It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you look at others, what do you see?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'm just curious as to how we all see others. Do you see anger, fear, love, happiness? Do you see yourself or see separation?

I see it as a person represents fear or love but that's just me.

What about you?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Hmm, I don't really see them....I feel them...does that count? And if that's true, then I feel all kinds of stuff about em.

I'm afraid you'd have to be a wee more specific with me as I do not rely on sight alone when I first view someone.

You mean them as genuine people? Sure, there's more than you would think......most everyone else is a doosh though.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
When I see someone I see them as someones son/daughter. I see them as a mother/father if they in fact are that.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

I see a society failing to realize how they are becoming mindless drones, succumbing to the will of those in power.
I wish I could help those people realize that there is so much more beyond this life.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BooKrackers
reply to post by Ralphy

Hmm, I don't really see them....I feel them...does that count?

I'd get in trouble if I went around feeling people..

I see beings that are as important to themselves as I am to me, and with that goes every little nuance that makes up every day life; ingrown toenail, itchy scalp, hangover, anxiety, etc etc that effectively makes them as unstable as any other random stranger that I'd avoid if I had the option.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

When I see others, I see another fellow human being, which deserves all the good vibes another fellow human can share with them.

Peace

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ralphy
I'm just curious as to how we all see others. Do you see anger, fear, love, happiness? Do you see yourself or see separation?

What about you?

Sometimes I see myself in other people. Your beliefs shape your perception of reality. If you believe all is one, you will see yourself in everyone's eyes. If you believe all is love, you will see love in their eyes. I've experimented with a variety of belief systems and seen reality through several lenses.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
i look at what i was, what i am, what i want to become with

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Read my sig.

I want to see a reflection, but what I see is something out of the ordinary; even by spiritual standards. When I look at everyone else I do see the same being, living many different lives and experiencing many different challenges...but, I'm not a part of this being. This is how I feel. I feel like not just a social outsider (which I'm not, but I still feel as so) but also a spiritual outsider. It's strange to explain, and even more puzzling to experience. I feel as if I'm an observer, looking in the face of an ever changing god that I happen to not be a part of. I'm watching Unity in all of its beautiful complexity and perfection, yet I am not a part of it.

"Why" I would constantly ask myself this question; however, these days I have accepted that whatever I happen to be, I am meant to be. Whether I have the honor of actually being the "last go around" or I am an outside entity watching this one grow, I've realized that it matters not, for I will not have an answer.
I look upon the face of man, and see Unity yet to be realized. At times I wish to whisper to them "Open your eyes" so that they may see themselves as the only self...but I realize that it is a process that must play out. Self realization must occur naturally.

I see potential, I see a god in the making, I see hope.
All of this, I happen to not be a part of, strangely enough...
However, it doesn't sadden me at all anymore, for I now look inward as well, one day I'll be like you...or maybe I already was eons ago...who knows.

I'm sleepy, and rambling...I don't know what I've just written, it was all stream of consciousness, and I'll let it stand as is.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ralphy

What about you?

The other day I was thinking...how do I come across to people? So I asked a few people.....that I know....one said I seem very confident...another said intelligent....another said I seemed pretty happy.

Then I looked at myself....and how I feel on the inside of me.....I feel unsure, not that smart...and very sad most of the time.

So...then I was thinking....why do other people see me as confident, intelligent and happy....then I remembered how I was raised.....I was raised to (act as if) all is well....even if it isn't.

So...when I look at others...I look at their public self...and think...who is the real them....the person when they are alone.....what are their deepest feelings.

edit on 22-8-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

When I see others I see a form of myself that either make up alot of myself or a tiny part of myself. And I say that in a way of saying. Everyone of us is the same person albeit whether they make up a taboo side of ourself or a fantasy side.

You might have thoughts of being a great war hero but could probably never be one. So the ones who are, are the side of you that you wish you could be. You might have wondered what it would be like to murder somone but never would because it's morally incorrect. So someone who has played a side of you that will never show.

You might a very nice person who keeps an a*hole locked inside. So someone who is outward with their opinions are actually a side of you that you suppress. Every person on the planet is playing a side of someones conscious in some way shape or form!

We are all one!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Very interesting thread, I sense sadness and struggle every time I see the faces of the people I see everyday, especially in the subway. Whenever I sit on the train, I see people of all cultures and nations sitting down with somber laden faces. But that's just me. The older I get, I notice more evil in the world.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I see beauty in all living things, in fact I search for it where it is hard to find.

I believe each and every person recognizes the similarities in each other - myself included. We are one race united in our similarities and divided by our differences both in physical form and mental state.

edit on 22-8-2011 by nottheonlyone because: grammar

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
truely I usally get confused when I look at others its really strange

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

example: i see many people when i go food shopping. most are just mulling about in the background, doing their chore. i have to concentrate on my own task at hand, my shopping, and not hitting someone with my cart or getting in someones way.

seeing a child jump about, being free while shopping with Mom makes me smile with happiness. the little ones are so precious; i consider them an incredible gift and a blessing.

seeing someone unable to reach an item up high i would offer help; i am tall and can easily reach.

seeing a Stock Clerk perform a boring repetitive task i may make a silly comment to him to offer comic relief and brighten his moment.

people that leave their cart in the middle of the aisle and walk away as if they are the only person on the Earth, i just push their cart out of the way and ignore them for i feel they are either ignorant and selfish or so darn busy they forget their manners.

i like to compliment some people, if they are wearing something i perceive to be really nice, indicative of good style or taste. it could be shoes, shirt, hairstyle, tattoos, whatever. some people stand out to me as a cut above the others who do not care about their appearance.

different people i react to in different ways. and on many days i completely keep to myself. but more often than not i try to leave someone with a smile. i consider this my job. every day i come into contact with others is a day to show courtesy, to brighten someones day just a little with a smile or a compliment.

i'm nothing special but i think it's very important to let others know they are.

if it was okay in society to just hug people i would do it. people need to be reminded they are wonderful and they are loved.

when i look at others i see so many that never had enough people tell them "I love you".

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Mostly, I see fear, or the fear of death, which plays out as the ultimate guide for evolution.

The way I look at it, love all that you can, while it's there to be loved. It will be gone some day.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I see imperfection, ignorance, suffering, fear, the very image of the god of this world indeed.
edit on 22-8-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I don't know because most ppl hide behind masks in the most literal sense.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I see people as one so therefore I see a small piece of myself in them. When it comes to fear, love, etc. I feel those emotions from others and at times can see them as colors coming from them.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by BooKrackers
reply to post by Ralphy

Hmm, I don't really see them....I feel them...does that count? And if that's true, then I feel all kinds of stuff about em.

You mean them as genuine people? Sure, there's more than you would think......most everyone else is a doosh though.

I couldn't agree more. I have more an "emotional sense" of a person than anything else. I can usually immediately pick up what people are feeling and what their inherent character is like.

It is difficult for me to spend a lot of time in public, as I usually feel swamped by all the emotional signatures of those around me. But it is a great discrimination tool.

And I am afraid that it is true. Very few people are genuine. I am also constantly surprised at the amount of "users and abusers" that go about their business on this planet of ours - people that put up a false face of friendliness and amiability - but meanwhile deep inside they are reading others like a book, reading their vulnerabilities and where they would be able to tap in, exploit; and gain something for nothing... As an example - I have a bit of computer knowledge and find it exceptionally difficult to charge people for my service, and it is surprising how MANY of my supposed "friends" befriended me just so that I can do them the odd computer favour - for free of course.

different people i react to in different ways. and on many days i completely keep to myself. but more often than not i try to leave someone with a smile. i consider this my job. every day i come into contact with others is a day to show courtesy, to brighten someones day just a little with a smile or a compliment.

Beautiful post! I do wish everybody could be a bit more like you. There is hope for our race yet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join