It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dearest Barack,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Hey there, buddy. How's it going? Man, it must be tough in your position. You got people attacking you from all angles. Heck, they won't even let up on that stupid bus the Secret Service bought. Republicans hate you for trying to steal America and turn it into a Marxist amusement park; Democrats hate you because you cave to Republicans at every turn. It must be hard, dealing with children like that all the time. Sometimes I wonder why you even bother running again in 2012. I mean, nobody's very happy with you right now, even the people who swept you into the White House. Ungrateful lot. I'm sure you're up til 2 or 3 in the morning most nights, calling people, asking for advice, pondering the Big Questions like "should I act like a President tomorrow or continue this political bukkake film for another six months?"

I think you've got a problem, Barry. The tricks you used in 2008 to gain ground in the Primary and the general election just aren't working anymore. Maybe it's your handlers - God knows they're idiots, they seem to have you giving the wrong speech at the wrong moment from the wrong podium every time there's anything to be said about anything. But I don't think it's your handlers, and even if it was their fault -- you're the President.

Americans right now are pretty angry. Angry at you, sure, but only because you happen to be the guy whose face we get to put on our problems. That comes with the territory of sitting in the Oval Office -- don't take it personally. But, really, Americans are angry about much more than you, sir, will ever amount to.

You seem to think we're mad about high unemployment, about gas prices, foreclosures, about jobs being exported along with the wealth they produce. As long as you think we're angry about issues like those, you're missing the big picture. You're missing the point.

We are angry because the America we all grew up to believe in, the great, victorious nation that defeated Fascism in World War 2, and then rose to conquer the world -- not with armies but with hope -- is dying. We're not too stupid to see that. The dream that work can result in prosperity, that government acts for the People, that our kids can grow up to impress us with lives that we'd never be able to lead, is very tangibly and very quickly slipping away. We don't care where it is going. We don't want to hear that you sympathize. And for the love of Christ, we don't want to keep watching you bounce bad ideas off a gridlocked, corporate-backed Congress!

It's time to face facts, Barry. You're not getting anywhere with us. Half of us think you're ruining the country, and the other half don't think you've got the brains or the guts to do anything to stop this country being ruined. Either way, we're all screwed, and maybe it's just bad luck on your part but the simple truth is you're caught in the middle.

The least you could do would be to grow a pair, stand up on national TV, and declare the country over. Like Eisenhower, have the courage to give us the bad news straight, without any fancy mincing of words. At least tell us what we're in for, so we can prepare ourselves. Don't keep pushing your increasingly diluted version of "hope" and "change" at us like a drug dealer peddling something nobody's addicted to anymore.
edit on 22-8-2011 by vexati0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Darest? Do mean, dearest? LOL...sorry, but that just threw me off.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by vexati0n
We are angry because the America we all grew up to believe in, the great, victorious nation that defeated Fascism in World War 2, and then rose to conquer the world -- not with armies but with hope -- is dying. We're not too stupid to see that. The dream that work can result in prosperity, that government acts for the People, that our kids can grow up to impress us with lives that we'd never be able to lead, is very tangibly and very quickly slipping away. We don't care where it is going. We don't want to hear that you sympathize. And for the love of Christ, we don't want to keep watching you bounce bad ideas off a gridlocked, corporate-backed Congress!

Very well put. You lost me on a couple spots, but for the most part you capture the sentiment quite well I believe. It really is as much having to watch this all slip away as it is the real hardships it will cause. The next generations may actually be blessed by never having known what they lost as a 1st person experience.

join