It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone is getting filthy rich right now. Who is it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Market crash of 2008-

Could someone please enlighten me as to where the money was going when they say it was being taken out of the money markets so rapidly that our economic and political structure would have collapsed were it not for bailouts? It didn't just vanish, so who ended up with said cash that needed to be replaced by bailouts? If there is a shortage of wealth that is causing our global economy to falter, and money doesn't just disappear, where does it all go? Who is becoming rich while the rest of the world is falling apart?

Childish question I know, but I'm seriously asking it anyway.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
It sure aint me getting rich....

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
It sure aint me getting rich....

Me either dude, I wish I was rich! I'm tired of being poor! Somebody always got money, even if we're scraping to have a loaf of bread.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheThirdAdam
Market crash of 2008-

Could someone please enlighten me as to where the money was going when they say it was being taken out of the money markets so rapidly that our economic and political structure would have collapsed were it not for bailouts? It didn't just vanish, so who ended up with said cash that needed to be replaced by bailouts? If there is a shortage of wealth that is causing our global economy to falter, and money doesn't just disappear, where does it all go? Who is becoming rich while the rest of the world is falling apart?

Childish question I know, but I'm seriously asking it anyway.

No money to start with!....Just digits on a computer screen!!

I thought everyone knows that!

Oh yer!....being rich aint what its cracked up to be!...Believe me!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
My boss is pretty well off this time and he got that way by following "ATS-style" tinfoil-hat advice years ago, investing in gold and silver, other things like cotton and metals. Started out small but kept putting more and more in from income from his small business. Anyway needless to say he's kind of on top of the world now. We just hope he doesnt close down out lowly retail store where I work becuse we are no longer in the black and from a business standpoint it might not make sense. I am dreading it dreading it...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheThirdAdam

Could someone please enlighten me as to where the money was going when they say it was being taken out of the money markets so rapidly that our economic and political structure would have collapsed were it not for bailouts?

Usually a comment like this is referring to people selling stocks on the public exchange.

If enough people saturate the market with stocks, the value drops.

The money - in a sense - vanishes as confidence in stocks plummets.

This can work two ways though, demand can make stocks increase in value and if not capped, they can exceed actual value and create a situation like we had in the 1920's where a company worth US$1M had stock values of US$2M. Despite the stock being worth twice as much, the company could only pay a dividend on actual profits made on a company worth US$1M. This over-investment eventually caught up with itself and the stock exchange crashed.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
All i know is that Julia Gillard is making money, especially by passing tha carbon tax soon

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Actually... in a way, it did just disappear. Our monetary system is based on fractional and fiat currency. That means it's backed by either a small portion of it's amount, or it's backed by nothing at all. This recession/depression has been largely based on the housing bubble, banks making risky loans to people who ended up not being able to pay, and then selling those bad assets, or debts, to other financial institutions or what have you. Keep in mind, the money that the banks use to make loans for those houses, and the money the financial institutions use to buy the bad debts from the banks were created out of thin air. Created with the stroke of a pen. They are nothing more than a statement on a balance sheet. For instance, If the Fed sets the reserve ratio for the banks at 9 to 1, that means when you deposit $100 into your bank account, they are able to then loan out $900 based on your $100. The $900 was never really there, it was created out of thin air. It's an invisible credit, assumed that it will be liquidated at some point when the loanee pays it back. So all these transactions and purchases and sell offs are carried out on paper, or electronically, not with actual dollar bills. Again, they are based on the assumption that one day, who ever is at the bottom of them, will use their real paper dollar bills to pay it. The problem is when it turns out they can't pay them. Then everything goes wrong, because the banks had created all this money that they didn't have, and now it's becoming apparent that they will never have it.

If you already knew most of this, I apologize. I'm just trying to illustrate the point that when you have a monetary system such as ours, money can and does "just disappear", because for the most part, it was never really there in the first place.

If you want to know everything there is to know about the practice of modern banking, the history of who and what got banking to this point, as well as the history of how banking has influenced nearly every event since it's inception, definitely read G. Edward Griffin's book, The Creature from Jekyll Island. Only book you'll ever need as far as I'm concerned

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerozero00

No money to start with!....Just digits on a computer screen!!

Exactly. That's what I should have said instead

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by zerozero00

so there never was any money to begin with? i think that even though there wasn't a fed note as a hard copy per se, those numbers still stood for something.

@partygirl,

im glad that ur boss is doing well and sorry to hear about your job, it will all work out... i was talking about the $900 billion that the bailouts replaced, who has the original $900 billion?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

so there never was any money to begin with? i think that even though there wasn't a fed note as a hard copy per se, those numbers still stood for something.

In essence, no, the numbers didn't stand for anything. At least not anything that mattered once it all came crashing down. What the bailout "replaced" was money that was conjured out of nothing

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
You are correct though, in assuming that people are getting filthy rich right now. The end result of all this is the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
It's all about supply and demand...I think.
If demand is high and supply is low or limited then it takes more currancy to cover and hence if demand is low so is the value.
Wealth doesn't disapear it just changes hands.
The value of fiat currancy is falling which reflects in the price of commodities - such as gold silver oil etc.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

@partygirl,

im glad that ur boss is doing well and sorry to hear about your job, it will all work out... i was talking about the $900 billion that the bailouts replaced, who has the original $900 billion?

This should help you understand the fraudulent system we have in place!

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight of hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in inequity and born in sin . Bankers own the earth. Take it away from them but leave them the power to create money, and with a flick of a pen, they will create enough money to buy it back again . Take this great power away from them and all great fortunes like mine will disappear, for then this would be a better and happier world to live in . But if you want to continue to be the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let bankers continue to create money and control credit."

Sir Josiah Stamp, president of the Bank of England and the second richest man in Britain in the 1920's, speaking at the University of Texas in 1927.

source!

I know its hard to believe but it is true!!

You will find this site a very interesting read!
ancientbankingsecret

edit on 23-8-2011 by zerozero00 because: add source

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
so most our the digital currency is backed by comodity assets? Is it safe to say that the gold standard is out the window then? When did this happen?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
A lot of people did make a lot of money in selling and fraudulent sub prime loans with commissions. Anyone with a few working brain cells could see that these loans where unsustainable and not able to be repaid. So they put all these bad loans into a basket called collateralized debt obligations, paid off a ratings agency to say these investments are really great and sold them around the world to make even more money. Once all the lies could not be kept up, the reality caught up and it all fell down.

It does look like there has been a lot more fraud going on behind the scenes, but with more lies and buck passing going around it is a tough one to sort out. It still sounds like there are trillions in bad assets still floating around the markets and the public is picking up the bill as most nations around the world are deep in debt. Overall it does look like one big, complex scam for the banks to take control of government.

Iceland is the only nation to tell the banks tough, you messed up you pay for it. This did cause a lot of pain in the community as all the bank accounts ended up in the bin. Overall though the nation has recovered a lot quicker and does not have the debt burden that is incapacitating many other nations. As for where is the money? great question, find that and you will find the enemy within.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

The Federal Reserve Board set forth these lending standards. And why not? If they can issue money out of thin air, why wouldn't we have NINA and SISA loans?

The Government Program seemed to work for lower income families taking money management counseling in the beginning. What created the bubble was the investor class plus outright fraud pulling equity out with inflated appraisal values. The payoff's went up and down the chain... Investor, broker, appraiser, and title.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

so most our the digital currency is backed by comodity assets? Is it safe to say that the gold standard is out the window then? When did this happen?

Yes, gold standard was officially abandoned under Nixon

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Well, you should plan on the store closing. Your boss is so out of here. This guy would be NUTS to stick around.

The people around here will demand he fork over 70-80% of it, pronto!

You sound like a nervous little worker bee...you should demand he give you half! He made you nervous and you deserve it!

But, the worker that you are, you'll probably just stick it out and hunt down another job and another job after that, and up and up you'll climb. You're probably one of those who still believe hard-work, independence, determination, and drive will pay off.... silly working people when are they going to open their eyes?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join