It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top ten myths about the Libya war,CNN Defending Obama and The War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
When i saw this artlice article by CNN today i said to myself (lol now they are defending the rebels and the war)
source

and some of the myths and points dont make sense

Myth #5. The Libyan Revolution was a civil war.

It was not, if by that is meant a fight between two big groups within the body politic. There was nothing like the vicious sectarian civilian-on-civilian fighting in Baghdad in 2006. The revolution began as peaceful public protests, and only when the urban crowds were subjected to artillery, tank, mortar and cluster bomb barrages did the revolutionaries begin arming themselves.

Myth #8. The United States led the charge to war.

There is no evidence for this allegation whatsoever. When I asked Glenn Greenwald whether a U.S. refusal to join France and Britain in a NATO united front might not have destroyed NATO, he replied that NATO would never have gone forward unless the U.S. had plumped for the intervention in the first place.

and he is using salon and feb17.info as source?
thats if you ask me qutie pathetic

Myth #10. This was a war for Libya’s oil.

A Myth you say? oh no its no myth, now stop lying

Moreover, taking Libyan oil off the market through a NATO military intervention could have been foreseen to put up oil prices, which no Western elected leader would have wanted to see, especially Barack Obama, with the danger that a spike in energy prices could prolong the economic doldrums. An economic argument for imperialism is fine if it makes sense, but this one does not, and there is no good evidence for it (that Gadhafi was erratic is not enough), and is therefore just a conspiracy theory.

a conspiracy theory?! again that was pathetic by CNN you can tell by this one CNN is covering up, and alot of people in the comments are catching on.

I agree with most of the comments here so far. I was looking for something informative and fact-based, instead it was just an opinion piece. Does CNN not offer any actual news or facts any more?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Sigh, another thread on Libya started by you? Are you really this butthurt over the outcome of the Libyan civil war? Couldn't you have continued this verbatim rant in any of the other 50 threads you started on Libya in the past 2 weeks?

The NATO support for the Libyan war cost the United States 1.2 billion dollars. TOTAL.

The cost of the Iraq war or the Afghanistan war cost the United States 1.2 billion dollars per day.

Iraq and Afghanistan have dragged on for 10 years, no clear goals, no end in sight.

Libya = 6 months, and Gaddafi is finished. The US and it's allies roles have been minimal, in spite of what you may think. Give the Libyan people some credit for reclaiming their own country.
edit on 23-8-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Give the Libyan people some credit for reclaiming their own country.

unlike you i dont support the CIA American/NATO terrorists or whatever you want to call them who took over of a foreign country and which they want closer ties to the west

edit on 23-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

join