It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Was A Woman: The Bible States It

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing." (Matthew 23:37)

And God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. (Genesis 1:27)

www.allonlinebible.com...

That source is not the actual Bible because I couldn't find it online so sorry about that however you can type in the Bible verse in the link I provided. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
That sounds more like it's stating that God is neither male nor female, because God created huMAN in it's image both male and female. I'm not sure how you get God is specifically a female out of those 2 verses? To argue that God isn't male, though, I can understand.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
LOL

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
God is a "hu" and we are the man.
For your giggles.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I'm waiting to see how many people actually take the sarcastic undertone of the OP seriously...

Both in this thread, and their "America needs royalty to look up to" thread. lol

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Well, it DOES explain all the mood swings in the Old Testament, doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
God must be a woman, because Num 23:19 says "God is not a man!"

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Tangled4u

God is a divine being, not a male nor female. Prove me wrong.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
"God is an invention of the early male world. Men have never come to terms anywhere with the fact that women have children and by doing this create life. They seem small and unimportant. Thus they have invented for themselves and for us a super man: god. The creator of the universe. This is so obviously grotesque and unrealistic, you'd fall off your seat laughing if it wasn't still believed in and "practiced" across the world. The creator is a man? Ha ha! We're not going to let this society continue throwing sand in our eyes, a society that only wants to quieten us down and exploit our senses. Be realistic! Demand the impossible!"

- Hanin Elias, Berlin, 1998

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
well he did have long hair and a floating tiara, i suppose that is a bit girly.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tangled4u

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing." (Matthew 23:37)

And God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. (Genesis 1:27)

That source is not the actual Bible because I couldn't find it online so sorry about that however you can type in the Bible verse in the link I provided. Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------
I know what you might assume from the verses but Each verse is a 2 part Statment.

And God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him Part 1
male and female He created them. (Genesis 1:27)
Part 2
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you Part 1
how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing." (Matthew 23:37) Part 2 ( and the hen gathering example is not litteral , God is not a Chicken

:
Thx for the thread..

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
God let Moses have a peek at his.........er.............her ass.........yeah, God is a woman and a tease.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

GOD was a woman? What did she give herself a d*ck? Of did GOD die? Because 'was' is clearly in the past as NOT in the present.

Also the bible is a load of non-sense and people still devoting there lives to an OLD book over 2,000 years old and translated a lot of times, need to take a look at the world. Not just stare, really LOOK all the wars, violence, different religions!, etc. Does GOD exist? Yes it certainly does! Does GOD have a gender? No! How can the almighty GOD have a gender 'preference'?

Doesn't it shake you religious people up that there are so many different religions over the world? Seriously IF the BIBLE was the true religion, don't you think it would be a world wide religion? Think about that, WHY are there so many different religions? And some present MORE than one GOD.

Once you can answer that, tell me how you still feel about your religion, and why does the pope say 'aliens might be a reality'? Didn't GOD create the 'heavens and the earth'? So why is there no other race on other planets mentioned in your bible?

Let me ask you this then: IF aliens turned out to be a reality, can you then still believe a SINGLE word out of your religious book?

GOD is not male nor female.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Tangled4u

GOD was a woman until she changed her mind....:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Just imo....

The first quote doesnt mean God is woman. To me it simply say's that Jerusalem - the city and ( if you believe ) the spiritual dwelling of the same name- has been afflicted by warring "children" who refuse to come together and listen to what God wants....as it was then, so it is today it seems.
It speaks of Gods desire to bring all parties existant in Jerusalem together under His protection.
The keywords being *as* a hen gathers. God isnt saying he is a big female chicken. Or God is a big chicken. You choose.
A good thing to note here is "God" isnt interested taking sides..christian or catholic or zionist idea of god vs islam idea of god, in this verse God it seems is annoucing his 'seperatness' or distinctiveness from human God concepts saying he is 'big enough' to care and protect all of them' under his wing - in a sense he's saying the fighting is futile..and has nothing to do with his preference for one tribe or another - a very important point that both sides of the ME conflict would do well to listen to...if you were a christian, it would also be important to note that this is a point he reitterated when he sent his own son to confirm just that with the message- we are to Love one another.

The second quote refers firstly to Man - the species, and then to a male and female " THEM" which most take to mean the deliniation of the species into two orders, male and female.

Some though, say it represents something different. This difference is important but again doesnt say God is a woman. Some say it elludes to the nature of mankind, that within each individual of mankind, rests a male/female aspect - a mother and father aspect, who in companionship with Gods Spirit/ghost, make up the trinity of the person _of_ God.

This is different again to those spiritual concepts that would say that Man has male and female divine aspects within himself which in combination with Spirit make that person "God".

As regards "made in His image" you again have to decipher if the scripture is refering to a direct image, as in, "we were literally hand crafted/created and so 'in image' we emulate the looks, mind, abilities, emotions or internal structure of God, or wether it is the case that we were 'thought up' in Gods *imagination* - that we dont imagine him he imagines us - or even if it is as it is with a child, you are the 'spitting image' of your father, but you are not your father...so an 'image' of lineage or genetic heritage...that there is a living God/father and we are the results of that mater-paternity.

Neither scripture says Gods a woman. I dont know the answer personally, though if you'd like to explain your rational for the conclusion you've drawn, Id be happy to debate it with you and see what we come up with.
Whenever I read the bible I read and ask 'what am I fearing' and then ' what else could it mean'. It helps.

Rosha

edit on 23-8-2011 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
"God" is masculine gender. Notice how the English words emphasize that fact: MALE vs. fe-MALE and MAN vs. wo-MAN.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Jesus himself seemed to have a very strong feminine side. Infact there is a strong opinion amongst people that jesus christ himself was indeed a Homosexual.
edit on 23-8-2011 by Elvis Hendrix because: infact

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
"God" is masculine gender.

How so? If I said "Chair" is that masculine too?
I've always felt God the word is descriptive for big cheese, head honocho etc..a title..not a personal name per say. Ive often wondered for those that do use it as a name why then do they keep seeking or keep asking what the 'name of God' is...its simple to me..Gods name would be 'God' no?

MALE vs. fe-MALE and MAN vs. wo-MAN.

In certain areas of the bible, the word Woman was given a direct symbolic meaning. It was intended to represent those who were 'without' man. ie: those who 'came out of' man.

R

edit on 23-8-2011 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
In Judaism, God is sometimes referred to in masculine terms and sometimes (when referred to as Shechinah) in feminine terms, and as such, God is both male and female.

Islam refers to God as The Creator or The Almighty, which are neither male nor female.

In Christianity, there is a triune God (or three gods, by non-Christian interpretation) - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. This is why God said: “Let us make mankind in our image" (plural). If one assumes that the Holy Spirit is female (as is the case in old Christian texts - see below), then the mixed gender of the triune Christian God is easily explained:

In the Syriac language too, the grammatically feminine word ruah means "spirit", and writers in that language, both orthodox and Gnostic, used maternal images when speaking of the Holy Spirit.

Source

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
You title is misguided.
In your post,it says:

So where do you see the statement that the God is a women?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join