It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Battle For Libya Is Almost Over... As Is The Battle For Its 144 Tons Of Gold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

The Battle For Libya Is Almost Over... As Is The Battle For Its 144 Tons Of Gold

www.zerohedge.com

Following a 6 month stalemate in which neither side had attained any advantage, it suddenly took just a few days for the Libyan rebel forces to steamroll unopposed into Tripoli. While we are confident that the political aftermath of this outcome will be very much comparable to what is happening in Egypt right now, many wonder why it is that the Libyan situation has progressed with such speed. Perhaps the answer can be found in the 143.8 tons of gold held by the Libyan Central Bank. Granted it is nowhere near close the 366 tons of gold that Venezuela supposedly has per the WGC, most of it likel
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Just came across this and now all this makes sense.It's why NATO and Al Queda are working together they want all 143.8 tons of gold in the Libyan central bank which now that we have all heard the news about the collapse of Gaddafi's government what better way to continue to fund the war on terror then with an infusion of gold?

www.zerohedge.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Not to be a jerk, but you were beaten to this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
Not to be a jerk, but you were beaten to this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Threads are allowed to be in two separate forums. And it's a great way to get information and discussion
disseminated better.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I get that. I was not not trying to be a dink, just let the OP know that another discussion was going on.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

144 tons……… Um………. Think about it for a second…
That is about 8billion at current market prices.

That won’t even cover the total cost of the operation to date.

They would have gotten more gold by just buying it on the open market with the money they spent on operations.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I was unaware of the other thread,but as Whaa said this is a good way to spread this story yes,Libya's gold assets are frozen but guess what will happen when the Nato-Al Queda government goes looking for those? they will have mysteriously disappeared into the various NATO countries banks.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Libya will soon be the Kingdom of Libya and that is compatible with NWO.
edit on 23-8-2011 by Patrol because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2011 by Patrol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patrol
Libya will soon be the Kingdom of Libya and that is compatible with NWO.

How have you figured that out? The composition of the "new" Libya is not determined yet. I know that it is customary for people to think everything is already set, but perhaps not. Perhaps we just need to sit back, relax and watch as the situation resolves itself.

A couple of things we can be certain of. Firstly, Libya has been under a nasty authoritarian regime for a few decades so the social and government structures will have to be built from scratch. Secondly, the people with the power and authority under Gaddafi will continue to work for their own ends and thirdly, the West has a vested interest in a Libya which is stable.

There is a good chance that Libya will move from authoritarian to democracy. Surely, something to celebrate.

Regards

edit on 23/8/2011 by paraphi because: edited quote which I missed in first submission

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

You might want to check your math.
That's closer to $17 Billion, a sizable chunk of loot in anyone's book.
Not to mention all the oil and water resources that Libya has.
Libya has been a stable nation for decades.
In fact, Gaddafi had an assassination attempt on him by Al Qaeda back in the 80's after he refused to allow them to set up a training camp in Libya.
Gaddafi is a wild card, like Chavez that can't be controlled by the central banks.
That is the reason we have been "assisting" the revolution.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Well it's been "zero-hour" for what? 3 months now? This must be the longest zero-hour in history. I'm eagerly waiting for this war to be over but I have a feeling it'll just keep going.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
That's closer to $17 Billion, a sizable chunk of loot in anyone's book.

Actually, I think Mr Tranny’s maths are correct. Libya has 144 tonnes of gold – that’s metric, so that’s 144,000 KG’s which equates to $7-8bn at current gold prices of c $50K per KG.

Edit - just to add that in the great scheme of things the gold is not much.

Regards

edit on 23/8/2011 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
What would they need gold for? According to them gold is nothing more than a barbaric relic.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Actually, I think Mr Tranny’s maths are correct. Libya has 144 tonnes of gold – that’s metric, so that’s 144,000 KG’s which equates to $7-8bn at current gold prices of c $50K per KG.

Edit - just to add that in the great scheme of things the gold is not much.

It is more gold than the USA has...

The shocking admission Ft Knox holds very little good delivery gold was made to Mr. Durell by the chief official of the General Accounting Office (GAO). This happened a few months after the September 1974 tour.

...In 1988, 22 years ago, I wrote a book about Fort Knox, the gold there, and the documented history of official lies, evasions and incompetence of those who were entrusted with the gold.

I say "documented history" because when writing the book, I was very careful to only include official documents and private correspondence from the US government, stretching from 1934 to 1987. Using their own responses to the questions of just how much gold is left, and what that gold's quality is, for the first time this book put all these governmental attempts to answer the questions about their own gold policies in one place. What their responses revealed was shocking to me....

The only audit that has ever been done of the gold inside Ft Knox was done days after Dwight Eisenhower became President in January of 1953.... it wasn't much of an audit. To sum it up:

1. Representatives of the audited group were allowed to make the rules governing the audit. No outside private experts were allowed.
2. Those government bureaucrats involved were inexperienced in their tasks, by their own admission.
3. The entire audit of the largest gold hoard ever concentrated in history lasted only seven days.
4. Only a fraction of the gold was actually tested. Later, the officials put this fraction at just 5%.
5. Based on that fraction, the official committee reported that, in their opinion, all the holdings would have matched their records if they'd all been tested.
6. If the audit was accurate, the fact remains that almost 80% of it went overseas in the coming years. If the audit was not accurate, the amount of gold lost could have been even more.

The years after 1953 saw hundreds of millions of ounces of gold fly out of the US. It is absolutely certain that wealthy Americans, operating behind foreign institutions, were able to accumulate gold at what are clearly now bargain prices. But more important, America's enemies were able to do the same: exchanging the paper dollars for gold at $35 an ounce....
www.lewrockwell.com...

WHO owns the gold still in Ft Knox??? Seems 66% of Germany's gold (3,400 tons???) resides in fort Knox!

Jim Rickards lays out a plan to commandeer Germany’s and all foreign depositors of sovereign gold at the New York Fed as currency wars heat up... maxkeiser.com...

Also China is amassing gold:

The Wall Street Journal reports Friday that gold prices are soaring to record highs as a new powerful factor has emerged as a driver of that rally — China.

According to the Journal, China is now buying huge amounts of gold ...
key data released by China’s state-run Xinhua news agency showing that China imported 209.7 metric tons of gold in the first 10 months of this year. That’s a five hundred percent increase compared to the same period in 2009... www.moneynews.com...

Jun 18, 2010 ... As the world's largest producer of the metal, China often buys gold from its own mines and doesn't report those sales publicly... www.businessinsider.com...

The People's Bank of China(PBOC) recommended yesterday that 1 billion Chinese consider buying gold as a hedge against inflation ; blogs.forbes.com...

top topics

join