It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What disaster scares you the most?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
IMO, the scariest disaster would be a globe-wide nuclear war, and the nuclear winter that comes after. Imagine seeing the telltale sign of war(a mushroom cloud), somehow surviving for months in a fallout shelter, and then going back up to the surface world to find a scorched earth, devoid of all plant and animal life for miles around? It'd be the only time I would actually consider suicide.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Anything that cannot be seen, like a pandemic or radiation would be the worst for me. You cannot see them and don't know until its usually to late to do anything about it.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

5. Large meteor impact, resulting in widespread global firestorms.

Assuming you survive the impact, quakes etc, what is your plan to survive the firestorms?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Anything of the nuclear variety

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltdog
Anything that cannot be seen, like a pandemic or radiation would be the worst for me. You cannot see them and don't know until its usually to late to do anything about it.

Ditto. If you can't see it,you can't fight it,and if you aren't prepared for it,you die slowly and painfully from it,while watching those around you suffer a similar fate.

Creepy topic. well done.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Anything slow and/or dragged along.

If I'm in the center of an epic/fatal nuclear attack, earthquake, tornado, and assuming that it's swift, then I'll have little time to think, watch or incur suffering.

I agree with the posters that talk about bubonic plague, ebola, etc.

Or something like ricin.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Facebook has become self aware. dun dun, dun dun, dun dun!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dl2one

Love it.

But,when that's true,won't it post responses to us,or fill in our status updates for us etc.,thereby rendering itself useless as a social network medium,and thereby cease to exist?? Or will it morph and send low impulse signals to us thru our screens,programming us to give over control to it,causing US to do IT'S bidding instead of the other way 'round,like now,thereby creating a new initiative for itself??? It could behave like the HIV and just shift to stay ahead of the game..the possibilities are endless!

Snobbish thing..just thinking about it gives me a headache..
edit on 24-8-2011 by Qouth The Raven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Fortunately, the advanced developed nations in Europe, North America and some parts of the Far East and Australasia should be able to contend with most disasters because they have the infrastructure, wit and science. I would not be overly afraid in Wisconsin, Wiltshire or Queensland.

Unfortunately, any other part of the world, mostly the continents of Africa and South America, the Middle East, parts of Asia, India and to some extent, China and Russia, where life is tough and there is little infrastructure and depth of advanced capabilities and science, disasters would mean a different thing.

You just need to look to the inability of some parts of Africa to cope with drought, disease and conflict.

It’s a sad divide, but selfishly I am glad to be part of the more survivable bit.

Regards

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm not scared of disaster, I'm not scared of dying. The only thing I am scared of is my loved ones having to suffer.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

One that means we are powerless, confined slaves ie concentration camps etc.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join