It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commentary: A ‘no-growth’ boom will follow 2012 global crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
A ‘no-growth’ boom will follow 2012 global crash

There is a global economic boom coming, but unfortunately, that boom comes only after a systemic collapse of the global economy, markets and capitalism — a collapse that may well eliminate billions of people from the planet. Shocking? Cruel? Brutal? Yes.

But folks, that is the coded message in many recent warnings from environmental economists who finally realize that nothing will wake up the public. Nothing but a catastrophic system failure. Only then, a path to reform, recovery, a new boom.....

“You really do have to wonder whether a few years from now we’ll look back at the first decade of the 21st century,” writes Thomas Friedman, a New York Times columnist and author of “Hot, Flat, Crowded,” “when food prices spiked, energy prices soared, world population surged, tornados plowed through cities, floods and droughts set records, populations were displaced and governments were threatened by the confluence of it all — and ask ourselves: What were we thinking? How did we not panic when the evidence was so obvious that we’d crossed some growth/climate/natural-resource/population redlines all at once?”

Friedman quotes Paul Gilding, the veteran Australian environmentalist-entrepreneur, who described this moment in a new book called “The Great Disruption: Why the Climate Crisis Will Bring On the End of Shopping and the Birth of a New World.”

Interesting commentary with some poignant references to the coming collapse and other natural disasters (not cited here but embedded in the article at length).

Has a very World Government / New World Order tone to it as the following paragraph implies:

Oddly, in all this, Gilding is an eternal optimist. He believes that mankind will follow this “Great Disruption” with a period of great cooperation where all nations of the world will come together to save the planet. What’s unspoken, however, is how this great disruption will stop population from growing to 10 billion. And even more significantly: How the crash will scale Earth’s existing population of 7 billion back to a sustainable 5 billion. Yet, that must happen to make the “new equation” work. Unfortunately, what’s unspoken will probably include new global wars, pandemics, famines, starvation and other cataclysmic events, all before the boom.

Dramatic illustrations of the crash and transition to a brave new world, found only in a few conspiracy theory books and commentaries, now beginning to get some further MSM exposure.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Honestly...sounds like NWO propaganda...a little bit of truth mixed in with a dash of exaggeration and blatant lies.
How did they figure out that the magic sustainability number was 5 billion?
So - I guess that means technology is never going to get better or more efficient?
It's not like we're about to run out of space or anything...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
In the simplest sense, when one truly considers the enormous complexity of faults plaguing the human species, does one realize that change, true change, can only come from global calamity.

No other event on earth will be able to force humanity to unite...to really start working together, for the species, and not the wallet, nor the religious belief.

All else have continuously failed. every religion, every political practice, every ruling body, every corporate action...has failed humanity.

Only a global calamity will force the hand of humanity to rely upon its true wealth...the species itself.

In order for humanity to truly live, it has to die.

Just food for thought.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by solardez

I totally agree. While I wanted to search for a quote from the movie The day the Earth Stood Still (the newer one), I could not find it. Jon Voight talks to Klaatu and pleads with him that the pivotal moment of ourselves destroying ourselves, is the time we will shine and grow, and for Klaatu to not be unethical and take that growing pain away from us.

ETA: Found my quote!

Professor Barnhardt: There must be alternatives. You must have some technology that could solve our problem.

Klaatu: Your problem is not technology. The problem is you. You lack the will to change.

Professor Barnhardt: Then help us change.

Klaatu: I cannot change your nature. You treat the world as you treat each other.

Professor Barnhardt: But every civilization reaches a crisis point eventually.

Klaatu: Most of them don't make it.

Professor Barnhardt: Yours did. How?

Klaatu: Our sun was dying. We had to evolve in order to survive.

Professor Barnhardt: So it was only when your world was threated with destruction that you became what you are now.

Klaatu: Yes.

Professor Barnhardt: Well that's where we are. You say we're on the brink of destruction and you're right. But it's only on the brink that people find the will to change. Only at the precipice do we evolve. This is our moment. Don't take it from us, we are close to an answer.

edit on 23-8-2011 by AMANNAMEDQUEST because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I've always been saying that mass starvation is fun.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
They finally found out that they can not control the people.

Maybe its time to just throw in the towel and give up this whole charade.

Un-Mask yourselves. Games over.

....no.....not.. yet....battle...must....be....won.....

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I'm looking forward to a super solar flare CME that by extraordinary condition causes super EMP upon earth.

■ First, satellites will go down.
■ Then, aeroplanes will crash.
■ Telecommunications and electricity blackout. Computers and phones will be useless.
■ Traffic lights offline. Road crashes everywhere.
■ All electronic cash, trade and investments will become worthless.

Trust in God.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I think 5 billion people is still unsustainable. I go with the number the Georgia Guidestones says of 500 Million.

new topics

join