It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A website should be geared to narration without using Ease Of Access; where the narration would be

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
done by the website designer and one could just scroll above any area and here the litterature much like audio books
edit on 22-8-2011 by MichelJCardin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MichelJCardin

Um OK.......but why? I can think of some reasons, but It would be nice if you were to tell us why you personally think this is important. Maybe for blind people?.....then again don't they have programs that read text aloud for the blind?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Yes they do have these things allready in place for then but they are bad quality and other reasons are creations of jobs while creating great narrators and I for one wouldn't mind listening to texts rather then read then and could even choose to listen to more then one at once if they were to be distinctive. such as woman's and man's voices.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

There is the problem of a blind person not being able to navigate appropreatly about where they wish but I firstly was intending this for my wishes to be able to listen as opposed to reading scripts.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

OK...so who's going to pay all of these website narrators? You can't just create jobs without demand nor with no money to pay.....Are websites going to pay? Are you suggesting they be required to pay for narrators? I'm sure huge websites can afford such things, but the net is full of websites owned by regular people trying to make a buck...forcing them to hire a narrator for every new blog they create would basically destroy the internet as we know it, as only those with enough money could afford such a thing. Are you suggesting web page makers read the text?.....well that would take a HUGE amount of time away from just running their page, and that's assuming they even have decent mikes to record their own voice....who would read random crap like the stuff posted to sites like this? Because that makes up a huge portion of the internet. I just don't see how your Idea makes all that much sense...no offense. If your original Idea was to help the blind (or another group I thought of was the severely dyslexic) then that is indeed admirable.....but the enormous resources it would take to pull off something like you are suggesting, and to keep it going, would be much better spent designing smarter, and more natural sounding programs that read the text for such individuals that need it......not to mention such research is ongoing already and would keep developing anyway....if you don't like the computer voice that reads such text, just give it a few more years and you won't be able to tell a computer voice from a human anyway!

new topics

top topics

join