It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to humanity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Okay, so here I go, I am really beginning to think that this entire life we live in America is just an illusion and a mind trick the government plays on us into thinking we live a "free" life. Whatever happened to the days where humans would stick up for each other, compared to nowadays where people go about their lives, pretending that everything is okay. I won't speak for anyone, but I can definitely say that today's living we are being manipulating at all aspects of life, even from the day we were born. Whatever happened to government's protecting the rights of the people?

I definitely believe that majority of the American population are sheeple and need to wake up and realize that we are being controlled every day. It's sickening that a nation such as ours that was founded on the principles of "freedom" decides to become the police force for the entire world. It's heartbreaking to see that the entire world frowns upon us, because of our implementation of our ideologies onto other people.

Nowadays, I feel that everything is based on greed and selfishness. There is so much focus on the war on Libya and other matters that we forget about the humanitarian crises that is occurring in Africa and other parts of the world. The purpose of government is to protect the people, not conquer the rights of people of other nations and enforce our ideologies onto others.

I am just very upset how in a lot of situations around the world, human beings are treated and live worse compared to other animals when we as a nation have the power to end it.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well there is alot of good in the world also you just have to focus on that.

Good post though so I'll give you a flag....not sure how to hand out stars however.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Yeah I feel you on this one. People do need to wake up and smell the damn coffee. It's just that...how long is this going to continue to go on? Efficiency, Freedom & Justice seem to be lacking in this world of ours. What baffles me is how long is this going persist, when is it going to STOP?! Until we are completely eradicated from the face of this planet?

I'm just at a lost for words...

EDIT: We cannot keep living in a materialistic, unbalanced, selfish driven society! If we continue this, we'll lead ourselves down the path of total destruction.
edit on 8/22/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

In all honesty; I hate to say it, but, I think the reset button needs to be pressed.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The world has always had these elements in it and probably always will but it is somewhat balanced by the good in the world which also never goes away. It just depends on what you tend to focus more energy on.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Glad you figured it out brother!

Now spread the message, we're running out of time!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
There does look to be a few reasons behind this mess. The centralisation and propaganda of media is a big part to keep the population dumbed down. The media can legally intentionally lie and it does. The interlocking corporate ownership between media and other industries also presents a clear conflict of interest in the way the media operates.

When looking deeper into the problem, mind control programs like MK Ultra are still in operation and growing in scope and effectiveness. The influx of nazi scientists from project Paperclip are a big part of the uptake of these programs and research.

When looking even deeper, the alien situation does present some questions and indications that the desire for control and use of fear are weapons that are being used in a covert war. What ever the actual situation is on this front it does look complex with many competing forces going on behind the scenes. It is hard to be certain of just what exactly is happening, but there are enough sighting and stories around to demonstrate that something is going on.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Good post though so I'll give you a flag....not sure how to hand out stars however.

See on the top of the post, there is a grey star, click on that, and there you go.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Wasn't it just a few months ago people got arrested for feed the homeless at a park in Florida (at their own expense)?

Sad times we live in.

posted on May, 24 2021 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IEtherianSoul9
Yeah I feel you on this one. People do need to wake up and smell the damn coffee. It's just that...how long is this going to continue to go on? Efficiency, Freedom & Justice seem to be lacking in this world of ours. What baffles me is how long is this going persist, when is it going to STOP?! Until we are completely eradicated from the face of this planet?

I'm just at a lost for words...

EDIT: We cannot keep living in a materialistic, unbalanced, selfish driven society! If we continue this, we'll lead ourselves down the path of total destruction.

In all honesty; I hate to say it, but, I think the reset button needs to be pressed.

And your wish shall be granted.

Just don't expect that those pushing the reset button, have our best interests in mind.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Unvarnished

I am really beginning to think that this entire life we live in America is just an illusion

Wow, an american that ACTUALLY bothered to write 'America' instead of 'this country' or 'this nation' or 'our country'. This is a promising forward move! Maybe in just 50 years, most americans will wake up to the fact that internet exists ALSO outside of 'our country'.

Very good!

However, your post STILL kind of assumes the internet only exists in America. Sigh. Oh, well, baby steps, I guess..

I definitely believe that majority of the American population are sheeple and need to wake up and realize that we are being controlled every day.

Because it's COMPLETELY different in every other country. Only American population are sheeple and controlled every day (as opposed to what, every other day in Denmark?).

Nothing warrants talking about America the way you do - you're talking about global problems like they're american problems. Could american people put aside their nationalistic patriotism and look at the world as a whole for once? I've been to USA but I have not really lived there per se. It's incredible how america-centric americans can sometimes be. You can do better.. the internet is global, we're all suffering from these same things, please recognize this fact.
edit on 20-8-2021 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join