It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman Ceo Hires High Power Defense Attorney

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Goldman Sachs Chief Executive Lloyd Blankfein has hired high-profile Washington defense attorney Reid Weingarten, according to a government source, as the Justice Department continues to investigate the bank.

From Reuters
Can't tell if this is in the hopeful sign or more smoke and mirror BS. It seems like Blankefien having to hire a personal defense attorney is a sign that he may be facing perjury, obstrucion, or fraud charges. All other would be covered by Goldman's army of Lawyers.

That's two big economic news items this evening, along with S&P's replacing of it's CEO.

I have zero faith that anything good for us will come out of this, and notice that the attorney is very well connected and has participated in the defense on some very large cases. Here is his homepage, the rogues gallery is listed.

Link

edit on 22-8-2011 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2011 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
We can only" hope for change". Holder convicts some GS executives with actual prison time and I'd have to formally appologize for 3years of cussing this administration.( I feel that strongly about the thieves at GS)

That would be an "accomplishment" to be proud of.
edit on 22-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I agree I'd take back everything I've said about Holder except the "Fast and Furious" stuff. I doubt I'll have to do that though, I'm taking a look at the attorney deeper and it looks like he may be connected to Holder. Check out the notable cases in the link in my OP.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well the cracks in the Dam

Dont have the GOLD

Silver

Honest Books.

I think this move is pretty obvious and pre emptive.

1 week?

2?

Its coming thats for sure.

Thats the next bailout.

Elf

new topics

top topics

join