It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 People Beat Up Peeping Tom

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   
You mind explaining that. The way I see it, that's pretty insulting.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
So now, we're not only taking the law into our own hands, we're going to ASSUME potential further crimes as well?

where is the justice?

Im not saying that pervs dont usually have a history, hell MOST criminals have long wrap sheets....but becaues someone is cought as a peeping tom does NOT mean that that person would ever physically touch another person in a deviant manner.
Yet you'd shoot him dead upon this assumption.

How soon we forget the constitutional gaurentee to a fair trial by jurry, and protections from cruel and unusual punnishments.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
So now, we're not only taking the law into our own hands, we're going to ASSUME potential further crimes as well?

where is the justice?

Im not saying that pervs dont usually have a history, hell MOST criminals have long wrap sheets....but becaues someone is cought as a peeping tom does NOT mean that that person would ever physically touch another person in a deviant manner.

Ah, actually it does. These people are incurable and it only escalates. Yes, where's the justice? For future victims.

And Koji, my political bent is more liberal than cons. I said "it was liberal thought like that." I'm probably more liberal than you, just not on this topic. So stop being told what to do and attempt to open your mind, as I said before, these people are incurable.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
well, I don't think I would have "sexually assaulted" him with a tree branch, but I sure would have given the guy something to think about while in the hospital...seriously, who wouldn't have kicked the guy's ass? although it sounds like these people went overboard..

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
i think the tree branch up the is little much. But yes i would have jumped him if i saw him masterbating(assuming he was) to my 5 year old sleeping. not to death, just enough to knock him out and make sure he'll be feeling it in the morning
. then call the cops and let them take him away.

anyways, the guy thats a lawyer here (sorry forgot your name), if i was sleeping one night and some guy broke in to my house with a gun. And assuming he was going to harm/murder a family-member/me i couldnt use deadly force? I dont really get the law, but if so thats weird.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I live in Ohio and I believe that if you feel a child is in danger from a predator you are allowed to defend the child by means of violent force. The problem in this case is that this attack might have went just a tiny bit over the line. Once you put a stick in someone's butt you have crossed a line. lol. I guess they could always plead temporary insanity.

Edit:

I found this Ohio News site. it includes a news report and video of the beating. www.newsnet5.com...

[edit on 24-8-2004 by zerotime]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

where is the justice?

Ah, actually it does. These people are incurable and it only escalates. Yes, where's the justice? For future victims.

And Koji, my political bent is more liberal than cons. I said "it was liberal thought like that." I'm probably more liberal than you, just not on this topic. So stop being told what to do and attempt to open your mind, as I said before, these people are incurable.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by intrepid]

it doesn't matter how incurable they are. you can't condone 6 people beating a man and sodomizing him when they could have had recourse to the law. personally, if it was my daughter, i'd give the man a beating. but i wouldnt take part in mob justice, or sodomy, in revenge. you simply cannot take the law in your own hands and expect society to work itself out just fine. if this means forgoing the pleasure of raping a peeping-tom, then i'm sorry, but you'd just have to restrain yourself.

you claim that all peeping-toms are incurable rapists, and "liberal thought" promotes their flourishing. well, i'm not a psychiatrist, so i don't know about incurability. but history has taught us that lumping people in a group for the illegal meting out of punishment isn't a good thing, regardless of how evil you think they are. really, you sound no better than some redneck calling for blacks to be lynched because he says they're evil. now, i know damn well you don't hold this view, but unlike you, i'm afraid i wouldn't have the confidence in my own clearsightedness to decide who should and should not be subject to an extrajudicial mass beating. sure, he peeps on my daughter, i wouldn't mind seeing him beaten, but this is the "dark side" for lack of a better term, and society would go to the dogs if we all just gave in to our desires for revenge. where do you draw the line? THIS is the bulwark presented by what you call "liberal thought," not some kind of desire to see more rapists flourish.

this is my opinion. i'm not "doing" anything, other than typing and thinking, so i'm not sure exactly what you mean by being told what to do.

-koji K.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by koji_K]

[edit on 24-8-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Not to mention the fact that these people could be blatantly lying. This could have been someone that they just wanted to beat up. So, they kick this guy around for over an hour, put a tree branch up his butt, and when SOMEONE ELSE calls the police they make up a story. When the cops finally do show up they just say "well he was looking in our child�s room so he deserved it" thinking that excuse will get them off the hook.

I think a weird part of the story is that everyone just believes them without any type of investigation. They might crack under police interview pressure and reveal that they just had a grudge against this person. I�m not saying that this is what happened but stranger things have been known to happen. Maybe, it's just me but I don't trust anyone. So I would not so blindly believe the story without some more information to help back it up.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by zerotime]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Amuk,
Will beating the perv to within an inch of his life be worth everything you own when he sues the crap out of you and wins?

As I have posted before in this thread IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN at least not in Arkansas. We have our OWN brand of justice arround here and NO ONE gives a # about the poor little baby-raper rights including the judge and we dont care if you yankees like it or not.

We have beat the living # outta childmolesters just for moving INTO our neighboorhood, one was even castorated (not my neighboorhood a little south of hear about 40 miles) and NO ONE WAS EVER ARRESTED.

IN over 50 years I have NEVER heard of ONE case like that that, if brought to court, was not laughed out of it arround here. Go ahead tell the hillbilly whose daughter your peeping in on that "i'm gonna sue your redneck ass if you touch me or violate my rights in any manner" you will be feeding the rednecks hogs

This might sound a little harsh but............

You know what? We have one of the LOWEST crime rates in the country. Come on down here your kids can play in the yard and you can leave your doors unlocked when you go to the store. Just dont try to break into someones house or mess with there kids or you will be lucky if a stick up your ass is ALL you get.

And for those comparing lynching blacks to the childmolesters, ALL childmolesters are criminals, are you saying all blacks are? Would arresting all childmolesters be the same as arresting all blacks? Or are comparing the two just a desperate attempt to justify allowing some perv to molest some other persons kids?

[edit on 24-8-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
What a mess and I hope that those who think killing without just cause (when you are not in danger of being killed yourself) never get into that position.

People are so brave on the internet but believe me you would be less brave as someones ass monkey while sitting in prison for committing murder.

MURDER is what you would be charged with for killing someone peeping outside your home. It is common sense, you do not have that right, you are not the law and the fact you can own a gun it is for protection not to dispense justice as you see fit. You have no right to kill another human, except in rare cases where it is needed to keep you or your family from being killed.

This criminal outside the window had no weapon, these people overreacted and will be punished accordingly. Also even in Arkansas they have laws and these people would have been arrested. The beating, if not to death might not get charged, the rape would in any state. Just because you think hillbilly justice rules it does not.

If you have thoughts of killing like this I hope you get some profesional help as you are a danger to others. If you can move from anger to murder so fast without all the information and no immediate threat of your own or families death you need to seek counseling now before these thoughts overtake you and you end up in prison for murder.

Let the law work, let this man who did this be taken off the street and detained. Now he will be back on the street with no help thanks to these people. Oh and all peeeping toms ARE NOT child molesters. That is just ingnorant to make assumptions like that. Again this is why we have trials and go to court. We are supposed to evaluate and dispense justice to punish the criminal, protect the victim and rehabilitate the criminal for their return to society".

Oh and to answer the question if someone breaks into your house with a gun, you can defend yourself. Of course, that is because you are in immediate danger of death your self. This case is so far from that it is unreal.

[edit on 8/24/2004 by nativeokie]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie

. Also even in Arkansas they have laws and these people would have been arrested. The beating, if not to death might not get charged, the rape would in any state. Just because you think hillbilly justice rules it does not.

Shoving the stick up his ass MIGHT have got you a charge and a few months probation as I stated before a guy was CASTORATED and NOONE was charged much less imprisoned. By the way the man left the area and was later charged with KILLING a woman in another state. He would have undoubtably done it here but for the "hillbilly" justice

If you have thoughts of killing like this I hope you get some profesional help as you are a danger to others.

I dont sit arround thinking about it but if I precieve you as a threat to my family I will KILL YOU DEAD and worry about the year or two, at most, I will serve then, I am too ugly to be anyones "ass monkey".....LOL I have been there before and a year or two is a small price to pay for my families safety.

Oh and all peeeping toms ARE NOT child molesters. That is just ingnorant to make assumptions like that. Again this is why we have trials and go to court. We are supposed to evaluate and dispense justice to punish the criminal, protect the victim and rehabilitate the criminal for their return to society".

Someone spanking his monkey to a 5 year old girl is not a childmolester? Would you have them babysit your kid? Those of you who think these perverts can be fixed should have them paroled out to YOUR house for the first few years and then if they havent raped one of YOUR kids by then let them out on the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Amuk,
Noone is disagreeing that people with sex crimes under them arent a problem,
BUT,
Did the guy j/o outside while peeping have a scarlet letter tattooed to him? was he wearing his wrap sheet on his chest? What if this was his first offence and he's never actually touched anyone in a perv manner?

You assume way to much about the person....you are also armchair quarterbacking in THIS case as you know NOW the man had a history, but when those people ran out and beat and sodomized him how did they know THEN? They didnt...they took justice into their own hands. They assumed what they wanted to fit their idea of justice.

Hell jed, that guy over yonder looks like he's gonna steal somethin, we better slap him sum sense because he must be one of those city boy crooks.

Better yet try this....

2 city people that cant read a map well and are "lost" (if they realize it or not) and are found tresspassing by the local yahoo on his land...he shoots first and asks questions later....he just seriously wounded/killed 2 people that might have been only looking for help. based on what? THEY WERE TRESSPASSING IN VIOLATION OF THE LAW!????

What if your kids grow up and leave whatever po-dunk place you live where people think like this? They take this idea about behaiving in this manner with them, but get into trouble for "only trying to help" by beating up a suspected perv (guy j/o in a park in plain sight)....and they go to prison for it....have you done them right by teaching them this? that its ok to dispence justice if only because you THINK the person is guilty...even if you catch him red handed in the chicken coop...who gave you, an average citizen, the right to judge and punnish any other citizen?

Im with you in a life or death situation, im with you within your own home IF lethal force is being used against you, but
ANY CRIME less than attempted murder, disfigurment, or brutal and violent physical assaults...does NOT warrent the use of violence in responce, and certantly should be passed to the trained authorities for appropriate justice.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I've been that 5 year old through the window!!! If I ever caught a man outside the window of any of my children when they were little or currently my grandchildren...I'd pick up the nearest thing and beat him unrecognizable!! They could put me in jail....but the kids would be safe! Criminals today know they are gonna get smacked on the hand! If people knew they were going to get serious consequences for their actions, crimes would drop! You kill someone you will die...and not in 15 years but within the month....you rape someone...you'll be castrated....it wouldn't take too many of them before the point sunk in....

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Did the guy j/o outside while peeping have a scarlet letter tattooed to him? was he wearing his wrap sheet on his chest? What if this was his first offence and he's never actually touched anyone in a perv manner?

Then he got stopped BEFORE he harmed the kid. Whats the big deal? I dont really care if this was to be his first victom or his 100th

You assume way to much about the person....you are also armchair quarterbacking in THIS case as you know NOW the man had a history, but when those people ran out and beat and sodomized him how did they know THEN? They didnt...they took justice into their own hands. They assumed what they wanted to fit their idea of justice.

I imagain the whole pants arround his ankles J/O was a pretty good hint her was up to no good.....LOL

Hell jed, that guy over yonder looks like he's gonna steal somethin, we better slap him sum sense because he must be one of those city boy crooks.

Let me see if I am hearing you correctly

You are saying that even though he is outside a 5 yearold girls window with his pants down arround his ankles J/O we should NOT assume he is a danger to that child? We are not talking about seeing someone on the street and thinking "he looks like a baby-raper, lets get him" we are talking about someone caught in the act.

Better yet try this....

2 city people that cant read a map well and are "lost" (if they realize it or not) and are found tresspassing by the local yahoo on his land...he shoots first and asks questions later....he just seriously wounded/killed 2 people that might have been only looking for help. based on what? THEY WERE TRESSPASSING IN VIOLATION OF THE LAW!????

Chances are if you are lost or broke down arround here your family would be invited in for coffee or a sandwhich while we helped fixed your car or gave you derictions I cannot EVER remember someone getting shot for JUST tresspassing.

If you happen to get lost and accedently find your self outside someones kids window and then your pants accidently fall down and you accindently start spanking your monkey you might be in trouble then.....LOL

..who gave you, an average citizen, the right to judge and punnish any other citizen?

No one has to give me the right to protect my family as a matter of fact no one has the right to take it away.

Im with you in a life or death situation, im with you within your own home IF lethal force is being used against you, but
ANY CRIME less than attempted murder, disfigurment, or brutal and violent physical assaults...does NOT warrent the use of violence in responce, and certantly should be passed to the trained authorities for appropriate justice.

Should you stop and ask the person what their intentions are? I would rather err in the derection of protection my family,the criminal is the one who put himself in the position to begin with no one forced him to do what he done he CHOOSE his course of action and has NOBODY to blame but himself

Just for the record I would have just beat the # outta him and called the police I think the stick was over kill but in a way they were just doing him a favor.....loosing him up foir his new friends in prison

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Chances are if you are lost or broke down arround here your family would be invited in for coffee or a sandwhich while we helped fixed your car or gave you derections I cannot EVER remember someone getting shot for JUST tresspassing.

It does happen. A Japanese exchange student dressed in a white tux or something like that, on a Haloween night, got lost somewhere (it was down South) and entered somebody's property. They told him to stop but his English wasn't so good (plus it's South, remember...) So he went down in a hail of bullets.

Not sure if y'all care.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Finally we are getting back to the issue.

What was 'it' doing what 'it' did outside a 5yr old girls window.

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

It does happen. A Japanese exchange student dressed in a white tux or something like that, on a Haloween night, got lost somewhere (it was down South) and entered somebody's property. They told him to stop but his English wasn't so good (plus it's South, remember...) So he went down in a hail of bullets.

That was in Texas I believe and if they could show where the owner was at fault he SHOULD be punished.

If my memory is correct the man had had problems with people breaking into his house and IMO overreacted with tragic results.

But ALSO if I remember correctly he was brought to trial and the jury ruled it an accident, I do not know all the facts in this case but it sounds like it was just a tragic accident

I dont know what you meant by "it was the south you know" but will let that remark slide for now

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I've never heard of something so silly and ridiculous, and stupid..."broken down car or something" please....when you break down you knock an a door, ask to use the phone, ask for help...you don't look into a window, drop your pants and masturbate
what planet are you on!?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

That was in Texas I believe and if they could show where the owner was at fault he SHOULD be punished.

If my memory is correct the man had had problems with people breaking into his house and IMO overreacted with tragic results.

I don't think it was an accident. It was the attitude you just glorified in this thread.

What I meant about "it was South" is that if there is enough of the twang, it may be difficult to understand. My girfriend was born in Georgia, and even she sometimes had problems understanding her grandparents who lived in a village.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
[I don't think it was an accident. It was the attitude you just glorified in this thread.

YOU might not think it was an accident but the Jury did, and at the end of the day that is what mattered. Do you think we just lay in wait for some innocent tresspasser to shoot? Like I said from what I have read of the case I think the Guy overreacted but the jury heard all the facts and aquitted. The question here is was the guy outside the window accidently J/O?

If the remark about the south wasnt intended as a slur I wont take it as such

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join