It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What nations combined or alone, could take on America, in the heartland?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

You might want to read this, MIL-STD-188-125-1 High Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse (HEMP) Protection For Ground Based C41 Facilities Performing Critical, Time Urgent Missions

Here's a copy: www.wbdg.org...

The idea that an EMP could be used to disable all of the US military's critical infrastructure is a fantasy.
edit on 26/8/11 by MikeboydUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Combine China and Russia
if they invade
they can put a hundred thousand soldier in each american cities

To win a war against the USA ..
no choice to invade with a surprise attack East West South ..
probably will invade canada to for the north of the usa
and take the entire american population hostage
in that way .. the pentagone will think again before launching a thousand of nukes at them

Edit : or like Mike say above me
an EMP would be perfect for s surprise invasion
edit on 8/26/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
Hell, I've been waiting for China to "liberate" us for a while now. All they need is for Canada to agree to be neutral and they can just roll armor down from Alaska.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

Do you really believe that? You have a whole lot to read and learn about global military force projections if you do. This isn't the early 20th century or before where the number of troops at the ready represents your strength. China's military is a land-locked mass of untested and unprepared people and equipment. They could certainly fend off most any occupying force, but striking far outside of their homeland is out of the question.

If anyone is wondering, Russia is the only nation on this planet that still possesses anywhere near the capabilities to inflict serious trauma on the United States of America, from a military perspective of course. They, however, suffered great financial blows at the time the United States of America was shifting to newer and next-generation capabilities. They are strong, experienced and prepared; however much of their equipment and centralized organization are questionable.

A mainland invasion and occupation of the United States of America is nearly impossible at the PRESENT. IF, and that's a big if, it could be pulled off, it would require a level of international cooperation and precision striking that would make any of the military campaigns in the recorded history of mankind look novice and easy by comparison. That is only taking into account the initial invasion. Any hostile occupiers of U.S. American soil would nearly immediately face an insurrection and grassroots guerilla force that would make the insurgents in Afghanistan and Iraq look like children playing games. From the Florida Keys through to Alaska, occupying forces would be assaulted by an armed and willing populace. People from around the world love to criticize this nation's love of weapons, but their leaders understand fully why a military occupation of the United States of America is improbable if not impossible, barring any catastrophic events that would cripple us beyond-repair.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Probably Europe or Asia, if they all team up.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Griever666

Are you crazy!? This wouldn't happen in America because average Americans would never let it happen. We put up with alot of crap from our government, but the second they moved on their own people there would be an all out revolution. The military would fracture into obedient servants and die-hard patriots and would fight each other. This isn't even plausible or worthy of discussion.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The combined EU military strength is this:

Manpower

Total Active personnel = 1,536,274
Total Reserve personnel = 4,549,222
Total Paramilitary personnel = 798,800

Combined total strength = 6,884,296

Hardware

Number of tanks = 6,895
Number of combat aircraft = 3,523
Number of transport aircraft = 1,349
Number of aircraft carriers = 6.

The EU with a combined military would be able to launch an invasion alone.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Gah, If there was anysort of american genocide.

Me and my family and friends Would Be trying to get you out!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
If the US tried genocide on it's own people, the people would have to remove the Gov. from power.

If Lincoln didn't have the entire Russian Pacific and Atlantic Naval Fleets in Union Ports, the Confederacy would have won...and we wouldn't HAVE a Police State.

What? You weren't taught that in school? Read some books.

Desperate for money and jobs...the FDA/Federal Government looked the other way while this company called Nuvasive started advertising you could get a "Minimally Invasive Surgery" on your spine...where they go thru your side, carve out the disc in there, and hammer in a plastic spacer...then close you up. Surgeons would make BANK doing alot of those a day. The 90's Cage Rage was thus again reborn.

The vertebrae were never bolted together with FDA approved Fixation...the plastic spacer was never approved to be used alone as an artificial disc...and down the road what did we realize?

Well there were people having this plastic spacer flop out, move around, cause severe nerve damage, infections in their spines, deaths, severe disabilities....

Who cares? The citizens are pawns for the real people to make lots of money off of. DOD was making bank investing its funds in that company during their boom years. Nobody gave a rats about the people.

And you think your Government wouldn't commit genocide against its own citizens? What rock have you been under?

Bextra/Vioxx being prescribed off label to give all those people heart attacks? Big money was made from those two. So much so the Fed's finally had to admit guilt and did something...fined Pfizer $1.3 Billion. More money than that were made by many players killing their fellow Americans.

Do you think your Government minds all those Pharmacuticals who sent manufacturing to China to make big $$$$$.....and the Chinese turned around and poisoned those products to send back and kill Americans? Why didn't the Federal Government go after China for poisoning/putting metal/wood in all those products you put in your belly? Because people were making money killing Americans.

Even your fellow Americans.

If there is 1 thing in history you must remember....

George Washington amassed more troops to go against his own people....than he ever put together to fight the British.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
NONE. Look at my signature....and this is AFTER the military is gone.

Originally posted by Griever666
Imagine a building is blown to shreds, something symbolic, like the world trade centers were. Now imagine, that to protect us from the "horrible forces" that did this, new security laws are enacted that give the government more control and power. With this new power they begin making all native Americans wear crescent symbols to symbolize their difference from the "true Americans". Soon their put into their own neighborhoods, well i guess the ones that aren't already. Anti indian propaganda is all over the MSM. Then, concentration camps, filled with Indians.

Remind you of anything? If America ever set out on a nationwide genocide, of any peoples, would any country step in to put a stop to it? if so who? What country or countries would protect the American citizens, Could protect us?

What nations do you believe would truly care about protecting freedom in other lands, and of those nations which ones alone or combined, would have the fighting power to be survive a march through america, to take down the camps?

If this happened would those in the camps have any sort of hope of rescue?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Swanfilters

The EU on its own can put up a good defensive campaign, but offense is another story. I'm sure they would put forth a good effort and the UK would perform the best out of all of them, but the rest would fall short due to lack of training, experience, morale and offensive capabilty.

For a comparison:

USA

Personnel:
1.4 million reserves
1.4 million active duty
120 million fit for service (remember this is an invasion, the EU force would have to face most of the population)

Hardware:
Main battle tanks: 9573 (over 2500 more tanks than the EU)
Infantry Fighting Vehicles/Armored Personnel Carriers: 26,563
Combat Aircraft: 3389 (Not including drones)
Strategic Bombers: 179
Aircraft Carriers (All Super Carriers): 11

Now if you got the Russians and the Chinese, namely added Russian armor, airpower and Chinese cannon fodder you could wear down US military capability.

If the assault is not overwhelming and sustained, the US would launch a counter offensive and deploy/produce advanced weaponry, e.g. drones, railguns, and directed energy weapons.

If the combined effort in the initial assault is not well organized, it could easily result in the Russian, Chinese, and Euro navies and air forces being almost wiped out.

One other major issue is sustainment, the Russians and Chinese would be unable to sustain long term combat operations in North America and the EU would struggle to, especially if Canada was occupied by US forces. They could find themselves in a situation where the US would play island hop across the Atlantic in a counter offensive until they reached Brussels. Best chance then would be to bog US forces down in Britain and negotiate for a ceasefire.

Any invasion of the US would be a huge gamble, especially if US anti-ballistic missile systems are effective and the invading force lacks an effective system. The US would nuke its way to an armistice.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Our Government is corrupt enough as it is, but if somebody like Rick Perry or Michelle Bachmann wins the 2012 election, and the new Oligarchy rises up and transforms this nation into a police state the likes of which you've never seen, there will be a second US civil war, I kid you not. The nation will split in two, between the true blooded patriots, and the cold blooded NWO evil that is the US military. When this nation, and I say when this happens, and this nation is forced to defend itself from the inside out... what then? We're all screwed. EVERY SINGLE NATION THAT HATES US WILL ALLY TOGETHER AND STRIKE US FROM ALL CORNERS OF THE WORLD. EVERYBODY HATES THE UNITED STATES! "EVERYONE!" When this happens, America will fall, and the North American Union will rise from its ashes as a single regional government.

America is not as safe of a place as you would like to think.
edit on 28-8-2011 by Davian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I strongly recommend you people read my post thoroughly and take it into consideration, it may very well save your life.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
After reading the many postings to this thread it dawned on me that no one is truly considering or thinking about some elements of consideration that need to be included in this discussion.

While many see China, Russian and perhaps others as being able to launch a first strike capability and then follow up with conventional forces, it would be the control of US airspace that would determine just how events would go in the aftermath of a nuclear first strike on all of the USA.

There are many scenarios that could be discussed but the only one that concerns me is the scenario of a first strike and while our Navy submarines are waiting for the launch codes, I fear that those codes that Obama would have to release will never be forthcoming in time to save the USA.

In effect, Obama has the current capability of delaying or outright refusing to release the codes necessary to launch our missiles and don't for one second think that he doesn't already know that he alone holds the fate of America after a first strike on America by controlling how and when he releases those launch codes.

There are some like myself that think that when and if we are ever attacked that Obama will capitulate and refuse to release the launch codes. When he does this, it will be the final signal to the military that he is not a true president but an enemy of the nation that has used his position as POTUS to undermine the ability of America to respond to any attack.

Perhaps this is what Obama seeks, but with the military becoming more and more aware of how Obama is, it will not surprise me if our military DOD types figure out some way to bypass Obamas codes and do what needs to be done to save America.

Just remember that just because Obama is the president does not mean he will act as our president when and if a first strike occurs.

It is this concern that troubles me because with everything I have seen Obama do to this nation, it would not surprise me to see Obama sell out the nation, refuse to release the launch codes to the military in waiting and will most likely surrender America under unconditional terms.

This is what we should be worried about long before we begin to worry who will come and intervene to save what is left of Americans.

Anyway, there you have it. This is what I wanted to add to the discussion and in doing so, I hope that others will begin to see that our troubles have not yet begun and when they do, we don't know if we can rely on Obama to do the right thing.

With his current track record, it signals a quick surrender while he and his family are deep in some bunker waiting for the invitation to sign the surrender of America under unconditional terms.

If the military has not yet considered a major "Trixy" from Obama and his Zionist handlers, then they are as asleep as the masses and are too dumbed down to know any better. While I have hope that this concern is understood for what it is, I feel that only time and a first strike on America will show us whether I am right or wrong about what I feel Obama will not do when and if the time comes to give the launch codes to the military.

Thank you for considering this added material to the discussion at hand.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Chinese leaders follow the Art of War by Sun Tzu.

I read about the submarine surfacing during the United States Naval games....and then vanishing off radar.

If they have the power to somehow go undetected, Theoretically they could stalk every single one of our subs over such a long period of time that eventually they would know where all of our subs are at a strategic moment.

I read they are looking into anti-satellite weaponry; and with their secretive government, who knows what theyve accomplished or currently have in their arsenal. The one thing I do notice is they steal everything military wise from us; so I doubt they could create their own awesome anti satellite weaponry. They would simply wait for us to make it and they would steal it from some hellbent traitor like they always do. Thats about as creative as they can get.

Anyways, theoretecially, they could take out all of our satelilttes, at a precise strategic moment.

They have anti carrier missiles...and they have shipping worldwide. Theoretically they could be clever enough to install launchers on what would appear to be cargo ships and do a surprise attack on our carriers at the same exact precise moment the above attacks are launched, and we would find ourselves in some trouble.

All without firing a single nuke.

They are stupid if they think they can invade and take the USA mainland. Unless they chemically or biologically attack and annihillate the west coast; and wait for it to be habitable again; theres no way they are taking us over. Every homeowner is a gunowner, our police are among the best in the world, and they can't even control our gangs; plus we have the largest selection of military veterans who would organize a legit insurgency the second those deadmen soldiers would step off the boat and on the beach...dead men walking.

But if all of the above happened, we would be out for the count over night. It would take God knows how long to recooperate from that.

My one issue, does the USA have a way to fire nukes without satelitte guidance?

edit on 29-8-2011 by bodybagPAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Swanfilters

The EU on its own can put up a good defensive campaign, but offense is another story. I'm sure they would put forth a good effort and the UK would perform the best out of all of them, but the rest would fall short due to lack of training, experience, morale and offensive capabilty.

For a comparison:

USA

Personnel:
1.4 million reserves
1.4 million active duty
120 million fit for service (remember this is an invasion, the EU force would have to face most of the population)

Hardware:
Main battle tanks: 9573 (over 2500 more tanks than the EU)
Infantry Fighting Vehicles/Armored Personnel Carriers: 26,563
Combat Aircraft: 3389 (Not including drones)
Strategic Bombers: 179
Aircraft Carriers (All Super Carriers): 11

Now if you got the Russians and the Chinese, namely added Russian armor, airpower and Chinese cannon fodder you could wear down US military capability.

If the assault is not overwhelming and sustained, the US would launch a counter offensive and deploy/produce advanced weaponry, e.g. drones, railguns, and directed energy weapons.

If the combined effort in the initial assault is not well organized, it could easily result in the Russian, Chinese, and Euro navies and air forces being almost wiped out.

One other major issue is sustainment, the Russians and Chinese would be unable to sustain long term combat operations in North America and the EU would struggle to, especially if Canada was occupied by US forces. They could find themselves in a situation where the US would play island hop across the Atlantic in a counter offensive until they reached Brussels. Best chance then would be to bog US forces down in Britain and negotiate for a ceasefire.

Any invasion of the US would be a huge gamble, especially if US anti-ballistic missile systems are effective and the invading force lacks an effective system. The US would nuke its way to an armistice.

Ok, in which case we can just nuke every single major city and town, then we invade.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Let's assume that a group of nations decide to invade mainland USA. This is a conventional invasion, no NBC. Okay. now let us assume that they are able to subdue the US military. Now you have a scenerio that is very similar to the state of affairs in Afganistan at this moment.

Now look at the trouble we are having in order to quell and subdue the insergents there, whilst ultilising the availble technology and manpower at our disposal.

I think this will give you an idea as to how difficult a modern conventional army will find it to dominate mainland USA.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Remember too, that if the scenario that the US government is committing widescale genocide, the people may well want liberation and freedom, in that case, any assistance should be done through supplying arms and training. No EU or foreign troop should set foot on US soil because then it will appear to be a hostile action, unless it is explicitly requested.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Swanfilters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Sometimes i seriously wonder about this website.

What countries on the planet right now have the ability to ferry hundreds of thousands or millions of troops to the mainland US? The premise of this entire thread isnt even valid because no one can get to the heart land!!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I can't see any nations invading to help an oppressed race, they'd have too much to lose with little to gain. If the EU organized and rearmed to war levels, they'd probably at least match the US for strength, but for a proper victory would require a coalition of several nations. Look at what it took to take down Germany in WW2. And thats taking nukes out of the equation.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It doesn't take a nation. It takes only a few men who have power over money. In fact, I believe they already took America on and won around 1913.

Not all battles are fought with weapons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join