancer.
Yeah, that's it.
Poor misbegotten soul.
Why don't we take up a collection and send him something nice.......
like a big basket of rabid weasels.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
While I can understand their emotional response, laws are in place for a reason.

They should have expected to be charged. Just as they'd expect him to be charged.

The response was disproportionate to the crime.
And I'm willing to state that this was due to the mass hysteria whereby people seem to have been convinced that every man on their street is a potential pedophile.

Taking matters into your own hands is never a good idea.
In our town a man was killed when his home was torched because people made a mistake and thought he was a pedophile. Turned out they killed a loving grandfather.

In the UK you can be added to the "Sex Offenders Register" for many reasons. I know a teenager who was seeing a girl a year under age. They'd been seeing each other for several years.
While it wasn't a good idea for either of them, they did begin a sexual relationship.
Her father then made an allegation that the teenage boy had committed a crime with his daughter, and even though the girl was now of legal age and stated that she was encouraging her boyfriend and that there was no offense committed in her opinion, the teenager was added to that list as a sex offender.

If you act without the law supporting your actions, you face the consequences under the law for what you've done.
And they should face the consequences, whether you believe the guy deserved it or not.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
funny, the attitude of westerners , they hate shariah law themselves and then
do something that is similiar to Shariah law AND EVEN PRAISE IT....

anyways i hope the people who beat up and nearly killed the poor man be convicted and rust in jail for the rest of their life AS IT IS NOT PROVEN THAT MAN BEATEN WAS COMMITING A CRIME ... if he was doing that they should have called 911

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
While I agree that if I caught the guy doing what he's accused of there's no doubt we'd have more than a little talk. But, Murdering the man for not doing anything, but possibly having some sick fantasy - from a distance, where the supposed victim was probably not only unaware, but really not even a victim is way over the top and In fact more criminal then the potential crime by the supposed perpetrator.

Seems some people have such hang ups about sex that you completely lose control of rational thought with the idea that some pervert is having an immoral fantasy.

The comments that he is learning to become a rapists, kidnapper or perhaps a future murderer to cover his crimes is just pure speculation. You don't know that true for this particular perp, nor do we know how many who have these types of fantasies actually act upon them.

What we do know is at least he made the decision not to enter the house or actually contact the child. The fact that he did not have enough control to keep his fantasy's to himself is indeed troubling and there's no doubt he should be fitted with GPS tagged, posted as such and watched & re-educated.

The only crime is perhaps trespassing & whatever laws cover public nudity, public sex & perhaps even stalking. There's no doubt the guy needs help or re-eduction, but execution without due process? That's a lynch mob mentality and has no place in civilized society.

I'm really surprised by our member here that works in corrections. Would that really be worth it to be on the other side with your current clients many of which are in because they too could not control their emotions?

If one really cares about their daughter they'd control their emotions enough to not seriously hurt the perp & be around when your daughter needs you later in life.

[edit on 20-12-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
They should have killed him.
I hope he suffers.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join