It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 People Beat Up Peeping Tom

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
First I have 2 kids, I still stand by what I said regarding taking this matter into your own hands. That is illegal. We still only have these criminals words against him as to whether he was doing anything. I say criminals because as of now the only evidence of a crime being committed was by the ones that beat him and yes raped him. She is charged with rape not sexual assult, there is a huge difference, rape requires penetration.

"The girl's mother, Stacy Umstott, 28; her aunt, Athena Lemieux, 20; Brandon Breedon, 21; Nicholas Phipps, 21; and Khald Arafat, 34; and a 15-year-old are in police custody. They face felonious assault and rape charges. Murder charges could be filed if Russo dies.

The girl's aunt admitted to sexually assaulting Russo with a tree branch, police said.

The incident was caught on tape. "

Look I will protect my kids at all cost. BUT, still they did not prove he did anything. They also took a 15 year old and allowed him to be part of this crime, therefore ruining his life if he is in fact convicted. This mob mentality is very scary to me. You have no right to beat, nearly to death, someone. That is a violation of the law. JUmp them and detain them, call the police if needed. Maybe if he was in the home it would be different but he was not. We still only have their word against his.

Look, I am not defending this guy except to say you have no right to hurt another person like this. They should be all tried and they will in fact be tried for their crimes. If he was doing something illegal and they can prove it then he will be tried as well. Unfortunantly due to their actions he will probably never be proven to have done anything wrong.

Also if he dies this will most likely be a death penatly case since it is a murder coupled with sexual assault. Since no one can prove he ever did anything wrong thanks to these people attacking him and the fact it was all caught on security tapes and they tried to evade police when they came to investigate. All they had to do was corner him and call 911, instead they chose to committ a horrible crime and will be properly punished for it.

Oh and before someone ask, I have worked as a prosecutor for years before entering private practice and would have charged all of them based on the evidence as it stands.

[edit on 8/20/2004 by nativeokie]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
HE WAS OUTSIDE THE LITTLE KID'S WINDOW WITH HIS PANTS AROUND HIS ANKLES.....HE GOT WHAT HE HAD COMING!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
HE WAS OUTSIDE THE LITTLE KID'S WINDOW WITH HIS PANTS AROUND HIS ANKLES.....HE GOT WHAT HE HAD COMING!

nuff' said.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Okay last one.
Who said he was out side the window with his pants down? Oh thats right the people that beat him almost to death. Not the police that could have arrived if they had called 911.

Even if he was by your logic it justifies committing a crime, possibly murder?

You are not a cop, you are not the law, you have no rights to commit a crime. I realize you may be passionate about this and I am also. I have worked hard to not only get people who commit crimes off the street but to ensure those who can be helped while in jail get the help to return to society.

You are still taking the word of a group of people who are criminals. You have NO proof this man did anything at all. The only evidence you have is against the people that beat and raped him. Take a breath and think. You don't have proof, you have no independant witnesses all you have is a mob beating a man on video and then "claiming" he was doing something wrong.

The police are there to investigate crimes and then arrest those who commit them. That is why this mob mentality is so dangerous.

You could just as easily assume it was a drug deal gone bad for all we know. I realize I pulled that out of thin air but it would generate the same amount of proof you currently have of him with his pants down. NONE, call 911, if you don't and you take it into your own hands then enjoy prison.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If it'd been me, the only charge would have been murder...

Sorry, but this guy would have had a 3' sword sticking through him had this been my daughter...

Of course, I would have dragged him inside before running him through, just to make it more "legal"
No jury in the world would convict me.

Personally, I like the touch of them sexually assaulting him with a tree branch!
Bravo! If I was on the jury, I'd clap, right in the courtroom, hehe...

Somehow, I think it unlikely a jury will convict them either... Personally, I hope the bastard dies.... It would save the state some money, and the family some anguish....

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
There was a man in Baton Rouge, LA, some years back, whose son was abducted by his coach. When the perp was returned to Baton Rouge by plane, the father was, unbeknownst to anyone, waiting at the airport pretending to be making a phone call.

As the perp passed by the phone, some twenty feet away, surrounded by deputies, the father took a pistol and turning and aiming in one smooth motion fired one shot striking the perp in the head, killing him instantly.

The incident was caught on tape by a local television station. The father was charged with murder and was acquitted by a jury of his peers.

In this case, I think these folks went too far. This went far beyond a reaction of passion into the realm of a crime in and of itself. I think a jury would more than likely have to find these folks guilty. There are limits to everything.

[edit on 04/8/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Personally, I like the touch of them sexually assaulting him with a tree branch!
Bravo! If I was on the jury, I'd clap, right in the courtroom, hehe...

LMAO!!!!

Face it people. The Bastard got what he deserved.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
One things is for sure, across the board. We are all vicious creatures.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Out of fairness I did find this article which shows that he is seen on the video peering in the window.

www.wkyc.com...

That still does not legally justify what happened and as the article states all but the 15 year old face the death penalty should he die (although he is improving according another article). Two of the people that were arrested have previous criminal records so expect them to face at least 30 to life if convicted of the assualt.

Also I spoke to someone in the area just now who said they will also be charged with crimes related to having a minor take part in the assault.

I still say, you do not do this in a civilized society. This man was committing a crime, he should have been arrested.

I will protect my children at all cost, and if someone had a gun pointed at my family, I am going to stop them at all cost. This case is different though in the eyes of the law and well now 6 lives are ruined.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
Okay last one.
Who said he was out side the window with his pants down? Oh thats right the people that beat him almost to death. Not the police that could have arrived if they had called 911.

Even if he was by your logic it justifies committing a crime, possibly murder?

You are not a cop, you are not the law, you have no rights to commit a crime. I realize you may be passionate about this and I am also. I have worked hard to not only get people who commit crimes off the street but to ensure those who can be helped while in jail get the help to return to society.

You are still taking the word of a group of people who are criminals. You have NO proof this man did anything at all. The only evidence you have is against the people that beat and raped him. Take a breath and think. You don't have proof, you have no independant witnesses all you have is a mob beating a man on video and then "claiming" he was doing something wrong.

The police are there to investigate crimes and then arrest those who commit them. That is why this mob mentality is so dangerous.

You could just as easily assume it was a drug deal gone bad for all we know. I realize I pulled that out of thin air but it would generate the same amount of proof you currently have of him with his pants down. NONE, call 911, if you don't and you take it into your own hands then enjoy prison.

The respons time where I live is 20 minutes. I WILL NOT WATCH A CRIME BEING COMITTED WHILE WAITING FOR THE "PROPER" AUTHORITIES TO TAKE CARE OF IT. Where I live, nobody would send me to jail for beating up this perp. Law abiding citizens eveywhere are getting sick and tired of major league criminals getting minor sentences in court due to the fact that the prosecutor wants a flawless record for political reasons and plea bargains the charges down. This beating has probably saved dozens of children from being victimized. WE THE PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF CRIMINALS BEING TREATED LENIENTLY BY THE JUSTICE SYSTEM. If i see comebody raping somebody, I will shoot to kill. If I see somebody stealing a car, I will shoot to kill. If I see somebody coming thru my window, I will shoot to kill. AND NOBODY WILL CONVICT ME FOR IT.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

When it comes to protecting our children...you bet your ass we are...

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I don't see the predator' age as 15 anywhere.
44yrs old trespassing on private property, and caught in the 'garden bed' looking
through a window of a 5yr old child sleeping.

Nuff said, imo
Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This guy should have gotten a healthy beat down, maybe knocked him out, broke a couple ribs...just so he wouldn't have gotten away. Beating him nearly to death?? Do people really condone this or would they be saying something different if they were having this discussion in real time with co-workers? This stuff has no place in civilized society.

Yes they did a wonderful job of protecting the girl. Her mother and her boyfriend were arrested on felonious assault and complicity to commit rape. It's always good for a child to have their mother in prison while they're young. If this guy got what he "deserved", the child surely didn't.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
Used to be, you could shoot a trespasser in Texas. Now you can't do anything? I remember a story in Florida where a man shot a burglar in the process of robbing him. The burglar was paralyzed and sued the homeowner, and get this - HE WON!!! WAY to sad is the law makers today.

I remember caling the police once on a neighbor who was verbally and physically abusing his kids, like he often did when he was drunk. I called the police and after a few questions, nothing happened AND the cop siad if I called them again, I WOULD GO JAIL. So the next time it happened, I wooped him hind end like there was no tomorrow.

This place is really getting sad.

I'm sorry but you're wrong. You can still and most likely always shoot a trespasser in Texas.

This is not a problem as long as it is night you can shoot to kill without any problem. The key word is 'night'.

You can also hunt someone down after they have left your property and kill them to recover your stolen property from them.

God bless Texas.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
I don't see the predator' age as 15 anywhere.
44yrs old trespassing on private property, and caught in the 'garden bed' looking
through a window of a 5yr old child sleeping.

Nuff said, imo
Sanc'.

If you read the article you would see one of those charged in the beatings was 15, she is the girlfriend of the 19 year old man who was in the apartment. HOpefully he will also be charged for dating someone so young as that is ILLEGAL! I wonder if he is the one with the previous drug or assult charges against him??? Yes some of those who did the beating are "surprise" convicted criminals.

And I am sorry but you would be taken to jail no matter were you live in the US. For gods sake I live in Oklahoma (rural at that) and you would be in jail for this beating. Also just to be clear it was an apartment complex not outside a house and he was OUTSIDE not inside as someone suggested.

Also I was a prosecutor in Texas for 7 years and the whole shooting trespassers law was overturned in the early 80's. I would not recommend anyone there try this out, it will be bad for you if you do. Oh and just so you are clear if you shoot to kill someone stealing a car, you are a murderer. Plain and simple and most likely would face life in prison. Come on people is everyone here a 12 year old or has our society fallen this far to think you can take the law into your own hands. If you do I pray you are convicted for your crime, same as any criminal. Good intentions will not do you much in jail.

Again the peeping tom (get that peeping tom not molestor) is wrong and should have been arrested and put away. He was not thanks to these worthless scum who beat him.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
Also I was a prosecutor in Texas for 7 years and the whole shooting trespassers law was overturned in the early 80's. I would not recommend anyone there try this out, it will be bad for you if you do. Oh and just so you are clear if you shoot to kill someone stealing a car, you are a murderer. Plain and simple and most likely would face life in prison. Come on people is everyone here a 12 year old or has our society fallen this far to think you can take the law into your own hands. If you do I pray you are convicted for your crime, same as any criminal. Good intentions will not do you much in jail.

Please forgive me I wasn't suggesting that people take the law into their own hands.

You as a former Texas prosecuter should know that if a person comes onto your property at night and tries to steal your car or the property inside your car or any property for that matter your can shoot to kill to keep them from doing so and you can also hunt them down to retreve your property.

As far as going to jail for shooting someone, all I need to do as the property owner is say the trespasser was stealing my water hose and I thought he had a gun so I shot him. There is no way I'd go to jail under arrest.

Is the penal code wrong?

SUBCHAPTER D. PROTECTION OF PROPERTY

9.41. PROTECTION OF ONE'S OWN PROPERTY. (a) A person
in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is
justified in using force against another when and to the degree the
actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to
prevent or terminate the other's trespass on the land or unlawful
interference with the property.
(b) A person unlawfully dispossessed of land or tangible,
movable property by another is justified in using force against the
other when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force
is immediately necessary to reenter the land or recover the
property if the actor uses the force immediately or in fresh pursuit
after the dispossession and:
(1) the actor reasonably believes the other had no
claim of right when he dispossessed the actor; or
(2) the other accomplished the dispossession by using
force, threat, or fraud against the actor.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974.
Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, 1.01, eff. Sept. 1,

9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is
justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or
tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the
other under Section 9.41; and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the
deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of
arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the
nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing
immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated
robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the
property; and
(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or
recovered by any other means; or
(B) the use of force other than deadly force to
protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or
another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

9.43. PROTECTION OF THIRD PERSON'S PROPERTY. A person
is justified in using force or deadly force against another to
protect land or tangible, movable property of a third person if,
under the circumstances as he reasonably believes them to be, the
actor would be justified under Section 9.41 or 9.42 in using force
or deadly force to protect his own land or property and:
(1) the actor reasonably believes the unlawful
interference constitutes attempted or consummated theft of or
criminal mischief to the tangible, movable property; or
(2) the actor reasonably believes that:
(A) the third person has requested his protection
of the land or property;
(B) he has a legal duty to protect the third
person's land or property; or
(C) the third person whose land or property he
uses force or deadly force to protect is the actor's spouse, parent,
or child, resides with the actor, or is under the actor's care.

[edit on 20-8-2004 by TexasConspiracyNut]

[edit on 20-8-2004 by TexasConspiracyNut]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
nativeokie,
I'm not talking about the people who could face assault charges, i'm talking about the scumbag
who got the #%$@ punched out of him. He is 44yr old!

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan

I never claimed any differently. I know who and what I am.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Now the whole sexual assault/tree branch thing is a bit sadistic in my opinion

I agree with you here I perfectly understand beating this guy with in a inch of his life but the whole rape thing is scary. Who ever did that is sick. Protecting your children is one thing but that goes to far.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Texas I would be very careful if you actually tried to put that into practice.

This particular section
3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or
recovered by any other means; or
(B) the use of force other than deadly force to
protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or
another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury

Is basically how you would be convicted. Deadly force is accepted if you are faced with deadly force (such as armed robbery). You said you would shoot someone stealing your car, and shoot to kill (deadly force).

Due to the fact that recovery is possible through normal police action you would not be able to use this as justification for shooting someone stealing a car at night.

In the event of an armed robbery this statute protects your rights to respond with similar force to protect yourself and property.

You cannot shoot someone stealing your car and expect not to face some level of legal action. I am unaware of anyone using this particular law to justify such actions (at least successfully). This statute is used mostly by business owners who fire on ARMED robbers.

My point though is this case we are discussing would not fall under this law anyway as there is no theft of property, assault or any crime committed that threatened bodily harm to anyone. I know we can't predict what might have happened if no one caught him but you cannot assume it either direction legally.

One more time, the guy that did this was scum and I would have loved to see him in court to be convicted. No no will get the chance now, instead the 5 year old will lose her mother and aunt and most likely end up in our screwed up CPS system.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join