It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Elect 2012 ! You Can Choose The Candidates, Please Read If Your American!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
What if there were a better way to choose our president? Americans Elect is harnessing the power of the Internet to ask every single voter one simple question: who would you nominate in 2012?

You choose the issues.
You choose the candidates.
You nominate the ticket.
And the winner will be on the 2012 ballot in every state.

The Above is from AmericansElect.org I was listening to the news this evening and went to their website.. This is no joke and they have a million plus Americans already signed up to make this a 2012 reality..

Check it out !!!
edit on 22-8-2011 by CherubBaby because: Title

edit on 22-8-2011 by CherubBaby because: title

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I don't like re posting but this is worth reading about. I don't think many Americans have heard about this..

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Saved to my favorites, Ill be participating in this. I would like to see how it ends up working

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
www.americanselect.org...

...okay, well, i went there... not impressed - because - you dont get to see which candidates they're sponsering and/or building platforms for unless you sign up...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
What does saying who you would vote for have to do with a better way of selecting the President?

I don't see the connection.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

It is not just saying who you would vote for. The purpoe is to allow people in all 50 states to pick there own candidates through the internet and decide the issues and the ticket collectively and put them on the 2012 Presidentual Election Ballot.. Rather than having to be limited to the Rep and Dem candidates that are selected for us.. They are petitioning and it looks like they will get it through..

Thanks for your post..

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by kro32

The purpoe is to allow people in all 50 states to pick there own candidates through the internet and decide the issues and the ticket collectively and put them on the 2012 Presidentual Election Ballot.. Rather than having to be limited to the Rep and Dem candidates that are selected for us.. They are petitioning and it looks like they will get it through..

...since you've got an inside view and i dont, mind answering a few questions?...

...how do they get the choices from that site on each state's ballot?...

...how do they guarantee that the electoral college reps in each state will recognize their choices?...

...arent there state and federal laws they'd have to circumvent?...

...i remember ron paul complaining a few years ago about some election law in texas that prevented him from being a viable candidate...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

I just signed up, and it seems to me to be a VERY liberally slanted website.

It basically throws you a ton of poll type questions to see what your stance is on the issues, but the questions are left leaning bias.

Another thing I noticed is most if not all of the results are very heavily liberally swayed, for example, "Do you think the government should cut taxes to create jobs or spend more to create jobs? "

11% Cut taxes
46% Spend more
21% Both
18% Neither
4% Unsure

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Hi. I want to be clear about one thing. I don't have any connection or inside view on this issue. I was watching the Nightly News and there were 2 men that are connected with the site. They said they were confident that they would get all the signatures and the numbers that it will take to put this through for 2012. The only reason at this point I am interested, is because I want to see where it will go and what it will evolve into. I would like to see the American people have a say in the Candidates they prefere rather than the rich corporations making the choice for them.

Thx for your post..

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

...oh, okay - i misunderstood... well, good luck to them but i still think they'd have to circumvent state and federal laws to get their choices on the ballot...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I am really disappointed this just has one flag!
I checked out americans elect yesterday and it is really a great idea so i signed up.
I am not surprised that Dr. Paul has the most backers as a draft candidate.

the word needs to get out quickly about 10 days for the first round of the caucus!

new topics

top topics

join