It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What disaster scares you the most?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
A zombie apocalypse.

Or a "War of the Worlds" scenario with huge spindly-legged robots walking around vaporizing and crushing humans. Just the thought of that ear-splitting trumpet-sound-thing they did is enough to make me cower under my bed.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

trapped underground//cave-in

i work underground.........sometimes..

nuff said???

i know the REAL dangers

YEAH!

I have been underground during an earth quake.

Watching the rock beds slide past each other has got to be the most AWESOME sight I have ever seen! My partners and I managed not to get hit by any falling rock.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I'm not worried about any mass destruction though I think there is a chance of it coming but just as much chance of it not. What worries me is that it might happen when I'm an really old man and wouldn't stand a fighting chance. I'd hate to live in a world where society has gone (further) to crap, no law and order, a reel fight for survival and I'm 89 years old or some such age.

P.S This is a good post and a question seldom asked. I noted the troll who must sit and wait for a new thread so just ignore the waste of space. You've probably just touched on his greatest fear as in a fight for survival he'd no doubt be dead in the water.
edit on 23-8-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal
reply to post by kro32

Mass ignorance.

Your fear has arrived! Run. Run far run long as the world is being populated by that very genetic mutation...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
A NWO caused Famine - Unfortunately it looks like that is in the plans for the near future. Add to that GMO terminator genes and GMO spermicidal genes getting loose in the environment.
Horizontal Gene Transfer from GMOs Does Happen

Epicyte, Calif. Biotech Co., Making Corn Containing Spermicde It was funded by the USDA and taken over in 2004 by a private Pittsboro, North Carolina biotech company

The UDSA will profit too; despite being a taxpayer-funded federal agency, it plans to collect a 5% royalty on all terminator seed sales. ...

TRAITOR TECHNOLOGY
Traitor technology means a corporation can put a number of commercial characteristics onto a plant variety or in an animal breed. By applying a chemical AFTER the sale the farmer can activate or de-activatethe characteristics he purchased. www.twnside.org.sg...

Congress during the Lame Duck session passed a law that turns tcontrol of the entire US food Supply over to the World TRADE organization (and the Ag Cartel)

The new law includes the following section:

SEC. 404. COMPLIANCE WITH INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS.
Nothing in this Act (or an amendment made by this Act) shall be construed in a manner inconsistent with the agreement establishing the World Trade Organization or any other treaty or international agreement to which the United States is a party.
www.fda.gov...

Some one was complaining about not given SOLUTIONS. If you wish to actually DO SOMETHING read my thread and write/e-mail the Federal Register with comments.

The thread is www.abovetopsecret.com...
Dr Thornsberry a veterinarian who chairs R-CALF USA’s animal health committee in one paragraph summed up the whole problem with the WTO's TRACEABILITY (Animal & veggie ID.)

".....the National Animal Identification System (NAIS) is being forced on their industry. The U.S. signed a World Trade Organization (WTO) treaty and is now submitting to global rules on animal trade established by the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE).

The OIE wants the U.S. to accept imports from countries where animal [or plant] disease problems persist.

For example, while the U.S. eradicated Equine Piroplasmosis – a tick-borne protozoal infection, the OIE wants the U.S. to accept imports from countries that have not eradicated this disease. With NAIS, horse movements could be traced from birth to death, thus eliminating the need to disallow high-risk imports because, according to the OIE, the U.S. could manage contagious diseases within its borders."[
SOURCE

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Ya do know a disaster doesn't have to be of epic proportions...
When I was living in a city the thought of a home invasion was a real possibility...
Having one of my kids shot or raped kept me up at night...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
zombie apocalypse

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Fukishima scares me the most.
We are misled, lied to and kept in the dark.
If it gets worse, we could see an end to everything we are accustomed to.
IMHO,it is the worst disaster in the history of mankind.
and Radiation is a slow painful killer.
you can't fight it with weapons.
It will slowly cause us all to die of cancer.
We can only speculate at how devastating this will be in the comming years.

this scenario scares the pants off me.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Riots and such

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
A fleet of ufos that lands and carebears and smurfs come out to smurf and love everyone with their caring loving selves....
scares the beegees out of meh

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Obamacare and it's powers to take over your bank accounts to steal my money.
QE3 and Bernake- Another disaster in the making.
Our Constitutional rights being trampled by the likes of the Airport thugs.
I do like the ignorance post!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
another 4 years of the current potus

i would rather face a comet smashing into the earth

it would be a quick clean death.

worthy of vallah

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by kro32

Ya do know a disaster doesn't have to be of epic proportions...
When I was living in a city the thought of a home invasion was a real possibility...
Having one of my kids shot or raped kept me up at night...

Absolutely you are correct. I specialize in erosion and sometimes the smallest things can cause disaster for a few people. Often when I drive around a city I get the urge to stop and warn people that the hill their house is built on won't be there in 10 years if they don't correct the problem.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
For me it's a toss up. I can't decide whether a Yellowstone eruption or a cancellation of spongebob (like a previous poster stated) makes me for scared. Im on the fence between the two but a shoestring is hanging over the Yellowstone side.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
you can see pandemics coming, prediction isn't an issue, it is how to stop the spreading that is the issue.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
And to answer your question,

tornadoes, still hard to predict, you have very little time when the alarm is given, and where they go is completely unpredictable.

Anything else you have more planning and more notice.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Losing your job in the current economic situation should be at the top of everybodies everyday lists, cos if that goes then your house is gone as well as a strong possible outcome.
For the more creative unusual crises, I favour spacial impact, severe weather changes, government abuse of the people leading to civil unrest, alien invasion and zombies in that order.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I think for myself its more of the unprepared issue that scares me most about most potential disasters,

Earthquakes in one way as there's not much warning and in the possibility of a large quake say in my city of London, As our towns and cities would not be built for such a disaster,

My main fear would be Fire, Wild fires spread at unbelievable speed and can change in a moment due to other natural occurrence's like wind direction which in turn could leave your trapped and not able to get out, the thought of watching those flames getting closer and closer would be my nightmare!

I guess its something on all disaster scales that we have to think about and swat up on a little to have any chance of surviving any big event that came our way,

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Yep, us Londoners can't even deal with a bit of bad weather, look at the snow we had in february last year.
EVERYTHING ground to a halt, saying that it was the only time of the year that everyone was cordial and polite to everyone else, joking and generally having a laugh, the wife and I got pelted with snowballs by some adults so we chucked some back..

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
you can see pandemics coming, prediction isn't an issue, it is how to stop the spreading that is the issue.

WORSE the pandemics are being ushered in by the FDA and similar bureaucrats in other countries.

Here is just one example using an animal disease that can be transmitted to people....

The USA had gotten rid of this disease within our borders but the new WTO philosophy is to accept import of diseased plants and animals and WHEN, not IF it becomes a problem you use the OIE "Depopulation" procedures like they did in the UK in 2001 for Foot & Mouth disease. For the true HORROR of the OIE's depopulation methods read this REPORT.

Remember food borne illness more than DOUBLE in the USA since WTO yet Congress has done nothing but give the WTO the green light to further contaminate our food supply (If you want to make a comment to the FDA in the Federal Register see my Thread )

The World Trade Organization's Agreement on Ag, "risk assessment" and "TRACEABILITY" have striped countries of the right to quarantine and test incoming food, plants and animals. Already tuberculosis, a disease "stamped out" in the USA has come over the borders thanks to an open border policy by the USDA and control of the port of entry by a Mexican Cattlemen Assoc.

THE RESULTS
June 13, 2002 -- It is done. As of June 3, Texas is no longer accredited free for cattle tuberculosis (TB).

Bovine Tuberculosis in New Mexico: As of September 11, 2008, the USDA has downgraded New Mexico's Bovine TB status from Accredited Free to Modified Accredited Advanced

2008, downgrade in California's tuberculosis status is required Note that when WTO was ratified in 1995 government testing in Califonia was cut from over 10,000 cows per year to around 1,000.

It is now left to the states to close THEIR borders: Movement Restrictions for Cattle Entering OKLAHOMA

So much for the USDA and the FDA protecting the US people the only thing they protect is CORPORATE PROFIT!!!
edit on 24-8-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join