It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.5 Colorado Earthquake

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Just curious, didn't anyone post the big quake in Virginia this morning?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
All of the brains behind the posts are great! All the detailed information is wonderful!
I haven't logged into here for a while. I live in CO and thought I'd get on to see some details. I was laying in bed last night trying to sleep and felt (only for a split second) as if I was on a boat! I thought I had lost my mind. Apparently not.... While I'm not 100% sure I felt something, I'm sure it was this. I live in Denver. So quite a ways away. I checked my USGS app on my phone, but it was too soon to see anything and I was quite tired.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
100 miles south of Flagstaff Az.

Didn't feel a thing.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Did any earthquakes hit Atlanta?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone already mentioned but it was felt in New Brunswick, Canada as well.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I watch and subscribe to Dutschsince on Youtube. He is very informative and usually has good insight into earthquakes, and major weather problems.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I wasn't aware of any fault lines in Colorado. What fault lines run through Colorado? Did It cause any rock slides due to all the mountains?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Anusuia

It's not abnormal.
neic.usgs.gov...

Yes it is.

link

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

I wasn't aware of any fault lines in Colorado. What fault lines run through Colorado? Did It cause any rock slides due to all the mountains?

earthquake.usgs.gov...

The Sangre de Cristo fault is the longest fault in Colorado that has compelling evidence of late Quaternary movement. The fault marks the western side of the Sangre de Cristo Range and the eastern margin of the San Luis Valley and extends about 300 km from Poncha Pass at the northern end of the San Luis Valley in Colorado to near Taos, New Mexico on the south.

I guess some rocks came down on hwy 12 and I-25. A few homes near Trinidad were damaged pretty bad. I'm just hoping the boulders in my backyard stay put.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I posted this on another thread, but virginia and co had aftershocks within the last hour - here is the website:

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Also, just saw on twitter.com, that TEMA has told Tennesseans to get prepared. Just sayin . . .

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join